Post by steelsnake00 »

I think this can be put to bed now :D
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

$50 says it won't be, 'cause everything ZOMBE says is right, and you guys are just a bunch of lawlericers. :roll:
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

I'll match that bet actually, I've got a bit of spare cash on me.
ZOMBE
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ZOMBE »

steelsnake00 wrote:Have you seen any of my cars?
You are wrong. You can argue with me until you're blue in the face but I will continue pulling up facts and figures to prove you haven't got a single clue what your talking about.
Those records are nowhere near world records. Perhaps for a 3000GT they are the records, but not for every vehicle on the market. There are AWD Audis and Skyline doing runs in low 7 seconds across the globe. For both the AWD car and the FWD car, they are claiming the world records for the fastest 3000's/Stealths, not for cars in general. The FWD record, after a little research, is 7.934 seconds in a Mazda 6.

So I'm sorry, but you loose!
Ah im sorry, I lose? Have you seen your cars? most over rated piece of shiznit if you wanna call em a exotic is a porsche, over rated import is a skyline, and over rated muscle by far a mustang. If you knew anything about cars you would know porsche are truly at the bottom of a foodchain. I mean my car running almost stock beats a 1999 porsche boxter sport that my friend has, kind of a sad when a 92 stealth with a messed up tranny can beat a so called high performance sports car known as a porsche.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Hazmat- I owe you $50.

Zombe- Now lets look at figures. Your car had around 200bhp when it came out the factory, and weighed as much as a small housing estate. A Boxters has 217bhp standard (I see you are referring to a "Sport" model, by which I think you mean the Boxster S, which has 250) and weighs about half of what your car does. It's got a 6-speed manual box compared to a 4-speed Auto, a better chassis, better brakes, better power delivery and much faster 0-60, 0-100, 1/4ml, 0-100-0 times and a higher top speed. There is no way in hell, unless the driver is incompetant, that a Boxster couldn't beat a Dodge Stealth. Anyway, regardless, the Boxster is hardly an exotic car. It's the same sort of class as the Honda S2000, BMW Z3 and Audi TT. It's a poser's convertible with a good market brand which is fun to drive but not exactly a performance car.

Which leads me back onto Porsche. A 911 isn't really an exotic, it's a high-performance coupé. Your sweeping generalisations (by referring to Porsche, which Porsche exactly do you mean?) make you seem like an absolute fool, and whatsmore a fool who has no idea what he's talking about. Modern Porsches, for all their blinding performance and fantastic looks, are still rather the mainstay of partially successful buisnessmen and yuppies, which is one of the main reasons I bought a classic. Compared to a Dodge Stealth, it's a firetruck god. 380bhp, RWD, light chassis, fantastic looks, even better handling (once you get used to it), and whatsmore when I come to sell it it will be worth something.
Bottom of the foodchain? I don't see Dodge having many GT class wins under their belt, or a subsidiary of Dodge having held the Nürburgring record for nigh-on 20 years. I don't see many Stealths setting record lap times for their class. In fact, I don't even see Dodge really existing anymore, now they're part of that big (un)happy family which is Daimler-Chrysler.

I find it quite pathetic that you feel the need, having been proven wrong on every single count, to attempt to pick wildly generalised and very much incorrect holes in an argument I didn't actually make in a pitiful attempt to defend yourself.

And we haven't even got onto the BMW yet. What do you have to say about that? :lol:
ZOMBE
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ZOMBE »

http://www.internetautoguide.com/car-sp ... index.html Wow check your specs it has nowhere near 250hp, btw stealth has 222hp from factory later found out its 218hp. the porsche has a really horrible 181hp, for a so called porsche thats pathetic. Any porsche, new or old are pathetic, being in a porsche before I wasnt impressed at all. The Carrera GT was the only porsche that ever catches my eye, saw one along with a SLR McClaren in a show room. Im not been proving wrong you guys are just too fully of yourself you wont settle for being beaten. BMW eh sucks too, the M3 GTR are defiently nice performance but any of the others ones not a fan of, like the Z4 and shiznit just total waste of money. Dodge makes the most powerful normal production cars you can find, the SRT series. Dodge will always be around.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Is that 218 at the crank or wheels? I find it hard to believe either way. The Porsche has a much more efficiant drivetrain, ergo:
0-60: 71s for a standard stealth
15.6s 1/4ml for a standard stealth
and...
0-60: 5.6s for a standard boxster
14s 1/4ml for a standard boxster

Sorce: http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/ ... times.html

There is no WAY that you would outaccelerate or out-1/4 a Boxster, even if the boxster was driven by an idiot.

