NFS Pro Street: Official Discussion Thread

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Re: NFS Pro Street: Official Discussion Thread

Post by Danyutz »

I stopped playing the game, until some money are available to buy some upgrades .. it laggs a lot now.
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Is it possible to tune your car outside of the Careermode?

Can't seem to find it in quickrace.
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

I believe there isn't any to tune car outside of career mode. meaning no "My Cars" section
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Which is freakin' LAME. :x
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

How reliable would you guys consider this? Apparently, a ProStreet patch will be out soon.
Linky.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

NFS PS: Booster Pack

NFS ProStreet was already released, but Electronic Arts still adds content to the game. After the » Collector's Edition a Booster Pack will be released in mid December, which adds 2 new tracks and 16 new cars to the game - and the best thing is: the download is free!

The Booster Pack contains two new tracks, the Tokyo Speedway and the Porsche Test Tracks in Leipzig, Germany. Additionally the package contains 16 new cars from 13 manufacturers. Among them you'll find the Audi R8, Aston Martin DBR9, Koenigsegg CCX, Plymouth Road Runner, SEAT Leon Cupra, McLaren F1, Honda S2000 and theBugatti Veyron 16.4, which is making its video game debut in Need for Speed ProStreet.

The Booster packs should be available in mid December on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, PLAYSTATION STORE, and the EA Store. In a short video John Doyle, Producer of NFS ProStreet presents the new Booster pack:

http://www.nfsplanet.com/nfsps_movies.php

Source: http://www.nfsplanet.com/en/
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Sweeeeeet. Maybe this will get me back into Pro Street, I'm almost already bored of it. And Call of Duty 4 is just too addicting.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I really wonder what the pricetag will be for this pack, cause I can't believe it will be free like some people say.
Man the Collectors Edition wasn't even free (only checked the 360 version but if not mistaken officially the PC version isn't free eighter)
For the 360 the Collectors edition was 800 credits wich is like 8 euro orso. and that for 5 cars....
hardvibes00
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hardvibes00 »

TheStig wrote:I really wonder what the pricetag will be for this pack, cause I can't believe it will be free like some people say.
Man the Collectors Edition wasn't even free (only checked the 360 version but if not mistaken officially the PC version isn't free eighter)
For the 360 the Collectors edition was 800 credits wich is like 8 euro orso. and that for 5 cars....
if the cars like the veyron are not free I WONT buy ANYTHING! Of course!!

I'll.....well....you know what...... :wink:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

And if they where free, you won't buy them also.. (cause they are FREE... DUH)
hardvibes00
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hardvibes00 »

TheStig wrote:And if they where free, you won't buy them also.. (cause they are FREE... DUH)
UH?
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

hardvibes00 wrote:
TheStig wrote:And if they where free, you won't buy them also.. (cause they are FREE... DUH)
UH?
Let me explain.. lol.. If they are not free you won't buy them. If they are free you won't buy them too, coz you don't BUY FREE things, coz they are FREE. got me? :lol:

Anyway, TheStig, it's not someone that says its free, it's nfs' website that says its free. but maybe some are confused when they say "have a chance to purchase new high end car". Well all the cars are in ONE extender pack so how can some be free and some need to bought?
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

peeps already play with the unfinished cars, so EA can't add payment to a pack. It's good to see that they work on glitches and I'm sure lots of players will send the dxdiag files. Besides that it's nice to see they work on a LAN patch, ProStreet would be cool playing with friends offline.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Sure they can.

EA did it before, remember Carbon?
First they say:
We locked certain cars by "accident"

few weeks after, look DLC packages with several new cars (cars that where locked by accident)
And you had to pay for it do download it, for both the PC and 360

Now for PS, the Collectors edition, the cars are already in the game (you sometimes race them) but guess what, you can BUY the collectors edition for 800 credits (X360) and you get the huge amount of 5 cars wich aren't very special to begin with only the NSX stands out.

Or EA had a change of hart and suddenly doesn't want any money for a carpack (and 2 tracks) wich include some of the most wanted cars in the racegame world (CCX, McLaren F1, Veyron)
Or they ask money for the full pack and give 2 cars from the pack as a free Download

(and I guess the second option)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

2furio wrote:NFS PS: Booster Pack

NFS ProStreet was already released, but Electronic Arts still adds content to the game. After the » Collector's Edition a Booster Pack will be released in mid December, which adds 2 new tracks and 16 new cars to the game - and the best thing is: the download is free!
Hmm. I watched the video regarding this, but this dude didn't mention anything regarding the fact that it's gonna be free.. :|
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Well the website does.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

The way the EA Downloads website words it, it seems to me that the two tracks and the two cars (Seat Leon and Plymouth Roadrunner) will be the only free parts of the extender pack, and the rest of the cars will require some sort of payment.

