NFS Pro Street: Official Discussion Thread

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Datsun-tan

Re: NFS Pro Street: Official Discussion Thread

Post by Datsun-tan »

ahmad0410 wrote:Well I think the "unlockallthings" code will have an effect on the savegame, as in unable to reach 100%. If you did reach 100% then its okay.
Really? Crap! Haha, I just started over today because we got snowed in and I'm bored out of my mind. Oh well, looks like I'm starting over again. :roll:

I guess the proper question to ask is "does anyone really care"? I mean it's not like the "cheats" help my cars stay on the road or go faster than anything available to every player. From what I understand, most people are using "unlockallthings" to get the free cars, anyway. Once you reset your console, you lose the effects of the code unless you re-enter the code. You no longer have access to all the Stage 4 parts, and the hidden cars disappear from the car lot. The only things that will remain are the cars you bought while the code was active and the Stage 4 parts applied to your vehicles.

I'm really just trying to figure out who uses Stage 4 equipment regularly, if it's okay to fully load up a car with all Stage 4 equipment, and whether or not this practice is frowned upon unanimously by the XBL community. If fully loaded cars are the norm, I don't want to be at a huge disadvantage by only using Stage 3 parts, and conversely, if they are not accepted as "fair", then I would hate to somehow be marked as a cheater online simply because I have used "unlockallthings" to beef up my bank roll.
Turbocharger
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbocharger »

They said the whole thing was free :s
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

They did? I never really saw the black and white.. :?
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

They SAID the WHOLE THING was FREE ? Literally?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

If you can find a text from EA that says, the WHOLE pack is free of charge, then please let us know.
hardvibes00
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hardvibes00 »

TheStig wrote:If you can find a text from EA that says, the WHOLE pack is free of charge, then please let us know.
in the video the programmer says everything is free, he talks about every single new car and blabla.....and the text says only 2 cars are free, the rest can be "purchased"
strange isn't it? Do THEY even know what they should do?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

From the way I see it, they're giving us the FREE opportunity to BUY the extra cars (other than the 2 provided for free). :roll: ...never buying a game from EA...ever!
hardvibes00
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hardvibes00 »

2furio wrote:From the way I see it, they're giving us the FREE opportunity to BUY the extra cars (other than the 2 provided for free). :roll: ...never buying a game from EA...ever!
:lol: :lol:
boycott EA!!!!
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

If EA do decide to charge us for those cars then I will kill myself :?

And get them anyway as a torrent :wink:
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

How can you get them from a torrent if you're dead? :wink:

@ 2furio: I agree, I think from now on I'll rent EA games that are extremely well done. And I'm actually kind of glad I haven't purchased ProStreet.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

The silly thing about this entire discussion is that, if people hadn't seen the files belonging to the unfinished cars, they would have happily bought the entire thing and EA would never have been called a cheater/lier/newbie organization.. bla bla bla. Pro Street wouldn't have the reputation of being a broken, unfinished game and so on.. The game is fine as it is. It's always been fine as it was, when shipped. The whole debacle originates from a tactical mistake by EA, which is leaving those unfinished cars in.. had they just left them out and worked on them silently and then released an addon later on, nobody would have said a peep.. everyone would have happily opened their mouths to have the thing shoved down their throats. Kind of funny, isn't it?

PS - of course there's the grille bug thing and another couple of bugs, which should've been ironed out before release.. nothing a patch couldn't - and shouldn't - fix! But then again, the big fuss isn't really about those, is it? It's about the extra cars.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Porsche-AG wrote:@ 2furio: I agree, I think from now on I'll rent EA games that are extremely well done. And I'm actually kind of glad I haven't purchased ProStreet.
I just got mine on Sunday. Haha!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Summ is right, it would be completely diffirent if EA made the cars in silence and not have a preinstall in the game already.
But then they did that in U2 and MW and there never where those cars that where listed in some folders.

