NFS Pro Street: Official Discussion Thread

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

NFS Pro Street: Official Discussion Thread

Post by 2furio »

The next NFS game has not been officially announced but I'd like to start this thread for any news in the next NFS installment.

I'lll start off, you can vote for the model which will be featured in the next NFS game here:
http://www.fhm.com/Site/customPage/Defa ... x?ID=14868

NFS Carbon just has been released, but the development of the next Need for Speed already started. The lifestyle magazine FHM teamed up with Electronic Arts and presents you 10 hot girls, which can be the next Need for Speed Girl!
Take a look at their profiles and vote for the girl you like most. The winner will be flown to the EA Studios in the USA where she will star as a in the next game of the Need for Speed series!

- from nfs-planet.de
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 14 Dec 2008, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stuck.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

darn.... why cant you vote on the hero car of nfs-11 instead?
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

Fishwhiz wrote:darn.... why cant you vote on the hero car of nfs-11 instead?
why this? why not just the car?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, theres probably not going to be just one car.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

They all suck imo, however, i voted for Georgina Barlett.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

Ashleigh Mckenzie doesnt look too bad imo
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

nfs-planet.de has a new Q&A about NFS Carbon but there are a few hints for future NFS games.

Most Wanted took place in daylight, Carbon at night...what can we expect for the next NFS?

Each year we spend a lot of time working out what time of day is best suited to Need For Speed. The time of day will come together with the main game design, so right now this is still under consideration. Watch this space!

Will there be an in car view?

No, we decided not to include an in car view this year. This is something we're talking about for future Need for Speed titles.

Do you think the NFS games would be better if you had more time to develop them? Do you think that taking 2 years to develop them instead of one would improve the games in any shape or form?

Although Need for Speed has been on an annual release schedule for a number of years now, it is important to know that each game is actually in development for approximately 18-24 months, in total. We have a small team working on creative and technical R&D projects well before the majority of our team starts to work on the game. As with any game these days, the more time you have the better! We're very proud of the high quality and innovation that the Need for Speed franchise has consistently delivered year after year. It's a truly remarkable and talented team working on this franchise.

For the whole article including a lot more information, check out: http://www.nfsplanet.com/main.php?lang=eng
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

"We're very proud of the high quality and innovation that the Need for Speed franchise has consistently delivered year after year."

OMFG..... thats all i can say lol
how dare they say that :lol:
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

They should have asked do the realize they made somethings unlockable through online only and they didnt put online in the game for some consoles?
yammer_y2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yammer_y2 »

"We're very proud of the high quality and innovation that the Need for Speed franchise has consistently delivered year after year."
Yeah, somebody's gonna get hurt real bad, and I think we all know who that is.

EA is getting so concerned about making more $ that they no longer care about hardcore fans and loyal supporters of NFS.
*sig removed for being too big. limits are 550x120px and 50kb*
Boosted420a
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Boosted420a »

I have to agree with Skyline. They all average at best. EA trying to save a few bux and hire a newbie? Why am I not surprised. :?
xALFAxGT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xALFAxGT »

I hope Laura Southgate doesn't win

I'll need to play the game on a widescreen to see all of her LOL :lol:
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

Who knows what role the woman voted on through FHM will actually play. After all, the article stated that she would be a star. They never said anything about her playing the leading role.

EA is still a corporation, and while they may make video games, NFS is a major property. Any major decisions, such as casting leading roles, would likely be something that goes through a lot more corporate scrutiny, more processes such as auditions and casting interviews, than the coding, quality control and testing of the actual game play for PC.

If they let someone they have no idea can actually carry out even a video game acting role into the lead part of a major franchise video game, then EA really does have the utmost confidence that they can slap the name NFS on almost anything and people will buy it, regardless of the actual quality.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Did you get a lot of feedback from the demo, and how did it affect the development of the game?

The feedback from the demo confirmed a lot of our own concerns and thankfully issues brought up by our fan base were always going to be addressed for the final product. We pay close attention to people's reactions to the demo to make sure what we are developing meets our consumers expectations.
Yeah, right. :roll:
nfsunlimitedgamer
Ricer
Ricer
Location: THE SEVENTH CIRCLE OF HELL AND IN MY LIVING ROOM DEPENDING ON HOW MY DAY IS.

Post by nfsunlimitedgamer »

Yeah, somebody's gonna get hurt real bad, and I think we all know who that is.

EA is getting so concerned about making more $ that they no longer care about hardcore fans and loyal supporters of NFS.
I think your right. The games dont have the same street racing that the had in the old days. They need better people working there. You know, the people that actually care about the nfs games and their reputation that they had (or might still have).
BEWARE: POKER PLAYERS AD LOOSE WOMEN ARE KNOWN TO FREQUENT THIS ESTABLISHMENT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

eww those chics dont cut it with me, gimme some asians to choose from =P or atleast mixed asian-caucasian chics to keep both sides happy =)

carbon sucked, end of story.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Skyline_man wrote:They all suck imo, however, i voted for Georgina Barlett.
You bet they do... ;)
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

They should care more about the cars then the babe lol..... should be a vote about which next car u want in the game or sumit?
Explicit signature removed.
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

i think EA is shiznit... i want ATARI to do the next nfs :P with the graphics from tdu 8) :P
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

ATARI??? Why not Ubisoft they make the greatest games (ex: Prince of Persia Series)

All babes from that list are ugly (lol)
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

NFS 11: New rumours

"There are some new rumours about the next Need for Speed, the eleventh part of the Need for Speed series. It should have the name NFS: Pro Street and will contain a complete new graphics engine to fit the standards of todays systems, instead of a modernized old engine. The Autosculpt-System of Need for Speed Carbon will be finalized and improved.

The new Need for Speed (NFS Pro Street) is expected the be announced at the E3 2007 (Electronic Entertainment Expo), which takes play in May this year in Los Angeles."

Source: http://www.nfs-planet.de
Original Source: http://www.NFS-Zone.net
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

If it has a new engine, then good for them. I will believe it when I see some ingame shots.
korge
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, of course they will have better graphics!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

NFS 11: Rumours about "Pro Street" denied

"We recently reported about the rumours on several Russian websites, that the next Need for Speed will carry the name Pro Street. Now Electronic Arts denied these rumours - the title of the next NFS is still a secret.

For hard facts we may have to wait until the official announcement, which might take place at the E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) in May in Los Angeles, or at the Games Convention in Germany."

Source: http://www.nfs-planet.de
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

While checking EA's official boards a while ago, i found an interesting poll :

For the next NFS, what must be included or improved?
Votes: 111
1% Extensive controller support

5% Robust online community

7% Visual customization

4% Performance tuning

0% Great maps

13% Huge car list

9% Code stability

3% LAN mode

5% Be-the-cop in all modes

7% Drag racing

3% Drifting

8% Damage afffecting performance

18% Ferrari

11% Online free roam

I would say go and vote for the Ferrari. :)
EA Boards.

Return to “ProStreet”