The official Facebook page for Need For Speed: World has just achieved 750.000 likes and, as promised, the dev. team has released an universal code that grants every player with a free Toyota Supra. Redeem it quickly on World's website, the code is valid until Friday, 17th May at 06:00 GMT.
Here's the code: HJVF-9N69-HUSU-LMH3
If the community can reach 1.000.000 likes, there will be another reward!
• Latest news
• Car list
• Car performance setups
• Photomode Showroom
• Car list
• Dreamshot Showroom
• Car list
• Car Showroom
• Car List
• Free download
Listen!Listen to Need for Speed soundtracks!
NFS.com updatesSubscribe • NeedforSpeed.com
The ShowroomUpload your best pictures from ProStreet, Carbon or any older Need for Speed game to our Showroom.
Does your image have what it takes to reach the Hall of Fame?
WikiHelp us write the best Need for Speed knowledge database on the internet!
The Need for Speed Wiki awaits your contributions.
Sunday, 12. May 2013
MR2 - Green Performance by tubevox1982
And this week we have a new entry to our list this time the 12th place is for tubevox1982 and his Toyota MR2 from NFSW called "MR2 - Green Performance". We are all fully agree that this car is the best one for the week. Overall the car is clean with clear sport lines in green, black and white colors. The trunk is made to appear that is made from carbon fiber. Tenzo R wheels with this inches fit very well with the rest of the car. Finally, but not on final place the decals are placed very well to and gives to the car one complete vision.
You're free to rate and comment the entry here:
Sunday, 5. May 2013
InYellTechra by RevvSG
We are proud to introduce you one of our newest tuners - RevvSG. His career as Tuner only goes up and it can be easily seen by his newest entry "InYellTechra". Clean body, great color combo and vynils which follow the car lines what more? When yellow, gray and black come together in one color combination definitely attract more eyes like in case with this Acura RSX. Decals are very well placed and the idea for carbon fiber details (made with vynils) stay great on this part of the car. Wheels are not so employed, but also fit quite well with these orange edges. The presentation is abstract and describes quite well the car itself. We hope to see more new entries from Revv in the future.
You can rate, comment and FAV the entry here:
Thursday, 2. May 2013
To all Need For Speed: World players, please be aware that the game servers will be shut down today (2nd May) for scheduled maintenance. This maintenance will take 2 hours. The list of new features and bug fixes is below:
Start time: 21:00 GMT
End time: 23:00 GMT
- No new features are being added with this patch.
Bug fixes / changes:
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from receiving rewards in Team Escape;
- Fixed an issue that caused players to receive both 0 Rep and 0 Cash after completing an Event;
- Fixed an issue that allowed a selected Achievement badge to change when using the mouse scroll wheel;
- Fixed an issue that caused player's microphones to mute in the Pre-race lobby after clicking Race Again;
- Optimized the way damage displays for a number of cars with body kits installed;
- Achievement rarity will now progressively update during a session;
- Client optimizations were made to help reduce server load;
- Some minor localization fixes were made;
- Fixed an issue that prevented vinyls from being placed on some locations of the Chevrolet El Camino SS "Vengeance".
The world.needforspeed.com website may go down shortly during the maintenance period.
Monday, 22. April 2013
Hundra Enraged by StaneSKT
This beautiful monster we have here is made by our co-writer StaneSKT. The car itself looks simple, but has a fantastic attention to details. The carbon-fiber with those yellow lines makes the car looking very unique. The yellow colour itself works very well with carbon-fiber. Rims are fabulous too, especially when they have those thin yellow lips. Little blue elements like headlights really add to it too. And in the end we can see a nice presentation made by Moe-Z. Maybe it's a little too much yellow, but it still looks hot.
You can leave a comment here:
Wednesday, 17. April 2013
One week ago the dev. team of Need For Speed: World challenged all players to complete 5 million in-game events with a Japanese car. If the community, as a whole, could do this in one week, the prize would be an universal car pack code.
The results were announced and not only did the community managed to complete 5 million in-game events, they even got a new record: over 5.2 million events with a Japanese car! So, here's the reward code:
Be sure to redeem it as soon as possible at http://world.needforspeed.com/. This code will give you a free Card Pack, which will be available for 0 SpeedBoost in the Card Pack Shop. After you get the card, just use it and see which car you got. It is possible to get all types of cars using this card, including Elite and retired cars.