What personally bothers me the most is not the new to be released carlist, cause there could be laods of reasons why they didn't put those cars in before release, licenses for instance.
But what does bother me is that you have to pay extra to get the 5 collectors edition cars, wich are already in the game (you sometimes race against them) but are locked.
And it's not like in Carbon that you could buy the Collectors Edition as a full game, it is only a DL pack.
That is like buying a car with airco in it but they did not give you the button to use the airco, you can buy it after you have the car for 500 dollar so you can actually use the airco, you know what I mean...
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

To hold your analogy, Stig, see the extra cars and content as extra gadgets.. like navigations.. tons of cars already have it and run around with it, but that doesn't mean your car gets shipped with it. Still, if you want it, you can buy it.. and add it on your own..
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

But you can't cheat your way to getting the SATNAV, by entering a code in the headunit or something.
The Collectors edition cars are availeble for those who cheat with a code that EA gave us. (unlockallthings)
I personally am against cheating but I did enter this one on my X360 because I don't really feel I am cheating by doing this, I still have to pay (gamemoney) for the cars and I'm not going faster or anything by doing it, and I am not skipping races or anything.
But it is annoying that you have to enter a code to get the 5 cars or have to pay 8 euro to get them.
If you play fair (and are not willing to pay for something that is actually free) you'll never get a chance to try them. wich is incorrect IMO.

All other cheat options that you can BUY @xbox live is all fair IMO, if you want to pay for a Pagani to own the racing from the first race onwards, and want to pay real money for it (xbox credits) please do so, I don't mind that EA asks money for stuff like that even though it is also for free in the game (if you work your way trough the game) but I don't mind that EA asks money from cheaters :D)
But the Collectors edition is something diffirent, you can buy it on XBL like any other car but you can't get them by finishing the game the way it should be done, and that's bothering me.
888Veyron
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 888Veyron »

rockprincess07 wrote:hi my mum n dad r gettin me nfs pro street 4 xmas could i have some info about the game?
55 cars normal 60 cars collectors ed 62 cars Extender Pack Dwnload Bugatti,ETC 76 cars
888Veyron
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 888Veyron »

ahmad0410 wrote:On ForzaCentral, one of the user says there's a energizer coupon he got after purchasing prostreet that says there will be 2 new cars and 2 new tracks available in december, and which also states 14 purchasable cars. :?

Here's the actual words: "Complete your Need For Speed ProStreet Experience with the Energizer Lithium Extender Pack. Extend your Need For Speed ProStreet experience with this free download, featuring two brand new tracks and additional cars! Race on the Porsche Leipzig Test Track, and Japan's Shuto Expressway. Drive the 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner and the 2007 SEAT Leon Cupra. Plus extend your career with additional race days! This download will also add the ability to purchase up to 14 additional high-end dream cars, offering countless hours of additional gameplay. Available in December 2007 on Xbox Live Marketplace."

So I guess the DLC will include all the 16 cars in the carlot, but the 14 cars, instead of having an option to purchase it in carlot using "Cash" option, there will be only the option of "Microsoft Points" when you click purchase. (For Xbox360)

And maybe not.
IS THE OFFICIAL PACK of the out already? and could the price of the cars when you buy them from EA HIGH!
888Veyron
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 888Veyron »

Now The Real Patch Is Out!
Check It Out!
http://www.ea.com/prostreet/downloads.jsp
From EA:The game may have shipped, but the team has been busy building fresh new content! Extend your Need for Speed ProStreet experience with this FREE download, coming to Xbox® LIVE Marketplace, PLAYSTATION®STORE, and the EA Store.

The extender pack features two brand new tracks (Leipzig Test Track & Japan's Tokyo Expressway) and additional cars (Plymouth Road Runner & SEAT Leon Cupra)! You'll also have the ability to purchase new high-end dream cars such as the McLaren F1, Aston Martin DBR9, and the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, which is making its video game debut in Need for Speed ProStreet.

