Who's waiting for price drop or not buying it?

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Who's waiting for price drop or not buying it?

Post by oshaylinux »

I going to wait for price drop...the most I'm willing to pay is $20, i may go lower--why:

1. EA is not including all of the customizations from the other need for speed games and no interior customizations at all...

2. Races--No drag and drifting, the heart of any street racing game!

3. Undercover is a short game, 12-16 or so hours for completion

4. No night and day

5. Multi-user-no split screen for pc and have to go through the internet for multiplay

6. no demo

7. no more camera views while racing

8. Because of EA's blatant disrespect of the customer wants and desires and concerns....

there's lots more reasons....

What's your protest?!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Who's waiting for price drop or not buying it?

Post by Andre_online »

Heck, I'm gonna bid on eBay. Good prices are going to be offered there. Way better than market value. ;)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

oshaylinux wrote:8. Because of EA's blatant disrespect of the customer wants and desires and concerns....

I was going through the forums a while ago (before NFSUC was released) checking the "your ideal NFS" topics. It's either "EA disrespects what you want" or you have no idea what the majority wants. NFSUC is basically what people wanted.
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Bojan wrote:
oshaylinux wrote:8. Because of EA's blatant disrespect of the customer wants and desires and concerns....

I was going through the forums a while ago (before NFSUC was released) checking the "your ideal NFS" topics. It's either "EA disrespects what you want" or you have no idea what the majority wants. NFSUC is basically what people wanted.
What they need to do is force something new down our throats. Get creative EA!

F*** The Roots
F*** Underground
F*** MW, C, PS, UC
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Bojan wrote: I was going through the forums a while ago (before NFSUC was released) checking the "your ideal NFS" topics. It's either "EA disrespects what you want" or you have no idea what the majority wants. NFSUC is basically what people wanted.
Thank you! We just have no idea what we want, I first stated this when UC was released, when the noobies seemed to be bashing it because a few of the more experienced members were.

...and also Rx7, don't f*** the roots, the roots are what started it all. Hell, why do you think they call it the roots? You don't even seem like the kind of person who knows about the roots (no offense...)

If EA wanted to go back to the pre-underground style, it's more than welcome... we have plenty of Car Customization games now, which didn't exist when Underground came out, that's what makes it great. You do have a point though, it's time for something new.

Underground - Massive Customization - HUGE success
Underground 2 - Free Roam Open-World - success
Most Wanted - Huge Amounts of Police (limited to 2 cars in the past) - Probably the most proclaimed 'Best NFS' ever
Carbon - Autosculpt, wow. (failure) - not much new
Pro Street - Attempted CC Racing (failure) - not much new
Undercover - MW2 - Combination of one of the best NFS's, with the worst two, but at least they listened. - (possible failure)

Anyway, if I don't get it for Christmas I'll probably buy it when it's $20, like I did Pro Street.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Pro street is still $45 at my retailer... :? :( :lol:
korge
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Yup! About the same here..
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@ whole "next NFS should be like (previous game X)" discussion: Isn't it kind of pointless to argue what the next NFS should be like? I mean, I honestly couldn't care less as long as the quality of the game is good. Personally, Undercover tells me that EA listens to what we want in the most Corrupted-Wish-Game-esque way possible - if we only care about returning to MW, that's what they give us. However, if we require better quality from them, that'll probably be a far better approach.

As far as UC goes, I'm skipping UC. This is the first time in the history of my NFS purchases that I have decided to skip a game, and unless EA works more on the quality and stops trying to cough up a "release" every year, I doubt it will be the last time.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I'd say you're missing a lot if you don't get NFSUC. If you liked NFSMW, this is a well worthy successor (but that of course is just my opinion). Also if you thought the gaming engine is way too easy, try going online. It actually takes a lot of skill!

Regarding the way NFS games are going. Unfortunately EA listens all to well to what the community wants (that's why we're getting all these tuning games and not classic types :) :) :))
It's either the producers or game designers themselves checking out this and other NFS forums, or me (and other webmasters) who go through all the wishlist posts and try to get an average opinion to send it to the EA guys (or speak directly with them at community days). So yes your opinions do matter (which is unfortunate for me as I've been wanting the next NFS game to be like the classics).
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Bojan wrote:I'd say you're missing a lot if you don't get NFSUC. If you liked NFSMW, this is a well worthy successor (but that of course is just my opinion). Also if you thought the gaming engine is way too easy, try going online. It actually takes a lot of skill!