Dodge does NOT make the most powerful production cars you can find, Dodge doesn't technically exist. It's a subsidary of Daimler/Crysler as I mentioned before. The most powerful production car in the world is built by Audi. The highest standard output from a road-legal SRT10 engine is...510bhp (Making it less powerful than the SL65 engine, the McLaren F1 M70 engine, the Veyron's 16.4 W16, the upcoming Porsche GT2, Gallardo/Audi S6/Audi S8 V10, Murcielago V12 and many other productuion engines). From an 8.3l V10, that's utter crap. That approacing, wow, 60bhp/l. The M3 manages 110bhp/l standard, with 360bhp and 3.2l displacement. The current 911 Turbo has a considerably faster 0-60 and 0-100 time dispite having less power, and has dipped into the 7 minute area on the Nürburgring, something which every generation of Viper has failed to do.

BMW sucks? The most sucessful Touring car manufacturer in the world. The M3 GTR is a race homologation of the M3, I.E the same car I own. The Z4 is a fantastic car; like it or not even the 2.0l varients have 0-60 and 0-100 times better than your Stealth, not to mention much lighter chassis and more focused handling.

You are pathetic.

As a sidenote, your reference to a Boxster Sport indicated that you were talking about the Boxster S, as the Sport was never a badging and merely a name for a handling pack which was released on later facelift Boxsters. A Boxster S has 250bhp and the 0-60 drops to 5.4 seconds (from the top of my head). I did specify that in the original reply, but you seem to have failed to grasp that in your eagerness to make a fool out of yourself.
Last edited by steelsnake00 on 04 May 2007, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

This is just sad...

:lol:
lol wut
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Pabl0z wrote:This is just sad...

steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Tyrant wrote:
Pabl0z wrote:This is just sad...

As well as maybe but it's making me laugh :D
ZOMBE
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ZOMBE »

steelsnake00 wrote:Is that 218 at the crank or wheels? I find it hard to believe either way. The Porsche has a much more efficiant drivetrain, ergo:
and...

There is no WAY that you would outaccelerate or out-1/4 a Boxster, even if the boxster was driven by an idiot.

Dodge does NOT make the most powerful production cars you can find, Dodge doesn't technically exist. It's a subsidary of Daimler/Crysler as I mentioned before. The most powerful production car in the world is built by Audi. The highest standard output from a road-legal SRT10 engine is...510bhp (Making it less powerful than the SL65 engine, the McLaren F1 M70 engine, the Veyron's 16.4 W16, the upcoming Porsche GT2, Gallardo/Audi S6/Audi S8 V10, Murcielago V12 and many other productuion engines). From an 8.3l V10, that's utter crap. That approacing, wow, 60bhp/l. The M3 manages 110bhp/l standard, with 360bhp and 3.2l displacement. The current 911 Turbo has a considerably faster 0-60 and 0-100 time dispite having less power, and has dipped into the 7 minute area on the Nürburgring, something which every generation of Viper has failed to do.

BMW sucks? The most sucessful Touring car manufacturer in the world. The M3 GTR is a race homologation of the M3, I.E the same car I own. The Z4 is a fantastic car; like it or not even the 2.0l varients have 0-60 and 0-100 times better than your Stealth, not to mention much lighter chassis and more focused handling.

You are pathetic.

As a sidenote, your reference to a Boxster Sport indicated that you were talking about the Boxster S, as the Sport was never a badging and merely a name for a handling pack which was released on later facelift Boxsters. A Boxster S has 250bhp and the 0-60 drops to 5.4 seconds (from the top of my head). I did specify that in the original reply, but you seem to have failed to grasp that in your eagerness to make a fool out of yourself.
Didnt mean literally the most powerful, but they certain make the most powerful all around cars, every single of their engines from a 4-10 have some type of racing model, every SRT model would outrun every pathetic honda model to date. As I posted to you firetruck moron I sent a direct link to the porsche my friend has that I raced and beat that barely had 200hp with less then 200tq. I been in a Z4 I see nothing special, if your gonna get a convertible go for the pontiac, best convertible for its price by far. Well id rather have a 500hp car then a light car, most light cars are small and cant handle much power. My dad had a 76 transam with so much power he broke 3 different motormounts cause it was too small to hold the power he had without major mods.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

ZOMBE just let them bash american cars all they want they will never understand the feeling of a big block roaring in front of them
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

Isnt a dadge stealth just a rebadged mistibushi 3000gt? If it is then they are awful to drive, had a shot of a friends one and id rather drive my mums 1250cc fiesta. Suppose its not that bad unless you encounter a corner but then again yours is a 1/4 mile prepped drag beast isnt it so corners arent a worry :lol:
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

