NFS Pro Street: Official Discussion Thread

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
geese howard
Ricer
Ricer

Post by geese howard »

i can´t imagine the system requirements...

My old GF 6800 will explode!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Gamespot has a preview up. I don't think it's been posted even though it is at least 2 days old. Well...anyways...here it is:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving ... ks;title;3
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I downloaded the teaser video on Xbox live marketplace. The video looks great.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

More NFS PS previews:
http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1 ... Street/p1/
http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/nee ... 159p1.html
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3159982
http://www.gamedaily.com/need-for-speed ... iews/6308/

Some new bits of information:

there’s also a “Showdown,” presumably against some sort of menacing racer with a chip on his shoulder

Lastly, the team is using Google Earth and on-site visits to capture "iconic" locations around the world, such as the Sears Point track we saw a team member doing the demo drive on

That's about it...everything else is the same old...
snoopdogg879
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Sitting in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition that is fully tricked out

Post by snoopdogg879 »

the bad thing about this game is that there is no free roam or cops

i mean it wouldnt be really street racing unless u race around the streets not on a track, and the cops are after u
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

it is still street racing. if you listened and read all of the preveiws shown thus far, you would know that this is a street racing game. if there was free roam and cops, the game would suck like carbon.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

snoopdogg879 wrote:the bad thing about this game is that there is no free roam or cops

i mean it wouldnt be really street racing unless u race around the streets not on a track, and the cops are after u
is that a really bad thing?! :roll:
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

WHAT THE HECK? I thought Pro Street was a rumor! What the hell happened while I was gone!??? And why the heck are they on a track? THIS SUCKS! :evil:

EDIT: I congraduate EA... they already have a release date... they might actually do decently. PLus the hero car is NICE! Despite what yall may say. :?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

there is no storyline, so there is no real "hero car" in the game. that could be a major boss of the track car, but i doubt there will be any car like the bmw in most wanted or the audi lemans quattro in carbon.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

There is a "storyline." EA said it won't be like U2 or MW or Carbon, driving the races or anything like that. It'll be a very loose storyline, simply serving as extra motivation for the races.

Baiscally, the object of career will be to be the King of all the tracks. In order to be King of a track, you'll need to defeat the current King of the track, so track bosses will exist.

I don't remember which hands-on or review I read that in. Sorry.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

The new NFS girl...Krystal Forscutt

"According to the current issus of the Sunday Telegraph the australian model and Big-Brother constant Krystal Forscutt, who turns 21 next month, will be one of the NFS Girls in Need for Speed Pro Street. She is one of the two starting girls, who launch the race at the starting line.

After a bikini shoot in men's magazine Zoo Weekly Krystal got invited by Electronic Arts to Vancouver, Canada, where she was photographed and filmed for her character in the new Need for Speed Pro Street. It's the first time that an aussie has had a character in an EA game."

From http://www.nfsplanet.com/main.php?lang=eng

Pics scanned from the magazine:
http://www.nfsplanet.com/images/nfsps/s ... s/0003.jpg
http://www.nfsplanet.com/images/nfsps/g ... t/0001.jpg
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

OMG!!!! O__o :shock: :shock:

My girlfriend is going to kill me if she sees that I'm playing Pro Street to see her :cry:

O...M...G
xD
:lol:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

shes not too bad
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i really don't give a dang darn if theres a girl. the only thing the girls are good for are telling you to "not do it in real life, etc", other than that, they stand there treated like an object, not a person.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I really dont know if this is true, i mean..EA said that there wont be any cinematic cutscenes nor that comic book style videos.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

So then, why was there a competition in search of the next NFS girl and why is she standing beside a Mazda RX-7 which is clearly from ProStreet? I'm just askin'...
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i was also wondering that. how would that fit in a storyline?
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

Well that was about a year before anything was even official.
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

I dunno about the rest of u guys but i'm glad theres no free roam, i mean it was good to drive ur car around but i hated the traffic!! they were basically mobile brick walls. Would have been cool if u could drive to the track though.

Oh btw i'm new so how do i get the display pic at the end of each post?

Cheers

Lol Fishwizz u joined on my b'day hahahahaha
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

but what kind of storyline is going made? Hope this time it have a very good storyline
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Johnny_Yuan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Johnny_Yuan »

anyone saw the name of christina aguilera on the magazine scan?................omg
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Johnny_Yuan wrote:anyone saw the name of christina aguilera on the magazine scan?................omg
nonono!
They mention that there are other like christina aguilera that are in games. Like saying that another appareane in games. Not refering that christina aguilera was going to be in pro street...that also would definetively ruin the entire game. She thinks she has the world in her hands...damn hippie girl...same for britney spears...
Johnny_Yuan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Johnny_Yuan »

thx dude :D , and i totally agree with this: :?
xturbo wrote:that also would definetively ruin the entire game.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Glopaticki wrote:I dunno about the rest of u guys but i'm glad theres no free roam
THERE'S NO FREE ROAM! WHAT THE HECK DID I MISS WHILE I WAS GONE???

How can there not be free roam? This game is, in my opinion, not EA's average cup of tea... It's new and fresh, and they are going in the right direction, but they are also going back a few steps... it's different, so I don't know weather that is good or bad, but I guess I need to read the articles before I Praise or smack talk it, so... any links anyone??? :roll: :lol:
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Seeing as EA has made 3 lemons in a row (Most Wanted being average and U2 and Carbon both being downright appalling) this is shaping up to be the best NFS since their last big hit NFS Underground.

The positives are a lack of the pointless freeroam option (in the last three lemons) which served as really dire boredom getting from race to race. Had there been things like chop shops, hidden modding garages with unique parts (which actually looked good and not like a hairdresser and a rapper had got together and designed them) and unique mods which could be done to your cars (don't even try to mention rides or you will be summarily shot) then there may have been a little point to it. Had there even been realistic traffic and not mindless automatons in square boxes then things may have been a little better. However they weren't so good riddance.

Of the last three games only NFS U2 had any longevity (probably the largest of the NFS games so far) so that needs to be achieved with a less mind numbingly boring and repetitive set of challenges.

The damage aspect has been tried before (High Stakes/Road Challenge) but people weren't ready for it. This time everybody is screaming for it so I hope it is implemented properly seeing as physics (whether it be real sim or more like Flatout 2) is available for use.

Basically as I see with this game EA have a chance to redeem themselves for the rather common as shiznit NFS games that have been released over the last 3 years. Hopefully this will be put together more like a new Ferrari than a new Pontiac...

Return to “ProStreet”