Zero260's '93 Honda Prelude Si (BB2)

The forum to show off your ride - cars, motorbikes, trucks or other vehicles. Read the rules before posting your ride.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Zero260's '93 Honda Prelude Si (BB2)

Post by Zero260 »

Here's my car for the past 3+ years. And it's surprising/disappointing knowing how little has been done all these years. My goal is to change this, and creating this thread may create some motivation.

Image Image Image Image
Yeah, the paints pealing and she's got some boo-boos, but I still love her.

The BB2 comes with an H23A1 which is basically an increased-stroke, non-VTEC version of the H22A.
2.3 liter, DOHC in-line 4 cylinder, 160hp, and 163 ft-lbs of torque.

I'm running a badass knockoff ram-air intake, knockoff lowering springs, genuine JDM headlights, a front-upper strut bar (pointless), a comfy Momo shift knob, and that's about it (pathetic, eh?). There's large list of replacement parts including a radiator, various hoses, valve cover gasket, IACV, a few suspension parts, some part near the oil filter, spark plugs, wires, timing belt, etc. It's become a bit of a blur. But she's been running strong for about a year now with no problems! Knock on wood.

Image Image Image Image
Chips, scratches, zip ties, and Sirius XM. Mmm.

I'm trying to be somewhat realistic with my future plans since dropping a turbo H22A seems a bit out of reach. Here's my plan for a conservative, NA set-up:

Engine
* AEM V2 intake
* DC Sports headers
* Greddy EVO cat-back

Suspension
* Ground Control coilovers with Koni Yellow shocks

Aesthetics
* Milano Red or black paint
* Spoon style front lip
* 5th gen Accord side skirts and rear lip
* OEM carbon fiber hood
* JDM side markers and window visors
* Gunmetal or Sports Bronze Rota Circuit 8s

Misc.
* Forbidden Motorsports short shifter

Image Image Image Image
Gotta promote one of my favorite websites to all my passengers. :)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Zero260's '93 Honda Prelude Si (BB2)

Post by boganbusman »

omfg how did you get a Speedhunters sticker? Send some to me :P
Suspension
This. Excellent idea, but are you sure that you want to blow money on a Prelude? I would be saving up for a Civic or CRX if you want to go fast (around corners).

Anyway, I like it when people look after their car. Good stuff
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

GC make some fantastic stuff, but why change the coil-over shocks? Do you mean springs? Or do GC use Koni shocks? I know they use Bilsen on BMW's.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Ya he's talking about the GC coilover sleeves, which is just to replace the spring.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Ahh, so not coilovers, as in proper, fully adjustable coilovers?
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Correct. The GC sleeves have an adjustable spring perch so you can lower/raise the height but that's it. Koni Yelllows have adjustable rebound though, so the end result will be almost the same thing as a full coilover unit.

At least it's a thousand times better than the crap you can buy on eBay.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Yes. It's a somewhat affordable alternative to fully adjustable coilovers, and I've heard nothing but good things about the result.
boganbusman wrote:omfg how did you get a Speedhunters sticker? Send some to me :P
Do you remember when Speedhunters had a "contest" for the first ~15 people to follow their Twitter account and the winners got a free EatSleepRace/Speedhunters shirt? Well I was a winner! I had to sign up for Twatter, but it was worth it. Anyway, they sent a sticker with the shirt. :)

I'd like to score some more... If I manage to find Mike or Lin at Formula D, I'll try to get some.
boganbusman wrote:
Suspension
This. Excellent idea, but are you sure that you want to blow money on a Prelude? I would be saving up for a Civic or CRX if you want to go fast (around corners).
Lol, I'm not sure, which is part of the reason I haven't. And if I do end up getting something else, it would most likely not be a Civic or CRX. I love Hondas, and you're right, it would be more effective. But there's so many of those God damn things buzzing around here. It's the same reason I haven't tried to get a 240. Sure it's effective, but it seems sort of boring.

I have a tendency to contradict myself, so don't be surprised if you catch me posting a 240 in a couple months. :P
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I've always been a fan of Preludes, honestly. It would be perfect in red. ^^

Return to “Your Rides”