I hope you like your new rank, rednecknight788 ;)
I've had the feeling of a big-block infront of me, and it was nothing special. You can't feel the power because of all the weight. You get much more sense of speed in a 200bhp, light, torqueless hatchback than you do in something like a Z06, which incidently really aren't that quick (An S2 with 10grand thrown at it by someone who ZOMBE believes he knows more about cars than has a faster 1/4ml time, 0-60 and 0-100).
ZOMBE wrote:Didnt mean literally the most powerful, but they certain make the most powerful all around cars, every single of their engines from a 4-10 have some type of racing model, every SRT model would outrun every pathetic honda model to date. As I posted to you firetruck moron I sent a direct link to the porsche my friend has that I raced and beat that barely had 200hp with less then 200tq. I been in a Z4 I see nothing special, if your gonna get a convertible go for the pontiac, best convertible for its price by far. Well id rather have a 500hp car then a light car, most light cars are small and cant handle much power. My dad had a 76 transam with so much power he broke 3 different motormounts cause it was too small to hold the power he had without major mods.
If you didn't mean literally the most powerful, why did you SAY "Most powerful". It's backtracking like that which makes you look even more of a foot. I'd like to see an Neon SRT4 outrunning a new-generation Civic Type R, let alone the top spec Hondas like the NSX. Again, your making sweeping assumptions, and why did you suddenly bring up Honda? They had nothing to do with the argument.

Good for you, I'd rather have Herpes than AIDS but I'd rather not have either. A light car with less power will always outperform a car double its weight unless the car with the increased weight has at LEAST twice the power. I will not for one minute believe you beat a Boxster in a standard Stealth, having posted the figures proving that your car is considerably slower over both the 1/4ml and 0-60.

You think a Z4 is nothing special, yet you own an American badged, heavy, FWD 90's Mitsubishi? You really do make me laugh sometimes. I'd never buy a Pontiac over a composed convertable like an M6 or even a Z4M, and we haven't even got onto folding hard-top, 600bhp Mercedes soft-tops yet. It goes something like this: as patriotic as the US car industry is, you haven't built a single vehicle which hasn't been bettered a thousand times over. You have no concept of handling, driver engagement or road composure; as far as your concerned, the bigger the engine and the louder the noise, the better. A loud noise does not a car make, and nor does a short 1/4ml time for that matter.

My dad used to fly F-16's, what's your point? He used to have a 76 Trans, who cares? I don't believe it for a second anyway; If you can squeese 350bhp and 200bhp of Nitrous into something as small as a VW Lupo (as Dubsport did) without killing it it makes a perfect demonstration of how a lighter car will beat a much heavier one. I suggest that the reason he was breaking mounts was because his car was a heap of American bollocks with too much torque for it's own good and was transferring all that torque which the poor, second-rate drivetrain couldn't handle into rotational force. If he'd done it in a car with any ammount of structural rigidity then he'd have had no problem. But seen as American cars are built to be big, ugly and loud whilst not really doing much else very well without extensive modification, he did.

Keep your mouth shut in future, because with every post you make it becomes more and more obvious you don't know what your talking about.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Id like to make note at this point that not one point of my argument was debated. Ill take that as me 1-0 Zombe.

For what its worth, I (very briefly) contemplated getting a 3000GT, the JDM equivalent of the Stealth. It weighs more than a Supra, has a LOT less power, and has four wheel steering. After test-driving 3 VR-Fours, I bought a 1600cc Mazda MX5. That really should tell you something.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

Meh this arguments run on a bit, i say get back on topic a bit :lol: thinking of going for broke whne i get my 2.0 again
thinking something liek this :twisted:

or possibly a turbo :D

Like the sound of a turbo spooling up plus like that kick when its spun up, but then again i do love the bark of a set of throttle bodies, plus would be nicer to drive ie the power would be there as soon as your floor it
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

steelsnake00 wrote:Is that 218 at the crank or wheels? I find it hard to believe either way. The Porsche has a much more efficiant drivetrain, ergo:
and...

You are pathetic.

Actually the Hennesey Viper makes over 1000hp and is road legel and the 2008 Viper has 600hp
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

But the Hennesy viper is not a production car.
shadow665
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by shadow665 »

the only way is to tell is google viper
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

viper16 wrote:Actually the Hennesey Viper makes over 1000hp and is road legel and the 2008 Viper has 600hp
Re-arrange the words.
Toss
I
Give
Don't.

Hennesey vipers seem to be about the only car you're capable of mentioning. Get over them, they're not that good. If I wanted something that was fast on a 1/4ml but shiznit around corners with bollocks reliablity and American looks I'd build a topfuel dragster.