Sunday, 14. April 2013
Frozen Soul by Shad0w
From the beginning of this week this car has created a serious request to come into "Car of the Week". Rare we can see so simple, but very stylish Eclipse. "Frozen Soul" is maybe one of the best from all NFS series categories and deservedly enter in our chart. There's nothing more to say about the car, it can just be seen. Now,I will digress a bit from the article, to make a special wish. Today Shad0w has a birthday and now with the permission of NFSUnlimied Staff Crew I want to wish you my friend to achieve everything you want in your life, no matter how hard is it. You're a fighter and never give up! Happy Birthday, bro!
Wednesday, 10. April 2013
To all Need For Speed: World players, please be aware that the game servers will be shut down today (10th April) for scheduled maintenance. This maintenance will take 9 hours. The list of new features and bug fixes is below:
Start time: 17:00 GMT
End time: 03:00 GMT (11th April)
- New Achievements system: players can now obtain Achievements after completing specific milestones within the game;
- Achievements badge set now appears in the pre-race, post-race and compare drivers screens, allowing players to show off specific Achievements they have completed;
- A new Achievements Log helps players track achievement progress, customize their Achievement badge set, and claim rewards;
- New Driver Score measures the number of Achievements each driver has obtained;
- The all new Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 has been added to the game and is available exclusively as an Achievement reward
- 5 new "Achievement Edition" cars have been added the game and are available exclusively through Achievement rewards: BMW M3 (E92), Ford Focus RS, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni, Koenigsegg CCX, and Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (S30).
Bug fixes / changes:
- Improvements were made to the client's stability;
- Driver Profile screen was removed from the Safehouse;
- Rankings have been removed from the News Feed;
- Fixed an issue that caused the Powerup cross to display an incorrect event label.
Please note that the Need for Speed World Leaderboards will be reset during the patch. This means that all leaderboard data will be removed.
Tuesday, 9. April 2013
The dev. team has posted a list of future achievements coming to the game, and it has also shed some light about rewards concerning achievements. Starting with the rewards, users will be able to win: Aftermarket Parts, Skill Mods, In-Game Cash, Performance Parts, Card Packs and, more importantly, cars. There are 6 cars that can be won by unlocking achievements, namely:
- BMW M3 (E92)
- Ford Focus RS
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni
- Koenigsegg CCX
- Nissan Fairlady 240 ZG (S30)
There is also one extra car that the dev. team refused to announce, saying only "we guarantee that every single person who plays NFS World has been waiting for this car and absolutely can't wait to get their hands on it". According to them, this car can only be won if the player unlocks all achievements. It is thought that this car is the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, as recent images surfaced of the car in-game, like this one.
As for the list of achievements, you can check this blog post to see all future achievements coming to the game. Most of them will be retroactive, meaning that they will be unlocked as soon as the player logs in, but only if the player has completed the goal, of course. Some of the achievements won't be retroactive, though. Here's a breakdown of which achievements are retroactive and which are not:
Will retroactively count towards completing Achievements:
- Manufacturer Car Collections
- Total Car Collection
- Driver Progression
- Treasure Hunt Streak
- Treasure Hunts Completed
- Beta Status
Will not retroactively count towards completing Achievements:
- Car Customization
- Event stats (streaks, win/losses)
- Drivers' In-Game Cash
A release date for the new achievements system has not yet been given, but it should be near. The dev. team says the maintenance window will be extended for several hours when deploying the achievements, so expect some downtime of World's servers. A maintenance patch is expected today, Tuesday 9th, but we have to wait until further info by the dev. team.
Sunday, 7. April 2013
After the official announcement of the achievements system a few days ago, the dev. team has been releasing daily a lot of information about this new system. Here's a sum of all the important info.
- Achievements Log: this will be a new in-game menu that will allow the player to view every achievement, see the progress towards completing an achievement, and redeem the rewards. Here's a high-resolution picture showing this new menu.
- Once an achievement is unlocked, a pop-up menu will appear to let the player know which achievement was unlocked.
- Achievement Badges: this is the primary method of showing off the type of driver you are and what achievements you have unlocked. In each player's driver profile there are four slots that players can assign their Achievement badges to. The colour of the badge's border also represents how rare of an achievement it is. If the border around the achievement is black that means that the achievement isn't very rare and a lot of players have completed that achievement. However, if the border is gold that means that less than 5% of all active Need For Speed World players have completed that achievement rank and you are among the elite!
Keep checking back because the last articles will mention rewards and probably a release date for the achievements system. Need For Speed: World usually receives a patch every Tuesday, so it is expected that the achievements will become available after this week's patch.
As for rewards, the picture showing the new in-game menu shows rewards such as a custom car, performance mods, and skill mods.