Need For Speed Undercover

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
Silver Quantum
Ricer
Ricer

Need For Speed Undercover

Post by Silver Quantum »

it seems like the next need for speed will be called undercover http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/r ... ver-studio
what do you think? here are the possible scenarios. 1: you will meet up with mia who was also an undercover cop in mw and something will happen to her and you will have to infiltrate in a racing community that had to do something with her dissapearance. 2nd scenario: you will be caught by the police somehow and to avoid jail you will be asked to go undercover in a racing community since you are known for your racing skills
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Re: need for speed: undercover

Post by RedCarDriver »

Hmm... It could be pretty cool. I'm still hoping for more of regular racing than a police-based storyline, but more in the style of Underground. (That way, more manufacturers are likely to allow their cars to be put in the game.)
Silver Quantum
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Silver Quantum »

you are hoping for nothing. the title obviously suggests there will be police in the game
uboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by uboy »

Silver Quantum wrote:you are hoping for nothing. the title obviously suggests there will be police in the game
Don't think ya can suggest it directly with the title itself #-o ....earlier in underground .. no cops were there.
But EA must have thought of them again 'coz they didn't put them in ProStreet too.
Anyway, nice to see if cops back again, like in MW, one of the best games..

Regards =P~
--- uboy ---
Silver Quantum
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Silver Quantum »

oh man it's obvious that the title suggests the presence of cops in the game. undercover-cop? duh? there is no way the game is called undercover without cops being in the game. it makes absolutely no sense. and the producers of pro street were also dissapointed by the game realizing they drifted too far away from the original need for speed forumula. an since most of the people want the illegal street racing/cops formula in the game that's how they thought that undercover should be. but hey! for those who are dissapointed about the yearly released nfs game.... after undercover every nfs game will be released once every 2 years. it's all in the article above
uboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by uboy »

Fine mate...waiting for illicit racing with the cops back in action.
=D>
--- uboy ---
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Finally some new info.
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

Fund this at gamespot:
EA's presence at the William Blair & Company Growth Stock Conference in Chicago has yielded more than a few sparkly gems of information concerning the publisher's upcoming lineup. One such bauble was a narrowed release window to Q1 2009 for BioWare's Dragon Age and Pandemic Studios' Saboteur. Another concerns the follow-up to 2006's Godfather, which will apparently feature a top-down strategy mode.

Yet one more gem concerns details of the next installment in the publisher's street-racing franchise Need for Speed. During a Q&A session with investors, EA CEO John Riccitiello said Need for Speed Undercover would roll out later this year.

Riccitiello, who in the past has expressed desire to vastly improve aggregate Metacritic scores across EA's board, first lamented the final outcome of last year's modestly received Need for Speed ProStreet. "I was pretty disappointed with Need for Speed last year," commented Riccitiello. "I thought it was OK game in terms of gameplay, if not good. But, who wanted ProStreet? It was this sort of made up, put numbers on the side of your car, and pretend to drive your Ferrari where, or your Porsche where?"

The outspoken CEO then laid out what EA plans to do to improve the Need for Speed franchise as its Vancouver studio gears up for Undercover. "This year, we are [making] Need for Speed Undercover, with a very strong mission structure along the lines of, I don't know if any of you saw movies like The Transporter," said Riccitiello, referring to the 2002 Corey Yeun-directed, Jason Statham-starring action film.

Expounding on how modeling a game after a low-rent film could ever be considered a good idea, Riccitiello said, "We resurrected the game when we brought out Most Wanted and then Undergound--the sort of chase and be chased, and the whole underground ethos of street racing at 3:00 in the morning...Now we're coming back with a strong narrative hook, and I feel really good about the title."

Riccitiello also noted that the Vancouver team developing the Need for Speed franchise has been both expanded and split into two. As an outcome of the move, Need for Speed titles will now be on a 24-month development cycle, as opposed to 12 months, since two independent teams will work on alternating installments.

"We were torturing a very talented group of people up in Vancouver, which makes it harder to be as innovative every year," commented Riccitiello. "I'm confident that Undercover is a much better game than ProStreet, and I expect that from this point forward that we'll do a lot better."

Riccitiello gave no indication of platforms or release dates for Undercover. However, previous installments have typically released mid-November on all relevant platforms.
Nothing realy new though
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

What concerns me at the moment is the absolutely stupid, boring name they came up with....

Seriously, Undercover? That screams "yep, we have lost all imagination..."
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

You all have a strong habit of putting a game down without playing it. Who knows, it could be one of the best NFSs.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I'm not saying its a bad game, its just the name that really bugs me.
most wanted89
Stock
Stock

Post by most wanted89 »

when ..when is it coming outtttttttttttttttttttttt .name is ok i just wish to god its like most wanted
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Monster847
Stock
Stock

Re: Need For Speed Undercover

Post by Monster847 »

I do not think that EA will auctually use Transporter clips although i think they have used the idea of The transporter.
I feel that that would be very bad! But take this into consideration: u get paid for transporting stuff from one location to another. In order to advance your career u have to do a qualifing race like in Fast and the Furious 2. So yes the cops will be on u for speeding and/or someone rattin u out.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

I am very dissapointed that we have been given so little information yet it is over halfway through the year and we have barely even an official trailer. come on, show us more. a normal game would have been announced a while ago and have shown several screenshots by now.
cybercrash
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cybercrash »

just need to know that there is
Free Roam
Police
drift
storyline
awesome
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I know what Police and free roam is, but have no clue what Awsome is.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

TheStig wrote:I know what Police and free roam is, but have no clue what Awsome is.
LOL

He was refering that his ideas were awesome.

Shouldn't be this closed anyways? or this is the official?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Oh my gosh! Someone out there has found and released the official car list for undercover! its amazing! They even have a few ferraris this time around-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Fishwhiz wrote:Oh my gosh! Someone out there has found and released the official car list for undercover! its amazing! They even have a few ferraris this time around-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
This should be edited.

DO NOT ENTER! The only it shows is Rick Roll singing!

Shame on you fishwiz... [-X I summon Skyline, Stiggy or Bojan here.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

you ruined it xturbo. people aren't suppose to know that.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

What do you need Skyline, Stiggy or Bojan for?
lol wut
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

So they can conjure up a plan to assasinate Fishwiz :mrgreen:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Pabl0z wrote:What do you need Skyline, Stiggy or Bojan for?
To edit fishwiz's post and remove that ultra-mega offtopic post with spam lol

..or you can do it :wink:
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Meh... You just got rickrolled, get over it ;).
And besides you should summon me because I'm kinda the dedicated forum-mod :D.
lol wut

Return to “Undercover”