For the North American PC Update, click HERE:http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/NFS/ps/

For the European PC Update, click HERE:http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/NFS/ps/
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Cool, downloading now, I hope they've finished the cars...
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

...And noo, of course there's no difference. Don't download.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Really? The way I see it, you have to pay for the extender bundlies, but the cars within are free. So I currently have, lets see, a Carrera GT for Grip along with a GT3 RS, A Koenigsegg CCX for Speed, an Aston DB9 for drift, and the Camaro SS for drag because none of those cars are worth it for drag.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

powerof1000 wrote:...And noo, of course there's no difference. Don't download.
So there's no difference between this and the old patch that was pulled, right? Good to know EA mucked up again.
Bernard
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bernard »

3/5. Game is weak, because it's not finished. I don't recommend buy this game. Here's some reasons why:
  • Infamous grille texture glitch/stretching.
  • No test drive. You can't test your car before you buy it.
  • You can't use your career cars in non-career singleplayer race days.
  • No racing with the same or at least similar cars.
  • Weird drift physics. At some moments you can't stop your car or turn it.
  • Even if you turned off ABS and traction control, game will turn it back at some races.
  • You can't paint stock vinyls, you can't paint roof scoops and you can't use some vinyls without mods (for example BMW M3 GTR vinyl).
  • Not enough body kits, hoods, spoilers and roof scoops.
  • No cars from previous games.
  • You can install only one racing seat.
  • Cars from Booster Pack initially were hidden in game files. And some of them are bugged (body kit parts are black/translucent, McLaren F1 has no engine sound until you upgrade the engine to level 3).
  • Car damage is weak too. High speed crash means your car is totally destroyed. But in game you will only lose your bumpers, mirrors, and break your windshield.
  • You can't drift with FWD and 4WD cars (but you can in real life).
  • Same problem with '99 Mitsubishi Eclipse's trim level, but now it's a 4WD car.
SFuel
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SFuel »

I really love the game. It's fun and has a great soundtrack.

Also, here are some codes to unlock things (those are for PS2)

Unlock everything
Enter "UNLOCKALLTHINGS" as a code to unlock all bonuses.
Extra money
Enter "1MA9X99" as a code to get an extra $2,000 in Career mode.
Enter "W2iOLLO1" as a code to get an extra $4,000 in Career mode.
Enter "L1iS97A1" as a code to get an extra $8,000 in Career mode.
Enter "CASHMONEY" or "1Mi9K7E1" as a code to get an extra $10,000 in Career mode.
Enter "REGGAME" as a code to get $10,000 and unlock some cars in Career mode, including the Chevrolet Camaro Concept, Ford Mustang GT 500, and Nissan R34 Skyline.
Five free repair markers
Enter "SAFETYNET" as a code to get five free repair markers in Career mode.
Audi TT 3.8 Quattro
Enter "ITSABOUTYOU" as a code to unlock the Audi TT 3.8 Quattro in Career mode.
Chevrolet Chevelle SS
Enter "HORSEPOWER" as a code to unlock the Chevrolet Chevelle SS in Career mode.
Coke Zero Volkswagen Golf GTI and Vinyl
Enter "ZEROZEROZERO" as a code to unlock the Coke Zero Volkswagen Golf GTI and Vinyl in Career mode.
Energizer Lithium Dodge Viper SRT10 and Vinyl
Enter "ENERGIZERLITHIUM" as a code to unlock the Energizer Lithium Dodge Viper SRT10 and Vinyl in Career mode.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
Enter "MITSUBISHIGOFAR" as a code to unlock the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution in Career mode.
Castrol Syntec Vinyl
Enter "CASTROLSYNTEC" as a code to unlock the Castrol Syntec Vinyl.
K&N Vinyl
Enter "WORLDSLONGESTLASTING" as a code to unlock the K&N Vinyl.
Relock cars
Enter "LEIPZIG" as a code to lock all cars previously unlocked with the "UNLOCKALLTHINGS" code.
Gentlemen.

Return to “ProStreet”