Popular Japanese cars during the 80's - 90's

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Popular Japanese cars during the 80's - 90's

Post by Kaerar »

Pretty normal prices, just gotta remember the shipping and homologation costs. S14 is an S13 with different body, same with S15 really. They are all pretty interchangeable. It's up to you what you are after though. I'm biased towards the FC, but I wouldn't say no to a good condition R32 GTR either. For me an S1x series car just doesn't do it.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

im looking mor into the FC, cuz like you said, it will teach me more of the techniques. or a levin from that one site, how sick would that be to come to school with a levin? :D but that seems more like a fantasy
Instagram @SupraHKS
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

I dunno, depends where you are, but Levin's and Trueno's are so overpriced now it's hard to get a decent one cheap as per Initial D. They used to be good cheap cars to learn balance, now oddly the FC is probably cheaper. I just got a second one here for $2500. Only the engine isn't working (no idea why!). Luckily my old engine does so gonna get that checked over and put in the new one. Then begins the slow process of losing money to fixing the thing up ;)
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

best way to spend money.

but the only reason a levin would be difficult for me to get is because im in california so, its just alot of things to do to ship it here, make the transaction and register it as a car i the U.S. and its right hand drive while everyone has left hand drive cars.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

RHD isn't such an issue. Just the gearstick changes position!

Plus I've seen a ton of FC's on the US carsales pages. Cheap as chips over there compared to here...
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Kaerar wrote:RHD isn't such an issue. Just the gearstick changes position!

Plus I've seen a ton of FC's on the US carsales pages. Cheap as chips over there compared to here...
i dont mind RHD either really i just dont want to have a friend get in the wrong side and drive my car :lol:

next summer im going to get a job so i can save up more money for an FC, i get my liscensce in Nov. next year. by xmas ill get a car, i just want extra money so i can put some aftermarket stuff on
Instagram @SupraHKS
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Zotic+ wrote:best way to spend money.

but the only reason a levin would be difficult for me to get is because im in california so, its just alot of things to do to ship it here, make the transaction and register it as a car i the U.S. and its right hand drive while everyone has left hand drive cars.
Corolla GT-S?

It's basically the same thing. AE86 Sprinter except it's the USDM model. It has the NA 4AGE producing 112hp but that can be changed easily.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Ya, they definitely sold AE86s in the US back in the '80s. I see loads of American hachi's on Speedhunters, plus I know a US guy who used to race them back when they came out.

But same as the rest of the world, they have probably gone up in price a fair bit.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

If not mistaken they only sold the AE86 as the Corolla GT-S and it was a hatchback (sprinter) and not the Coupe (levin)

A Friend of mine has a Levin, it's still a big WIP because basicly it looks like.... well it's 25 YO.... and even though it had some serious rust and a paintjob that was... well horrid.... it still was sold for 4500 euro orso....

These buggers are expensive
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

yea we got the Corolla GT-S. Came in hatchback with the sprinter frontend. Alot of people take the SR-5's and convert them to AE86's since they look almost identical.
Fergale
Stock
Stock

Post by Fergale »

Hi,
My father still loves his car toyota corolla 80, He is having this car from 24 years and can't think to put away from him.
This is the example of car loving people.
Thanks

Return to “The Cars”