Any real tuners?

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

@ steelsnake your hopeless you just keep wallowing in thinking everything european is the best its all your good at. small little cars with small little engines seems to be your thing i guess you like small things. in case you havent heard size matters :wink:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Apparently it doesn't, if you can get a higher hp/litre ratio from a smaller engine than a large one.
shadow665
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by shadow665 »

to prove if European is better cars is better than American cars we will need facts and evdince to prove it
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Darknight- Explain to me why America buys proportionally more European cars than Europe buys American?
Perhaps it's got something to do with the fact that most of America, besides yourself, is beginning to realise that a noisy V8 is not a penis extention, does not make you better in the bedroom or any more a man.

Size matters, but nowhere near as much as how you use it.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

firetruck v8's,v6's and 12's and any other v combination. real men play with I6's with a bottomless pit of torque
:wink:
and we buy more cars because we are the largest market for cars. everybody wants to show their cars in the US for some reason
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

First let me say one thing, I don't hate American cars :wink:

I think the main reason why in europe we hardly ever see a American sportscar like a Viper or a Vette. is simply because the price of them is so high that for less money you buy a Porsche 911 or any other european sportscar.
Here is a dealership that sells Corvettes it's just a mile away from where I live, well to be exact they have a C6 corvette in the showroom but I never seen one driving around, and it's not a show model, they are a official corvette dealer (the Chevrolet dealership is somewhere else they only sell rebadged Deawoo's :oops: )
I can't remember the exact price but I know it was anything but expensive, while in the US the Vette is a high power sportscar with a low price wich makes it interesting for people to buy because it looks fast, got plenty of power etc.

But here it's basicly outclassed by less expensive cars that also have the higher end sportscar look and have plenty of speed. like a Porsche 911 (no specific model)
But the biggest diffirence between a 911 and a Vette is the overall build quality of the 911, it is simply in a diffirent class then the vette, but that's also because in terms of luxury and price the Vette isn't build to compete with a 911, it's only ment to compete in terms of speed and looks (but looks are ofcourse personal)

In the Brittish program Top Gear the referred to the C6 Vette as the American 911, and also said why we hardly see them here, cause we already have a 911, it's called the Porsche 911.

I I think all countries have their bad and good cars, and strong and weak spots when it comes to cars.
I love the styling of Brittish cars like Aston Martin, but I am also aware that they often do fail and brakedown, but then they aren't ment to be very fast they are build to look great.
From the US I for some reason love the looks of the Mustang GT500 eventhough I know it got a live rearaxle wich basicly is the suspension of the darkages and I think it's sad they didn't spend abit more money on it and bump the price abit so it had a decent suspension setup, cause it would make the car so much better.
If there was 1 US car I would buy it's the 07 GT500
Have to say I think the new Charger SRT8 looks pretty nice aswell, it does look pretty muscle if you ask me.

Italian cars, well what is there to say about them, they are build with passion and eye for detail, but they are not the most reliable cars or fuel efficient, but they look stunning, go like stink and are pieces of craftmanship, and works of art.

German cars: they are strong, luxurious and often powerfull, and are pieces of german enginering pricision, downside... hmmm I know:
Opel (in general). and the prices you pay for a useble volkswagen, cause anything you don't absolutly need is a option wich you have to pay for, wich makes a Volkswagen a bloody expensive car compared to alot of other brands.

France: in general they pretty horrible cars, they are almost always unrelaible, have weird styling. but sometimes they make a car that alot of people like (the Peugeot 206 for instance) and they make pretty good and reliable diesel engines (HDI engines)
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

the whole european hating american muscle cars is all culture clash. ive never been to europe but i hear they have very small and winding roads. no place for a vette or viper in america tho there are alot of big open roads that go on as far as you can see thats when it would be nice to have a 69 camaro z28 with a 502 big block.
and stig have you heard about the shelby mustang super snake ? it is a tuning package that gives what started out as a GT, over 725 hp 8) http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/129 ... snake.html
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

Personally, i dnt like a big v8 muscle car with 600bhp or whatever, id rather have a 300bhp sierra cosworth .lots more fun plus you have the added bonus of being able to take corners at more that 10mph
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

What he said ^
As much as you'd like to pretend a 520bhp viper handles, unless you fancy taking your corners and 3/4 of the following straight completely sideways it doesn't really.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

a little sideways action is always fun 8)
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Not when you can't get out of it ;)
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

have you seen the srt drifting team ? with their viper ? you probably have
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

No, I haven't actually. To be honest, I think drift is a load of toss.
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

:shock:

Post by Black Fire »

How could you say that! :shock:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

everybody has different tastes, especially from around the world here we like drifting, drag racing, indy racing, and nascar though nascar is really boring but thats a different story. europeans like cornering on a dime and smaller engines because over there they have small winding roads and gas prices are really high compared to here.
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

darknight788 wrote:a little sideways action is always fun 8)
Ahem :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuJWIYZyXmw
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i never said they couldnt drift. heck i have never even seen one in real life and ive barely heard of them.
if anyone has ever seen sam hubinette drift before he is awesome
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Hey darknight, speak for yourself, please - I don't appreciate you dragging me into your stereotypes.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

yes you are different and dont get offended when i say "we" i never said me and hazmat like ......... so on. just lighten up a hair :roll:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

By 'we' you mean Americans, right? Well I'm American.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

the majority of people i know like the same things i do. no offense but i dont know anybody on here your all just a bunch of screen names.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

So you base the opinion of an entire nation off the opinions of your friends? :-s
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

......... no. look im sorry i deeply offended you that wasnt the point of my post, i will try not to include you or anybody else.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Any real tuners?

Post by vellu »

Back on topic...

Continued from http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 25#p280225 (and a couple of posts after that).

All finished with the Pickup, now what to do with myself....hmm, I know. Buy a new toy!
Attachments
Details, details...
Details, details...
Not really that much oomph, but for a car this size...ridiculous!
Not really that much oomph, but for a car this size...ridiculous!
All it's glory.
All it's glory.
My new toy (old one in the background). Had this imported from Germany, since these tend to cost twice as much around here (in a similar condition).
My new toy (old one in the background). Had this imported from Germany, since these tend to cost twice as much around here (in a similar condition).
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Any real tuners?

Post by boganbusman »

OMFG :shock: Nice choice vellu! I was also considering a MkIII for my next car, but decided that it would be too expensive.

Drop a 1J or 2J into that and you'll have a rocketship :D Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Return to “The Cars”