RSZETEC- Is that an ITB conversion I see? You should be looking at 250bhp from a 2.0 N/A with a good one of those :D
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

ok this is stupid, i have driven a viper around turns and shiznit and i can tell you they handle ten times better than your giving them credit for and they are quicker than your giving them credit for. all of this american car bashing is getting on my nerves and it is getting really old.
i dont think you get that people over here dont give a flying firetruck about some little tiny engine making some high hp, we are concerned with big engines not small ones those are for the lawnmowers. i dont really like bmw's they seem to be in the shop alot and simple parts cost a damn fortune.
and just so you know i like my new nick :wink:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Who's generalizing now? :roll: I'm American - Guess what? I despise American made cars! Okay, I shouldn't say despise, but I certainly prefer most foreign cars over them, and for pretty much all the reasons steelsnake mentioned.

It's all relative; if you go from a Porsche to a Doge... well, you can't really compare the handling, can you? I'm all for speed, but I just don't see any point in having it if you can't have any fun with it. Why do you think I adore the MX-5 so much?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

the mx-5 is a fun little car, i own a car that also is around the same class as a mx-5. but saying american cars weigh as much as russia and handle like a house is ignorant stupidity. both the corvette and viper have skidpad ratings above 1 g which is pretty good.
and why do you like foreign made cars ? because they are small ? or are reliable ? last time i checked chevy was offering a 100,000 mile warranty what car company offers a warranty over 100,000 miles ? now really i dont like chevy im just using them as an example. dodge is pretty much the same i really only like the viper and their trucks.
to compare a viper ( older one since i havent driven a 08 ) to a porsche depends on which porsche. the best porsche i drove would have to be a carrera. it did handle well of course that was expected the steering also felt really light which can cause you to constantly adjust your track, the viper also handled very well not quite as good as the smaller porsche but the steering was definitely heavier and it felt better than the porsche because not every road imperfection was transmitted to me. both cars did very well around turns. on a turn where in my car i would do 50 mph and it felt like the tires were about to start skidding both cars did 65-70 around it no problem.
Last edited by darknight788 on 05 May 2007, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

darknight788 wrote:ok this is stupid, i have driven a viper around turns and shiznit and i can tell you they handle ten times better than your giving them credit for and they are quicker than your giving them credit for. all of this american car bashing is getting on my nerves and it is getting really old.
I drove on on a trackday about a year ago and it was a bag of doodle. Wallowy, understeery at low speeds, snappier than a rear-engnined 911, far too much bodyroll for an apparent supercar, a huge inabiliy to put it's power down on the road without just lighting up the rears. It was fun, for about 5 minutes, but got very boring very fast. Once the Americans build a car that doesn't just appeal to the monkey inside of people "oooh, look, it's got a big engine and makes lots of noise and goes quite well so long as you don't move the steering wheel" then I'll start having more respect for them.
darknight788 wrote:i dont think you get that people over here dont give a flying firetruck about some little tiny engine making some high hp, we are concerned with big engines not small ones those are for the lawnmowers. i dont really like bmw's they seem to be in the shop alot and simple parts cost a damn fortune.
Oh, and tuning a Viper isn't expensive? BMW upgrading is an expensive buisness because it's a niche market. This isn't wacking great big carbs on an old V8 to finally realise more than 400bhp, this is high-compession race engines, low-comp turbocharger and supercharger kits, flowmatched injectors, race-spec coilovers and lots of other expensive gear. The Yanks (intended to be a degoritary insult against people with this kind of attitude towards cars) are so stuck in their ways, so up their own bumbum and so overly patriotic they haven't realised that their car industry has been dead for decades, and is still churning out useless, overpriced, underproduced, unreliable, badly styled, wallowy, lardy pieces of crap. But hey, so long as the fat hicks who live in trailers with their mothers still buy them, it's all good.

In the big engine vs. small engine debate I'll always side with European manufacturers. The 80's and 90's finally put to bed the American car industry, with 190bhp 5.7's galore and cars that fell apart in a space of weeks. True, you've slipped out the odd cracking engine- the later LS1's for example are great, just not in any chassis built in the US. Even if you WERE good at building high-yield, large, high-hp engines (which you aren't, if I want V8 gruffness and some performance, I'll buy a Mercedes thanks), the chassis you dump them in are always uninspired, badly built, overly flexible yet somehow insanely heavy at the same time.

I'm not bashing US cars, I'm just making the point, based upon my experiences driving them, they they are about as engaging to drive as a bag of loose toenail clippings. If you somehow build something brilliant, I'll respect you, but until then you might as well just give up.
darknight788 wrote:and just so you know i like my new nick :wink:
Go and watch some NASCAR you dirty hick ;)
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

Yeah sure is, maybe not something quite as fancy as that tho(1500 just for the throttle bodies and managment)been told to use bike throttle bodies and an ecu called megasquirt if im on a budget. still thinking of the turbo altho thats a little more involved, id have to change the sensors from maf to map, id have to lower the compression (decomp plate which is a bodge or forged pistons which are 500 quid)and id have to redrill and tap some holes in the head for the rsturbo exhuast manifold :shock:

Return to “The Cars”