NFS Undercover patch

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

NFS Undercover patch

Post by hugh750 »

I just downloaded the patch today and it does seem to fix the framerate issue. :D
Ati Radeon 4670 1 gig ram, intel duo core 2 2.3 gig cpu & sb x-fi sound card, 3 gig
aryamen
Ricer
Ricer

Re: NFS Undercover patch

Post by aryamen »

just downloaded it but I get this error message during installation:

"Patch Error
Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."

any ideas?
thx
AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+
2GB DDR-RAM
nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 512MB
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Wrong patch version?
aryamen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by aryamen »

version? you mean region? I downloaded the european and the US version...none of which seemed to work and I got the same error message on both.
AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+
2GB DDR-RAM
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

I downloaded the us version and i don't have anymore framerate issues :mrgreen:
Ati Radeon 4670 1 gig ram, intel duo core 2 2.3 gig cpu & sb x-fi sound card, 3 gig
AzrielSmurf
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AzrielSmurf »

@ aryamen --> If you come back to this...., I had exactly the same problem. But then I remember that I had made the requisite changes to the registry to make the game run half, well no very much better at all really, hence the patch. But I had done some tweaking to the files on the original install. I merely moved the NFS folder from My Documents, uninstalled and then reinstalled the game. Then I ran the patch. Everything's a-okay now. Patch went in like magic and surprise no more framerate issues.

Hope this helps, though I know it's a pain in the bumbum.
Athlon X2 4800
4GB Corsair DDR2 667
Radeon HD 3870 512mb
XP Pro, Vista Ult x64, PCLinux
aryamen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by aryamen »

Thanks AzrielSmurf for your reply. I will try to apply the patch after I reinstalled the game and I let you know if it works out. However, I haven't been changing any files or tweaking the game in any way which makes me wonder if this is going to work at all. Oh yeah, another thing...is there a way to check your current version of the game?

thx
AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+
2GB DDR-RAM
AzrielSmurf
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AzrielSmurf »

Not sure if there is a way to check the version without starting the game, if even then. However, I think that all versions were the same prior to the patch, as the patch file seems to be the same regardless of which version you download and use.

Is it just me or does it seem strange to have such a small patch filesize? And I still get microfreezes and strange hangs whilst driving, albeit now they happen in different places. And not nearly as often.
Athlon X2 4800
4GB Corsair DDR2 667
Radeon HD 3870 512mb
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

I too get the problems you mentioned Azrielsmurf, with the patch, lockups, weird images etc. :shock: [-X
But no more framrate issues :D
AzrielSmurf
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AzrielSmurf »

Well I can actually say that I am Unhappy to hear that hugh750. Unhappy because I had hoped that I was the only one so we could say "Yay!! They fixed their game." But you seeing the same things, so it's not just me..., sigh.

Seriously, 9.5mb patch file. Really? I guess they tweaked the files which correspond to the registry hacks many of us had already made? Sad part is that I've never patched NFS games till Carbon was released with the online issues.

But like I said, they don't happen as much and in different places. At least I can go around a curve under an overpass without freezing up for just enough time to throw me off. However, last night I got a freeze of a good four seconds whilst rounding a turn in one of the very first races of the game (had gone back because I had to reset all my steering controls for my logitech wheel after the patch - for some reason my car pulled hard to the right). Don't know why, but that's how it is.
Athlon X2 4800
4GB Corsair DDR2 667
Radeon HD 3870 512mb
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

i think the patch helped with ai difficulty, i did a race one day and turned the game off without saving and the next time i played i downloaded the patch and that race was harder :shock: :?
Instagram @SupraHKS
The Flash
Ricer
Ricer

Post by The Flash »

yeah, it make AI harder, but it also remove the "wet road" effect, the road is still shiny though

Return to “Undercover”