Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Very nice choice, just keep an eye on that headgasket. :wink:
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Any real tuners?

Post by Felixkissa »

vellu wrote:All finished with the Pickup, now what to do with myself....hmm, I know. Buy a new toy!
"Imported from Germany" - Welcome to the club, Vellu :P

So what are your plans for the Supra? Take it apart and rebuild it like the Timangi or what?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Felixkissa wrote:So what are your plans for the Supra? Take it apart and rebuild it like the Timangi or what?
It's mechanilly in a good shape, so a full rebuild isn't necessary. Will need new audio and some interior refurbishing though. Some scratches in bumbers will need to fixed and proper rust proofing for arctic conditions is necessary. Other than that I haven't made any big decisions yet. Lots of room for upgrades no doubt...
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

As it turns out, I ended up selling my Supra for a couple of reasons.

1) Would've required a full body re-spray at some point. Too many scratches all around.
2) I got a really good price for it (in comparison to what I paid for it)
3) and most importantly, I found something with a little more "oomph" to mess with.

And here is it. A 1990 Corvette. Mechanically in flawless condition, but has some electical issues and the interior was ruined. On the upside it only cost me around 4500€ (including wreight and shipping all the way from US, California to Finland, Lapland). Will have to add tax to that when I get it registed in Finland (after I've sorted out the problems and fixed the interior). I also ordered the parts I need for it from the US, again saving quite a bit of money (all of the interior panels, door and window insulation parts, etc. would've cost me around 2000€ if bought from Finnish part retailers. Ended up paying around 600€ (again including shipping). Takes about a month for the parts to arrive, but hey, this car is so not driveable in winter conditions anyway :wink:

Here it is. Sorry for the cropping, but I can't back up any further inside my garage... I'll try to get a better image once I get this thing fixed enough to take outside for a bit.
Attachments
Kuva025.jpg
Kuva024.jpg
V Power
V Power
Last edited by vellu on 18 Feb 2009, 23:20, edited 2 times in total.
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Felixkissa »

Not bad :D
Have you got any idea how much the tax is gonna be?

Really like the color :wink:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

It looks very nice, I hope you know what the problems with the electrics are cause the electrics in Vettes are in general rather expensive if you have to replace parts. (as with most US cars that are imported)
I hope that it won't cost you to much.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

TheStig wrote:It looks very nice, I hope you know what the problems with the electrics are cause the electrics in Vettes are in general rather expensive if you have to replace parts. (as with most US cars that are imported)
I hope that it won't cost you to much.
The car does start and run so nothing major (so far) Small issues, light non-working indicator lights and things of that nature. It's just been rotten wireing or dirty/oxidised connectors and those not expensive at all to fix. Laboursome though to go through everything. But then again I'm propably going to tear apart quite a bit of the car anyway to make sure everything is all right. Plus I will need to go over the chassis to make sure it's ready for Finnish conditions (extra corrosion proofing for sure).

As far as costs go, at the moment the euro/dollar exchange is definitely in my favor when ordering parts overseas.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Time to revive this topic...

A bit of winter cleaning, it's important right?
Attachments
Kuva168.jpg
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Good stuff vellu :) You should make a thread in Your Rides.

Return to “The Cars”