Your views of NFS UNDERCOVER

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Your views of NFS UNDERCOVER

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

So far, lol I haven't progressed much I have never gotten over Heat Level 2. Which makes the cops really easy, although they can be annoying if there are two or three.

I also like the open-world environment in Undercover because of two things: Speed 'n' stunts. If you have a well upgraded car, you can speed along in the city and with construction sights, ramps, etc. you can do some nice stunts. Plus one thing I like about the ramp stunts is that once you land, sparks come out from your wheels making a nice effect.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

t3ice wrote:
Carcrazy wrote:Is there a way to hack a car back from lockup?

I want my Evo so much... :cry: :cry: :cry:

It was so pretty... and I wouldn't mind buying a new one except I spent around an hour working paint alone. =(
Man, you must have been screwing around with the cops a bit too much if you got your car locked up :lol:

During my entire play i never got arrested once...and now i think ive missed some 'busted' animations :?
Lol, if I'm lucky, I may go five minutes without starting another one. The other thing that gets me, is there's always ONE cop that I don't take out... :?

I started a new save game to try and work on, ever since I started it I've been pissed about my car... in under an hour I had taken out over 50 cops... Hell, it wasn't even pursuit breakers anymore; I would just keep doing 180's on the same road and ram them head on. Sh*t, it works though... :lol:
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Lol, i was on the opposite end...i used to loose the cops almost instantly. Thats y i mostly tried escape challenges. I found the bounty and cop take out notoriously tough, because once completing the objective, it was hard to evade the cops in dominating time . :)
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

As usual, higher bounty challenges are tough. :P
mrk252
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mrk252 »

I had a weird glitch, I just bought a Carrera and then took it for a test drive, then a cop saw me and bang instantly had SUVs all over me. Weird, not? I just bought the car and it was heat 1.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Maybe the further you go into your career, the more notorious you will be and therefore the heat levels drastically change...

Just a theory.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

sometimes i think the police follow what car you drive...
like if you drive a faster car, they send in GT-Rs and Porsches and SUVs... if you drive a slower car, they send in sedans and "mustang-like" sportscar... but then again, they all seem so random too...

one thing i hate is helicopters >.> usually i can throw the cops away early enough but the heli's still there and call in more... and THEN it leaves... but when it left... there are already a TON more ground units around me which takes a LOT longer to lose them...
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Well NFS Undercover is a mediocre car/racing game, love the open world but i think the game would be a lot more fun if they removed the catchup system and speed breaker. Then had a more realistic speed and driving feeling so it is your driving skill that determent if you will win or lose a race, not some crappy catchup and speed breaker system. I also miss the safe house and car dealer ship stores that you could drive to, like it is now it's not good at all.

NFS Undercover is worse then MW that i think is the best NFS game so far, but it is way better then Carbon and Pro Street...6 of 10 it gets from me.
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Argh, EA, why do you have to do this? 13th time must be the charm! [-o<
korge wrote:
Nitrodemon McLaren wrote: For me it hasn't frozen more than two or three times in a race... so far.
WOWZORS That is pretty impressive... :P great advances in gaming technology.
I don't know why but I laughed at this for like 5 minutes. Thanks for that.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

mean2u wrote:Argh, EA, why do you have to do this? 13th time must be the charm! [-o<
At least we hope so... at least Undercover's better than ProStreet though.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I had to low the graphics till I had decent framerates

Still waiting for the "patch" that's coming for Undercover...IF there's one

[-o<
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

LOL!!!! :lol:
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

First thing that happened when I started Undercover was it downloaded a patch...
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

I was given some tips on how to hopefully fix my freezing problems in Undercover... lower resolution, slightly lower visual settings, see if there are any programs that may interfere with Undercover...

And hopefully, wait until EA releases a patch.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Bojan wrote:First thing that happened when I started Undercover was it downloaded a patch...
:shock: ?

