Need For Speed Undercover

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Need For Speed Undercover

Post by SLJ »

thnx for the info. btw 1 more question when i was racing half way the game suddenly drops the frame rate to like nearly 1 fps? and solution to that? and also i nw noe why does people usually take hours to customize their car in undercover. it is because the stupid autosculpt bar (when increasing more or less) the bar takes it own sweet time while not like in carbon or even prostreet.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

SLJ wrote:thnx for the info. btw 1 more question when i was racing half way the game suddenly drops the frame rate to like nearly 1 fps? and solution to that?
Typical Undercover glitch, cannot be fixed for now.

Is there any progress on the patch?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

SLJ wrote:thnx for the info. btw 1 more question when i was racing half way the game suddenly drops the frame rate to like nearly 1 fps? and solution to that? and also i nw noe why does people usually take hours to customize their car in undercover. it is because the stupid autosculpt bar (when increasing more or less) the bar takes it own sweet time while not like in carbon or even prostreet.
System Specs?

I don't get those problems at all... autosculpt is near instant (although crashy), and framerate rarely dips below 25 FPS on max. Uber rig maybe? No! It's actually made of the worst parts you can go out an buy today.

Mobo - Cheap, not even P series.
RAM- 2GB DDR667 Generic
CPU- E2180 (2x2ghz)
GFX- 9600GT (this is the only "good" bit of the system)
Price: 400 or less maybe if u use your current HDDs and OS and Case etc.

I also run firefox using 100mb of my RAM, my HDDs are fragmented,. and the master one is 5 years old and IDE, + messenger, + another screen, + windows media player running, + Mcafee enterprise max protection AV (auto scan), and these settings are 1920x1080 all maxxed including AA.

The game is not demanding unless you try to run it on a 6 year old PC. The worst new PCs will do just fine.

So why does it dip to 1 FPS? What FPS do u get before? Settings? System? Background tasks? Viruses? Spyware? Have you been naughty on the PC and picked up something? because if it's better than my "damn, my rig blew... I got no cash, what do I do?" PC, then it's under performing. If not, then don't be so ambitious with your settings, check Temperatures etc and give your PC a bit of a break.

I know you guys love EA bashing, but that's of no use. It's not a typical Undercover glitch for me.
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

baumaxx1 wrote:
SLJ wrote:thnx for the info. btw 1 more question when i was racing half way the game suddenly drops the frame rate to like nearly 1 fps? and solution to that? and also i nw noe why does people usually take hours to customize their car in undercover. it is because the stupid autosculpt bar (when increasing more or less) the bar takes it own sweet time while not like in carbon or even prostreet.
System Specs?

I don't get those problems at all... autosculpt is near instant (although crashy), and framerate rarely dips below 25 FPS on max. Uber rig maybe? No! It's actually made of the worst parts you can go out an buy today.

Mobo - Cheap, not even P series.
RAM- 2GB DDR667 Generic
CPU- E2180 (2x2ghz)
GFX- 9600GT (this is the only "good" bit of the system)
Price: 400 or less maybe if u use your current HDDs and OS and Case etc.

I also run firefox using 100mb of my RAM, my HDDs are fragmented,. and the master one is 5 years old and IDE, + messenger, + another screen, + windows media player running, + Mcafee enterprise max protection AV (auto scan), and these settings are 1920x1080 all maxxed including AA.

The game is not demanding unless you try to run it on a 6 year old PC. The worst new PCs will do just fine.

So why does it dip to 1 FPS? What FPS do u get before? Settings? System? Background tasks? Viruses? Spyware? Have you been naughty on the PC and picked up something? because if it's better than my "damn, my rig blew... I got no cash, what do I do?" PC, then it's under performing. If not, then don't be so ambitious with your settings, check Temperatures etc and give your PC a bit of a break.

I know you guys love EA bashing, but that's of no use. It's not a typical Undercover glitch for me.
i just got a new pc i was like not used to the autosculpt thingy but the bar when i press the left arrow it take like nearly a few minutes to reach to 100. while in carbon or prostreet is much faster. my frame speed was not 1 fps i was just giving a estimated fps because it was like the car move like a bit than pause than move than pause and so on. i not sure about hw about others but i think i going back to prostreet until they release the patch first.

1 more thing i quoted this from the needforspeed offical site when they said merry christmas and happy new year.

'The game team are taking a well-deserved break but will be back in the office next year to continue their effort on the Need for Speed series, working hard to bring you the best gaming experience.'

does it mean that they are not going to do the patch until next year?
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

does any1 hv any problem with the frame rate at the last pursuit' showdown'? it seems that mine has been dropping the frame rate ridiculously. i retired twice and it still has the same problem. Any solution?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

SLJ wrote:does any1 hv any problem with the frame rate at the last pursuit' showdown'? it seems that mine has been dropping the frame rate ridiculously. i retired twice and it still has the same problem. Any solution?
I don't know why so many people have problems with running NFS: UC. I mean, I am playing the game on a laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD3570 and it runs flawlessly (with an occasional hiccup) with all the settings maxxed except with shadows off and no AA at a resolution of 1280x720 (720p HD). That's pretty damn good considering I have to turn to medium or even low settings for other new games to be able to play them.

The only suggestion I can make is just update your driver to the latest version. Even I'm using modded ATI desktop drivers for my laptop card.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news...

Before Christmas we confirmed the team were hard at work on a patch for Need for Speed Undercover. The game team have been nose to the grindstone since then getting the patch ready and hope to be releasing it soon. As we prepare for the release I spoke with Scott and he kindly offered to sit down with me next week and answer any questions the gamers have about it.