That seems a lot more characteristic of EA than to simply offer the entire thing for free.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

On ForzaCentral, one of the user says there's a energizer coupon he got after purchasing prostreet that says there will be 2 new cars and 2 new tracks available in december, and which also states 14 purchasable cars. :?

Here's the actual words: "Complete your Need For Speed ProStreet Experience with the Energizer Lithium Extender Pack. Extend your Need For Speed ProStreet experience with this free download, featuring two brand new tracks and additional cars! Race on the Porsche Leipzig Test Track, and Japan's Shuto Expressway. Drive the 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner and the 2007 SEAT Leon Cupra. Plus extend your career with additional race days! This download will also add the ability to purchase up to 14 additional high-end dream cars, offering countless hours of additional gameplay. Available in December 2007 on Xbox Live Marketplace."

So I guess the DLC will include all the 16 cars in the carlot, but the 14 cars, instead of having an option to purchase it in carlot using "Cash" option, there will be only the option of "Microsoft Points" when you click purchase. (For Xbox360)

And maybe not.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

It sounds too good to be true, especially coming from EA. Hoestly speaking..
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Sadly I think its true, france's EA website shows this:

Contenu du Booster Pack gratuit pour NFS ProStreet :

* 2 nouveaux circuits
(Porsche Leipzig Test Track et Japan's Shuto Expessway)

* 2 nouvelles voitures
(Plymouth Roadrunner de1969 et Seat Leon Cupra de 2007)

* 14 nouvelles voitures sont disponibles dans la boutique pour achat en ligne

* Tous ces éléments sont sponsorisés par Coke Zero (bandeaux sur les voitures)

Someone wanna translate the last 2 points? :lol:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Rough translation courtesy of Google:
Content Pack free for NFS ProStreet:

* 2 new channels
(Porsche Leipzig Test Track and Japan's Shuto Expessway)

* 2 new cars
(Plymouth Roadrunner de1969 and Seat Leon Cupra 2007)

* 14 new cars are available in the shop to purchase online

* All of these are sponsored by Coke Zero (banners on cars)
Basically, only two free cars and tracks in the free package. The rest will cost ya.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

This is honestly an outrage...how can EA do this to its costumers. Let me get this straight, companies which release great games such as Unreal Tournament 3, Gears of War, Bioshock all release patches and extra content for free and yet...here we have EA with a mediocre game charging more for extra content. Are they on crack?

To this day I refuse to get NFS: ProStreet...meh...from the looks of it, I'm not missing anything out...especially with so many great games out on the PC which are actually worth the time (it's a great year for PC gaming)...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Did you expect anything else?
To be honest it's still EA we are talking about.
They even asked money for a PS making of movie on XB Live.

EA will never give something as unique (in the racing game market) away for free (talking about the Veyron, no other racing game has the license for it so EA knows it has a unique selling point, read the SELLING part carefully, cause you don't have a unique sellingpoint if you don't SELL it :wink: )

I like a DLC system, but not the way EA does it.
EA already builds the stuff and put it on the CD/DVD etc but they lock it so you can't use it, and then they charge you to unlock it all.

I prefer the system that Turn 10 uses (Forza 2) they also have extra downloads, cars and tracks) and yes you also have to pay for it, but it's not already fixed in the game, they are new cars that in some cases didn't make it in time for release, but in most cases are completely new cars that wheren't in the game before (FM1) and some are brand new cars that are just on the market.
And the prices are alot better, the recent december package had 1 track and 11 cars for 500 credits (around 5 euro) wich is IMO a fair price for what you get.
Datsun-tan

Post by Datsun-tan »

I have a question about cheats in the console versions of PS. I felt using the "unlockallthings" cheat for PS (360) was far easier than downloading the extra cars. I unlocked all Stage 4 performance parts, but I don't use Stage 4 parts unless I legitimately unlocked them in career mode. Aki's FD is all Stage 4 parts, and is the only fully-loaded car I own.

I made sure that I beat the career mode on King before using any cheats. It's just so annoying to try and build multiplayer cars in career mode without money easily at hand. Would I be looked down upon for using easy money cheats AFTER beating the career mode? I never outfit my multiplayer cars with Stage 4 parts (unless I'm playing with friends who are, as well) and I wonder if there is anything I have to worry about in terms of playing the game online with other people?

Again, I only use money cheats to get capital for building up cars (I've already legitimately beaten career mode), and I never equip Stage 4 parts on my multiplayer cars. Am I safe?
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Well I think the "unlockallthings" code will have an effect on the savegame, as in unable to reach 100%. If you did reach 100% then its okay.

Return to “ProStreet”