The only thing I know about a "patch" is that there was one that enables undercover to run on Vista x64 platforms. But apart from that, I dont know.
The M
Stock
Stock

Post by The M »

Dear God...This game is EXTREMELY HORRIBLE! #-o

1. The first thing i thought in the beginning (first pursuit, driving a green Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640) was: "Man, did i play it in PS1 (mine was PS2)?! Or it was my eyes mistaken?!" Seriously, the coloring doesn't even better than Need For Speed Pro Street. But at the end, everything (coloring things and graphics) goes better (still ain't even better than it's prequel, Need For Speed Pro Street). The gauges. Why should they remove RPM indication numbers which is usually appear with the gauges. Please just let us know the real power of the car through seeing how best their ability to accelerate.

2. The next thing i thought when i was in free roam mode was: "Well, Welcome back to the Rockport." For you that haven't realize it yet, i suggest you to take a real closest look to the city map layout. Yes it is, you're back in the Rockport city. Different map layout and world "decoration" may deceive your eyes. If i can only bind the sentences together into words, then i would say, umm: Need For Speed Undercover is all about rolling up in a Rockport City (also in the same daylight time) with a Need For Speed Carbon's graphic.

3. Other things i thought while i'm playing career mode was: "Man, where the hell did the story was really going to?" The storyline wasn't clear enough for me to see where the story really goes. Still, i have to admit the combination of 3D and real-life imaging in the cutscene was awesome.

4. Cars...cars...CARS! Need For Speed Undercover cars supply in the car lot doesn't seems to be as much as it's prequels. Well, it might provide faster cars such as Pagani Zonda F, Koenigsegg CCX, etc. but hey, what was that for if we cannot customize any aspects of the car itself, right? I mean, oh come on, rolling on a stock spec. cars won't be fun enough, Man! The car tier system doesn't exist again in this game, so did the car classes (Tuners, Muscles, Exotics). Mmm, if i've not been mistaken, i saw Mitsubishi Lancer RS (or maybe GSR, i don't really know) Evolution X and Nissan GT-R in the game trailer, but where did they in career mode?

5. Other wrong things that i've noticed:
a. It's funny for me to see the city and the highway was clear from the tollbooths but when i run a tollbooth race, then the booths is on their places! what a funny fact! If they did mean to keep the tollbooth races in this game, well, at least let the booths still on their places.
b. When i hit the spike strips, Man, i still can run over 200 Km/h! What a....umm, i'm outta words to tell how worse it was. But for you who don't like pursuits really much, then trust me, it'll help. :D
c. Well, i don't really understand of "How the pursuits system" goes on in this game. If we look back in Need For Speed Most Wanted, it have a clear pursuits system. What i mean was:
- Condition 1= Civic Cruisers
- Condition 2= Civic Cruisers evaded, pursuit taken over by Civic Undercovers, roadblocks started to appear sometimes
- Condition 3= Civic Undercovers evaded, pursuit taken over by State's GTOs, roadblocks intensity goes often, SUV light joining the pursuit
- Condition 4= State's GTO's evaded, pursuit taken over by State's GTO Undercovers, roadblocks often appear, spike strips started to appear, SUV Light evaded (taken over by SUV Heavy), chopper started to involve, Sergeant Cross started to appear sometimes
- Condition 5= State's GTO Undercovers evaded, pursuit taken over by Federal Corvette C6.Rs, (spike strips) roadblocks often appear, SUV Heavy getting more involve, chopper getting more involve, Sergeant Cross joining the pursuit
- Condition 6= Federal Corvette C6.Rs evaded, pursuit taken over by Federal Corvette C6.R Undercovers, (spike strips) roadblocks often appear, SUV Heavy getting aggressive (not only ramming but also chasing), chopper getting aggressive (not only producing dust that disabled us to see roadblocks ahead but also ramming), 1% chance of escaping the pursuit (through the under construction bridge)
- Condition 7= "SUV Heavy only" pursuit (We're driving a Chevrolet Camaro SS in a hidden Challenge Series)

Now, compare with the pursuits that happen in Tri City, you'll understand what i mean. Still, i admit that Ford Mustang GT, Lamborghini Gallardo, Porsche 911 Turbo as a cop cars, it's cool.

