Favorite Car?

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Favorite Car?

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Ugh, Reventon - I don't know what made Lamborghini decide that looked good.

The Gallardo, on the other hand... *Whistles.* The Spyder, double so. =P~ That is, pre-2009.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

It looks like a diamond or crystal.

Basically thats why they made it. It looks as if you're driving around in a crystal/diamond, which instantly makes you uber rich. lol
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I thought it was supposed to resemble the F-22 Raptor (which, incidentally, is a very nice-looking plane).
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I'm more interested in its engine. Rather than just use the regular Reventon's engine which is from the LP640, the Roadster has the SuperVeloce's 670hp revision of it. That immediately puts it up to super-cool imo.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

So those massive 30hp does do the trick for you eh?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Yes. Or at least it makes it faster than the normal Reventon. And for a roadster, that is cool.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Ugly and overpriced IMHO. 670bhp perhaps, but a load of extra weight. I'll have a 670SV or, more likely, a V10 R8, an Allroad 2.7 Biturbo with an RS6 motor transplanted in for towing, and another S2 to turn into a track monster.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Why do I have a strange attraction to the 300ZX [Z32]?
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

To be quite honest I'm not surprised, although the Z32 was said to be one of the lemons of the Z-Car world. Still wouldn't mind having one though.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

If I lived in Kyoto, I'd actually get one (or an NSX-R or a Nissan Skyline GT-R (any model) or even a Toyota Supra GT). Then again, this is America, land of the dumb and home of the crappy FWD sedans.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

now, it would be surely some Japanese car.
350Z , RX-7 , Skyline GT-R R34 , Supra Twin Turbo (MK IV of course).
European cars dont appeal to me because err...well im European, so they are just normal for me.
and American cars just would not drive well on those crappy roads in my country.
actually driving a Lamborghini in this country is just stupid with those roads. Waste of a car and suspension :(
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Yes, a Lamborghini would be unsuitable here too. But most American cars should be ok, they're not that low and their suspension is probably not too hard. But they're not very popular here, except for Fords. And sports cars are as rare as anywhere.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

ElvenAvenger wrote:now, it would be surely some Japanese car.
350Z , RX-7 , Skyline GT-R R34 , Supra Twin Turbo (MK IV of course).
European cars dont appeal to me because err...well im European, so they are just normal for me.
and American cars just would not drive well on those crappy roads in my country.
actually driving a Lamborghini in this country is just stupid with those roads. Waste of a car and suspension :(
There's loads of Jap cars on the roads here in the UK. Besides, have you ever been in an RX-7? I was in a race-specification, not-road-legal E36 M3 last year in Germany on the 'ring (a pretty bumpy, uneven track) and it was far more comfortable than an RX-7 is on the motorway.

It's almost as if Mazda neglected to fit suspension to the rear of the car at all...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I think they just forgot to add suspension :D
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

ElvenAvenger wrote:actually driving a Lamborghini in this country is just stupid with those roads. Waste of a car and suspension :(
Better than most Japanese sports cars. In fact a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 was road-tested by MOTOR magazine Australia, where we have some of the worst roads in the world, nay, the universe, and it was actually according to them quite comfortable. But just a tad too wide. Just a bit. *cough* It took up the whole road *cough*
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Better than most Japanese sports cars. In fact a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 was road-tested by MOTOR magazine Australia, where we have some of the worst roads in the world, nay, the universe, and it was actually according to them quite comfortable. But just a tad too wide. Just a bit. *cough* It took up the whole road *cough*
You should see my road into my nearest town. We've had a weeks worth of heavy snowfall and though most of it has melted, the A4, even though I've wound the KW's up an inch or so, skips across the road like a stone. Some of the potholes are well over 20cm deep.

