Toyota Celica T Sport

The forum to show off your ride - cars, motorbikes, trucks or other vehicles. Read the rules before posting your ride.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Re: Toyota Celica T Sport

Post by jacoja06 »

WOW, Stiggy, this build is completely amazing!! :D Very, very nice work... This has to be the best engine built thread for a Celica I've seen on the internet. You should buy a GoPro and upload some footage once you get it on the track.

Makes my engine rebuild on my 4th gen look like complete shiznit!

Glad you're keeping a relatively stock appearance also. The 7th gen Celica has a great design. When I had mine, I couldn't justify putting a TRD kit on it because I thought it looked quite a lot better stock. And it doesn't attract the rozzers. Those kits you posted look subtle... I like them.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

lol, wth is a rozzer? :P
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

I think its a term for the police
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

GT3x24x7 wrote:lol, wth is a rozzer? :P
obviously doesn't watch enough UK telly :roll:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

GT doesn't watch telly at all :P
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Not even Top Gear?? Shame!

TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Carcrazy wrote:F*** me, that's one heck of a torque line.
Yeah it's a very nice Torque curve, almost flat everywhere and it rises very fast.
Carcrazy wrote:Kudos to you and your buddy for starting a shop together. It takes a lot of gut and a lot of will to do something like that. =D>
Thanks, it is tricky because a lot of money has already been spend on it but even though it's still in it's early stages, we can't complain.
Carcrazy wrote:The car's looking spectacular as well. Can't wait to see the engine bay once you add the rest of your dress-up touches.
Thanks again, only a few small touches await the car dressup wise this season, like the black silicone hoses and replace the intake pipe with for a slightly shorter one so the air filter has a bit more room, and also since we have a catchcan we don't need the connection for the ventilation anymore that's on the pipe aswell, that will make it a bit nicer looking again.
jacoja06 wrote:WOW, Stiggy, this build is completely amazing!! :D Very, very nice work... This has to be the best engine built thread for a Celica I've seen on the internet. You should buy a GoPro and upload some footage once you get it on the track.
We have shot a few movies of the car driving and also on the Dyno, but haven't had time to edit them and upload them... :S
Hopefully the car will be doing some tracktime this season if we get some spare time.
jacoja06 wrote:Makes my engine rebuild on my 4th gen look like complete shiznit!
Wouldn't mind to see some of it, love the 4th Gen myself.
jacoja06 wrote:Glad you're keeping a relatively stock appearance also. The 7th gen Celica has a great design. When I had mine, I couldn't justify putting a TRD kit on it because I thought it looked quite a lot better stock. And it doesn't attract the rozzers. Those kits you posted look subtle... I like them.
Indeed agree on that it doesn't need much or anything at all to look nice.

Luckely we don't have to worry much about the Rozzers here :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Here are 2 movies of the car:

Short one where you can hear the charger pretty well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjPMcgF_H5k

And a bigger one from when it was on the Dyno:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMfUgHzlYiM
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

looking good. Got my hands on driving a car with a 2ZZ, not a celica but my buddies matrix XRS
Instagram @SupraHKS
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Thanks,
Sadly the later US cars with the 2ZZ in it where really restricted to be 50 state legal and where only producing like 160 HP or so, but shouldn't be to hard to get it back up to a higher performance level.

Well it's been a while since the last update and in that time we have done several things to the car and have more stuff ready to do to it.

First of all we got it some new wheels that it really needed because in winter it was running on winter tires and for then that was good enough but it had to much wheelspin even in cold dry days.
So for the spring we really needed some other wheels and tires.
We could get a set of basically brand new Enkei RPF1 17x8"wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE070 in 225 wide.
They where used for around 100 miles, no scratch on them and the tires still had some parts of the paint stripes on it.
We added a set of RAYS blue lugnuts

In short we could not ignore this set, so instead of the planned Work Wheels we now have are running Enkei rims.

The tires have a great amount of grip due to the soft compound and almost semi slick profile.
ImageImage

Other things we did this spring and summer:
- TRD Sports-M gauge cluster (with centre tach)
- TRD Sports fuel lid
- Blitz Racing Meter SD oil temp meter build in dahsboard (no good picture)
ImageImage

2.5" custom stainless midsection with high flow Catalytic converter so now the whole exhaust from the cat to back is 2.5", before the cat just after the headers it's 3" till the cat, we also had the silencer in the mid section removed.
it now should flow a bit better because the original system was 2.25" and the backbox was 2.5", it sounds a bit deeper but no really loud or anything so we are very happy about that.

Stuff we already have for the car but didn't have time to install:
- Quantum racing fully adjustable coiloverset
- Rotora big brake kit front (with 4 pot calipers) front
- Denso 440cc Injector
- MWR 190 lph fuelpump
- C-One Strutbar
- Koyorad radiator (one of first things that need to be done since the original is leaking :()

And we just ordered some black silicone hoses for the intercoolerpiping.

So still plenty to do this season :)

Return to “Your Rides”