Well, i think that's all that i can post for tonight. If there's anything left then i will add them anytime. And if there's anything wrong, i'm asking for an apologize because everything i posted like abovementioned is opinion/critics purpose only, i doesn't mean to offend anyone in this. Anyway i'm new in this forum so, hi everybody. Nice to know you.
Naito
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Naito »

Hello, All!!!

Here is my list of Pros and Cons of Undercover.

Pros.

1. Graphics on Xbox 360 seem decent, although it does get choppy with the frame rates at some points.
2. Return of free roam and a large city.
3. Decent car list.
4. The new paint system offers a lot more colours to choose from.
5. Autosculpt on any rims (same as ProStreet).
6. Highway battles.
7. Drift on corners, although needs improvement.
8. The storyline wasn't too bad.

Cons.

1. Lots of glitches.
2. Choppy frame rate sometimes.
3. Limited number of mostly boring body kits - I usually find myself Autoscuplting the stock body kits due to the utter 'crapness' of the aftermarket kits.
4. Free roam - You can't explore the huge city without grabbing the attention of the cops. Why can't there be an option for no cops in free roam, because there is nothing more annoying than trying to cruise around in your new ride and then being spotted by the abnormally large swarm of cops that spawn around you.
5. The limited customization of cars.
6. Driving physics is very odd.
7. Cop system is a mess.

What I would like to see in the next Need for Speed installment.

1. Bring back some of the customization options from NFSU2, such as, more body kits, neons, stereo systems, more hoods, head and tail lights, etc. Please no hydraulics though. Once it's in the game, why take it out of the sequels?

2. What ever happened to SUV's? Racing them wasn't that fun, but I have always wanted to smash through a road block at 250KMph in a Escalade and watch the cops fly!!!

3. Day - Night cycles. Maybe even include a real time cycle that matches the games time of day with your current timezone or at least an option to change race time. Neons could be turned on and off accordingly.

4. Realistic weather. Imagine racing at extreme speeds and watching a storm front roll in on the horizon - awesome. It could also affect game play. For example, rain will make your car slide more.

5. Bring back drift and drag! Drifting in NFS Carbon was alright. ProStreet was better, but the tracks were always too short, I found. I have no doubt EA could sort something out to make drift better. What ever happened to drag racing? Drag racing should be in NFS, especially since it is a street racing inspired game. It only makes sense to include one of the most used race types in street racing.

6. Track design must be improved. I was impressed with NFS Underground's, NFS Underground 2's, and NFS Most Wanted's (NFS Carbon's was good, but not great) track design. The diversity and the scenery was great. NFS Undercover was disappointing.

7. Get rid of NFS Undercover's driving engine or at least improve it. What ever happened to braking around corners?

8. Bring back the magazines! Whats better than seeing you fully tricked out ride on front of a magazine, even if it is only a virtual one. It would be a great way to gain reputation and show the opposition that you and your ride mean business. It will make great use of the extra customization options, such as neons and stereo systems.

9. Use a improvement of the cop system out of NFS Most Wanted, I found it was great. NFS Undercover's one was just crap.

10. Use huge opened world map with diversity in its scenery and landscape. And please, make an option to turn cops on and off in free roam. There is nothing worse than getting a swarm of cops on your tail after trying to stretch your new cars legs.

11. A intense, well thought up storyline that leaves you sitting on the edge of your seat.

12. Maybe add a new race mode that allows you to be the cop. What about a free roam based one where you can cruise around the city, catching as many street racers you can find. They could add a time limit to really get you biting your nails.

Anyway these are just my thoughts/opinions and I do not mean to bash anyone.

Please EA, don't disappoint us again!!!

-Naito.
Last edited by Naito on 25 Nov 2008, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Naito wrote: Please EA, don't disappoint us again!!!