So, if you've got any questions you'd like to ask Scott about the content of the latest patch or the plans for supporting Undercover during the year, send them to me. I'll be quizzing Scott soon so make sure you've got the questions to me in the next couple of days and I'll ask the best ten or so questions we receive.

andrew@needforspeed.com

Source: http://www.needforspeed.com/portal/site ... US&lang=en
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

That's great to hear. Can't wait until the patch is done.

Wait a minute... nose to the grindstone? Don't tell me EA are rushing it again!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

If your definition of 'soon' is rush, then yes, they are rushing. :P
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Your Patch and DLC Questions Answered
http://www.needforspeed.com/portal/site ... 0d2c0aRCRD
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I don't get the framerate issues... I max it on a 9600GT and e2180... a recipie for mediocrity.... and low end lameness if it wasn't for the GFX.
240sxlover
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: need for speed: undercover

Post by 240sxlover »

EvoMaster wrote:Fund this at gamespot:
EA's presence at the William Blair & Company Growth Stock Conference in Chicago has yielded more than a few sparkly gems of information concerning the publisher's upcoming lineup. One such bauble was a narrowed release window to Q1 2009 for BioWare's Dragon Age and Pandemic Studios' Saboteur. Another concerns the follow-up to 2006's Godfather, which will apparently feature a top-down strategy mode.

Yet one more gem concerns details of the next installment in the publisher's street-racing franchise Need for Speed. During a Q&A session with investors, EA CEO John Riccitiello said Need for Speed Undercover would roll out later this year.

Riccitiello, who in the past has expressed desire to vastly improve aggregate Metacritic scores across EA's board, first lamented the final outcome of last year's modestly received Need for Speed ProStreet. "I was pretty disappointed with Need for Speed last year," commented Riccitiello. "I thought it was OK game in terms of gameplay, if not good. But, who wanted ProStreet? It was this sort of made up, put numbers on the side of your car, and pretend to drive your Ferrari where, or your Porsche where?"

The outspoken CEO then laid out what EA plans to do to improve the Need for Speed franchise as its Vancouver studio gears up for Undercover. "This year, we are [making] Need for Speed Undercover, with a very strong mission structure along the lines of, I don't know if any of you saw movies like The Transporter," said Riccitiello, referring to the 2002 Corey Yeun-directed, Jason Statham-starring action film.

Expounding on how modeling a game after a low-rent film could ever be considered a good idea, Riccitiello said, "We resurrected the game when we brought out Most Wanted and then Undergound--the sort of chase and be chased, and the whole underground ethos of street racing at 3:00 in the morning...Now we're coming back with a strong narrative hook, and I feel really good about the title."

Riccitiello also noted that the Vancouver team developing the Need for Speed franchise has been both expanded and split into two. As an outcome of the move, Need for Speed titles will now be on a 24-month development cycle, as opposed to 12 months, since two independent teams will work on alternating installments.

"We were torturing a very talented group of people up in Vancouver, which makes it harder to be as innovative every year," commented Riccitiello. "I'm confident that Undercover is a much better game than ProStreet, and I expect that from this point forward that we'll do a lot better."

Riccitiello gave no indication of platforms or release dates for Undercover. However, previous installments have typically released mid-November on all relevant platforms.
Nothing realy new though

yep
maintanosgr
Stock
Stock

Post by maintanosgr »

Sad...Just sad. Just a great disappointment nearly immediately after getting it. :(
I thought catch up wouldn't be so much of a nuissance but it's utterly frustrating after all. There seems to be no limit to how faster they will go from domination times or at least how fast they will run. After patching my framerate issues are gone and it's going pretty smoothly but still I'm practically one step from uninstalling because of catch up.
I get the feeling that after the patch they even forget to hit the brakes until they get the same lead that you had before they started speeding up.
I tried to test it with a fast car on a new game but the result was unbelievable... I lost for 0.6 seconds whilst i was 37seconds under domination time and i had a lead of 17 seconds until near 85% of the race. Top speed recorded was 447km/h as well.
They seem to cool down though if you finish one race really really slowly, then play it again and keep braking to stay near the leader for around 80% of the race and then throw all you got :)
I feel they're trying to implement stupid tactics like in strategy and manager games... "Don't bother improving the AI, just overbuff it".
To be honest I think catch up is only useful as an option for 2player races just to make it interesting if your opponent isn't as good as you.
Oh well another fail for EA and WTB Catchup Removal Tool :P
topsy kret1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by topsy kret1 »

then why not get a better PC or a new console all together?

(don't tell me it's too expensive 'cause i know they're not cheap.)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

topsy kret1 wrote:(don't tell me it's too expensive 'cause i know they're not cheap.)
Money doesn't drop just from the sky.. Some people actually have to work for it in case you're not aware.
topsy kret1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by topsy kret1 »

don't worry, i know. i go to work like every other "average joe". if you look at my profile, you'll notice where i work.
skyline95
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by skyline95 »

This is a reply I got from EA Support...

"This game is not supported on the 64bit format as it was never tested"
-Charles N
EA Online Support

WHO DOESN'T TEST GAMES ON 64BIT SYSTEMS? IT'S NOT LIKE THAT 64BIT SYSTEMS ARE SOMETHING NEW!

They're really starting to weewee me off...
And the only fix for the Autosculpt crash that I found in forums after reading a few hours is the patch... Nothing more, nothing less...
Keep Your Eyes Open, And Your Foot Down!

Return to “Undercover”