Yeah, though I want something faster with four wheels, it's totally impractical living out in the countryside. Now you can see why so many people who live near me have Range Rovers and Defenders.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:actually driving a Lamborghini in this country is just stupid with those roads. Waste of a car and suspension :(
Better than most Japanese sports cars. In fact a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 was road-tested by MOTOR magazine Australia, where we have some of the worst roads in the world, nay, the universe, and it was actually according to them quite comfortable. But just a tad too wide. Just a bit. *cough* It took up the whole road *cough*
you haven't seen our roads , i mean, drove on them :lol: i still have yet to feel what it is like to drive on a road WITHOUT holes and bumps in it.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

ElvenAvenger wrote:you haven't seen our roads , i mean, drove on them :lol: i still have yet to feel what it is like to drive on a road WITHOUT holes and bumps in it.
How do you know I haven't driven or ridden on them. I do a lot of touring you know ;)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

steelsnake00 wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:you haven't seen our roads , i mean, drove on them :lol: i still have yet to feel what it is like to drive on a road WITHOUT holes and bumps in it.
How do you know I haven't driven or ridden on them. I do a lot of touring you know ;)
you'd be complaining right now ? :roll: (yes i had no other reason)
also regarding American cars on our roads, some of them would be just too big. gotta love those 2 lane roads.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

I've fallen back in love with the M3 CSL.

A mate of mine, who used to run a Z3M Coupé, has recently bought one, pretty much same spec as my old one so Thorney Motorsport Stage II: fast road cams, remapped Alpha-N engine management, Eisemann exhaust, UUC pulleys, 6-pot AP Racing brakes front with 4-pots rear, and KW Clubsport coilovers. His is stripped at the back and rocks a bolt-in half-cage

I forgot how savage the cars can be- the best induction noise ever IMHO

Mmmmm, ain't nobody going to argue with that.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Not sure if I responded to this topic already, and I can't be bottomed to read through 32 pages to find out, but as at January 2010, my favourites are as follows:

Classic: Jaguar E Type, Jaguar XJ220 & Triumph Spitfire
Realistic: Vauxhall Calibra 2.5i V6 24V (my real-life current 2nd car), Sociedad Española de Automóviles de Turismo (SEAT) Leon (my real-life current everyday car), Nissan GTR
Dream: McLaren SLR, McLaren F1, Aston Martin (any, especially the One-77) or Ferrari 458 Italia.

Just to royally ****-off the Eco-Mentalist Greens: Range Rover Overfinch (and as an added bonus, Overfinch's European Head Office is only about a mile from my house - good for the Local Economy :P )
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Is the Calibra any good? To me they've always seemed a bit like Cavaliers in a sharp suit, and Cavs are pretty rubbish...I remember lining up against a V6 one when I was at Santa Pod with my old Corrado VR6 and completely trouncing it. I also remember going head to head with one of the 4x4 Turbo ones round some country roads in the S2 before it got big-turbo-ized and it being able to keep up pretty well
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Best car I've ever owned (and certainly the fastest)! It is also the car I've kept longest - nearly 12 YEARS ffs. This car is badly underrated by people; it easily blew away a modern Mini Cooper S in a straight line the other day, despite being completely stock.

OK, dynamically it is a car designed in the late 80's and you can tell (my 1.9 TDi Leon handles better), but IMHO there were very few better looking coupes made. I'm just waiting for the release of the new one - a 3.0 litre twin-turbo diesel in Arden Blue for me, please GM...
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

That's the odd thing about the Corrado. I drove a G60 one again quite recently and it didn't feel like a 15 year old car- it felt taut and muscular and modern.
shanecorner
Ricer
Ricer

Re:

Post by shanecorner »

steelsnake00 wrote:
darknight788 wrote:ok youn guys got all these small little 4 bangers with huge amounts of power. dont they have to be rebuilt after so many miles. or are the engines beefed up that much
Beefed up. Damn, fiancially, 1000bhp from the straight-6 BMW engines, and 750bhp+ from the 4-bangers, is suprisingly enough, actually alot cheaper than you'd imagine. 1000bhp for ~£30000 including buying the car...
Besides, holding an engine together isn't that difficult ;)
Whatever about BMW but the Lamborghini is the best one. No one can beat if She/he is a good driver. That is the best one for my view. And now a days the one in to that that is Concept and Embolado that both are good one.

Return to “The Cars”