-Naito.
That sums up the past 4 years of the general NFS discussion here at NfsUnlimited.net.
korge
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

korge wrote:

-Naito.
That sums up the past 4 years of the general NFS discussion here at NfsUnlimited.net.
Um... past 2 years.

Underground 2 and Most Wanted were positive, MW especially.
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gavh2 »

I'm loving Undercover. Heh, I reckon I was the first South African to buy the game :D Got a copy before the shop enen had time to pack it onto the shelves! :)

I'm now at wingman level 14 so I've unlocked everything, I think. After reading all the reviews on the game I was disappointed! But after playing the game I'm well pleased. Yes it does has it's downfalls (frame rate issue at times etc) but the game is solid if you ask me. I love the heroic driving engine, it makes the physics of the game so much fun. Sound is great, graphics are very nice except for the frame rate issue.

Ive b1tched and moaned about the way the NFS series has been going but for me this is the first time since HP2 that I feel the series is heading back to what it was. If you ask me NFS was/is about blasting down the road in exotic cars (well these days you don't need to drive a Ferrari to do the quater quickly :D) in exotic locations (and being chased by the cops, NFS 1 ahem). Ok the locations aren't very exotic in Undercover but they are back to being more realistic. The tracks in NFS 2 really made the driving experience epic back then. Talk of Underground 3?
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Gavh2 wrote:I'm loving Undercover. Heh, I reckon I was the first South African to buy the game :D Got a copy before the shop enen had time to pack it onto the shelves! :)

I'm now at wingman level 14 so I've unlocked everything, I think. After reading all the reviews on the game I was disappointed! But after playing the game I'm well pleased. Yes it does has it's downfalls (frame rate issue at times etc) but the game is solid if you ask me. I love the heroic driving engine, it makes the physics of the game so much fun. Sound is great, graphics are very nice except for the frame rate issue.

Ive b1tched and moaned about the way the NFS series has been going but for me this is the first time since HP2 that I feel the series is heading back to what it was. If you ask me NFS was/is about blasting down the road in exotic cars (well these days you don't need to drive a Ferrari to do the quater quickly :D) in exotic locations (and being chased by the cops, NFS 1 ahem). Ok the locations aren't very exotic in Undercover but they are back to being more realistic. The tracks in NFS 2 really made the driving experience epic back then. Talk of Underground 3?
Hurray, another person who gives a positive comment! Although I wouldn't say the graphics really great, they're good... acceptable. But the open-world environment, feel of speed, stunts, nice choice of cars, Highway Battles and Escape challenges are great.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I finally got my hands on the game and after playing for about 5 hours, I like it a lot.
Feels really fast, Lotus Elise is extremely fun to drive, highway battles are cool, but one thing I'm really liking is the wheelman points and the multiplier. The game actually wants you to drive as dangerously as possible so for me doing the sprints, checpoints or highway battle is not just about staying in front, but doing as many clear sections as possible and driving as close to traffic cars as possible. Doing that will also progress your career very fast. Do a few highway battles and just cruise around on the highway for a while and your rep will go sky high.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Bojans review sounds quite good. :)
Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:
korge wrote:

-Naito.
Um... past 2 years.

Underground 2 and Most Wanted were positive, MW especially.
Most wanted's final release date was 2005. Cant count?
korge
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Haha.

And at least I know I'm not the only one who doesn't think it's a bad game. it's no Most Wanted, but it's definitely not bad.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

OK, anyone else have this?

Game was running fine, odd choppiness now and again, but perfectly drivable. However, every time I try to play now, the game is unplayable, jerking and juddering all the time, taking about 2-3 minutes to load a race, even if I shutdown the PC, reboot and kill off all background apps?

I've dropped the res and all settings down to absolute minimum. My PC is well above minimum specs - as I said, it was working fine(ish), now it's like driving a Routemaster bus through treacle...

Roll on the patch :roll:

Return to “Undercover”