Regarding the way NFS games are going. Unfortunately EA listens all to well to what the community wants (that's why we're getting all these tuning games and not classic types :) :) :))
It's either the producers or game designers themselves checking out this and other NFS forums, or me (and other webmasters) who go through all the wishlist posts and try to get an average opinion to send it to the EA guys (or speak directly with them at community days). So yes your opinions do matter (which is unfortunate for me as I've been wanting the next NFS game to be like the classics).

You're right, quality above all else, but I don't feel like EA truly listened to the customers. As I was reading the previews of Undercover, all I could think was, "EA is trying to sell us another features less limited game, than the ones before it. And using the MW theme just to build the hype around this game to make sell. This is not a game built for the fans." When I think of a game build and designed around customer wants and desires, TDU, hands down. TDU, is so for ahead of any racing game, it has no equal. TDU, would be even greater, if there was expansion packs, every now and then. TDU has so much right about, it's hard to complain about what it's doesn't have. So when someone says, my expectations are to high for NFS Franchise, I cant help it, I have played TDU. And still do play it.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

That's funny, I think TDU had a really nice idea - lots of highly detailed cars with interiors, Ferraris, large open world. The one thing where it lacked a lot was the driving engine which was horrible. Driving cars on hilly roads was near impossible. Not to mention taking a real island was a bad idea since all the tracks were more or less straight lines.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Bojan wrote:That's funny, I think TDU had a really nice idea - lots of highly detailed cars with interiors, Ferraris, large open world. The one thing where it lacked a lot was the driving engine which was horrible. Driving cars on hilly roads was near impossible. Not to mention taking a real island was a bad idea since all the tracks were more or less straight lines.
Yes! I have it for 360 and driving on hilly roads will have you flying into rolling road blocks of traffic and cops at 140 mph. ... Very Very... very annoying. For shame. Its such a good game but fails in that area.

NFS and TDU could learn a LOT from each other... :P
korge
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Oh yea that's what I'd love the next to be like - exotic location, exotic cars complete with interiors and a good driving engine.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

korge wrote:
Bojan wrote:That's funny, I think TDU had a really nice idea - lots of highly detailed cars with interiors, Ferraris, large open world. The one thing where it lacked a lot was the driving engine which was horrible. Driving cars on hilly roads was near impossible. Not to mention taking a real island was a bad idea since all the tracks were more or less straight lines.
Yes! I have it for 360 and driving on hilly roads will have you flying into rolling road blocks of traffic and cops at 140 mph. ... Very Very... very annoying. For shame. Its such a good game but fails in that area.

NFS and TDU could learn a LOT from each other... :P
I have to disagree with you all on that one. If people are use to playing games with very "forgiving" driving engines, as NFS and other overly arcad-ish games, as I was, had to learn to be more skillful playing TDU. Other than Juiced, TDU makes good use of my brake button, as a fact, Prostreet (a bad taste I have yet to get out of my mouth) is the only, NFS I can ever remembering using my brake button, other than just for reverse. TDU, just like real car driving, requires you to brake before taking a curve, or else, ypu end up flying off the road. I really like that. :)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

And TDU like real life makes your car bounce like a ball on hilly roads?
One thing is an arcadey driving model, and another thing is a broken driving model.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Exactly. I play Forza 2 Most of the time and I know friction and momentum. TDU has trouble balancing realism in an environment not suited for speeds over 100.

If there is anything worse than the games unfinished graphics and annoying traffic causing police scenarios, it would have to be the balance in gameplay. If I drive somewhat safe, The AI blows right past me like they are on rails. If I speed, I wreck. ALWAYS. Im sorry but when I picked up Forza 2, I could play it in 30 minutes because the physics are somewhat expected because they are real. In TDU, its a surprise at every corner.
korge
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Now that Undercover is $20 i hope to be getting soon.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Where did you see Undercover for $20! In Australia it's still pretty much release price!
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Where did you see Undercover for $20! In Australia it's still pretty much release price!

I just bought mine from direct2drive.com

newegg.com

It was well worth waiting for the price to drop.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Where did you see Undercover for $20! In Australia it's still pretty much release price!
Just picked it up for $30 on PS3 second hand (CD was in brand new condition!). I have it on the PC already but I got that for free :lol:

Gotta love being the fastest at game launch party 8)

Return to “Undercover”