2008 Need for Speed Undercover
jeffareid
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

New patch for PC with Challenge Series

Post by jeffareid »

First the link to patch 1.0.1.18:

http://www.needforspeed.com/portal/site ... 0d2c0aRCRD

update - I thought I had to reinstall the original game, then install the new patch, but apparently you can just copy NFS.EXE from you DVD to avoid the reinstall and using up an activation. (Although the reinstall didnt mention anything about activation, perhaps as long as the registry is still there).

The new cars show up as "special edition" cars in the career shop, and also as bonus cars. A few of the events took quite a few retires, like the 2nd (street silver) Highway Battle. Some of the pro takeout and cost to state challenges had fairly short times to beat.

Although the GT2 is released last, the Dominator Z06 which is released after 30 dominations (or 31 if you you dominate all the regular level challenges first which rewards the RX7) is the quickest of this bunch. This is what the challenge board looks like when completed:

React RX7:

Dominator Z06:

Speed Machine GT2:
Last edited by jeffareid on 09 May 2009, 04:54, edited 1 time in total.
FreelancerMar
Ricer
Ricer

Re: New patch for PC with Challenge Series

Post by FreelancerMar »

@jeffareid

You went through an un-neccessary step. All you had to do is copy the nfs.exe file off the origional DVD(Disc) and the patch would have took. I know because thats exactly what I did. I didnt have to -re-install the game in order to install the DLC Patch. You might also want to Inform or post this on the EA NFS forums so others will not have to go throuugh an un-neccessary uninstall and re-install which will also burn up an activation.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Re: New patch for PC with Challenge Series

Post by zedex »

I ABSOLUTELY HATE muscle cars with a passion!...

i'm still trying to dominate all first bronze races... and FINALLY managed to get the checkpoint with stingray... I just can't even get first 3 in the Charger R/T Sprint race >.>

HOW do you people drive a muscle?!?!?!?!?

they got NO traction whatsoever, tiny bump and you're off, can't turn, can't brake, it's HORRIBLE! GAHH!!!

Return to “Undercover”