Pro Street: PC or PS2?

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
AZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Pro Street: PC or PS2?

Post by AZ »

Need for Speeds have been better on PC nowdays.
TS47
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TS47 »

Personally, I'd go with PS3 :D

But since you don't have that...

PC for sure.
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

PC beats PS2 anywhere, anytime.

Cheers!!! :)

PS: Ill take for granted that you have at least a decent PC.
Dragin' is my crack!!!
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

I'd say PS2, better graphics and easier controls. I might get it for the XBox 360 though.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Tuners Rock wrote:I'd say PS2, better graphics and easier controls. I might get it for the XBox 360 though.
say whaaaaa? :^o
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

The Ps2 maybe had better graphics waaaay back, but it doesn't compare nowadays. I don't know why they are still dragging the console along....just let it be and move on. Precious time and money wasted on porting a game for a inferior console.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

Glopaticki wrote:The Ps2 maybe had better graphics waaaay back, but it doesn't compare nowadays. I don't know why they are still dragging the console along....just let it be and move on. Precious time and money wasted on porting a game for a inferior console.
I don't have a next-gen console yet, I'm getting a 360 for Christmas, saw it myself in my moms closet, but the game isn't coming out on the 25th is it? So the people who don't have a next-gen console yet wouldn't be able to buy it, so the money for buying the games that EA gets would go down if they only made it for the next-gen consoles, Halo 3 and Gears of War are proof, so don't ever suggest EA or any other game maker forget about the PS2. :evil:
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

I suggested it cause you can pick up a base 360 for pretty cheap. And i also suggested it because usually games that are ported for older consoles usually lack the full features of the game. Then gamers complain about it the quality of the game etc etc. Sure alot of ppl have PS2s but then again alot of people have XBOXs but u don't see Pro Street for Xbox?

You say tha company lose money because they only have the game limited to a next-gen console, but if the game is good enough wouldn't you think that justifies considering a next gen console? Look at all the people that forked out money for thier PCs just to play Crysis. I was one of them and it didn't take long to save that money.

I don't see how Halo 3 and Gears of War are proof? I mean wat other console would be able to handle Gears or Halo 3? The only thing would be a PS3 which is out of the question or a PC, which Gears is being released for and soon enough Halo 3 will follow its H1 and H2 and be ported to PC.
toplessrx7
Ricer
Ricer

Post by toplessrx7 »

I purchased NFSPS for PS2 on Wed. This is the first NFS Series game I have bought since Underground 1. So far I have been happy with the game play and performance of the AI, the graphics are alittle lacking though. I am sure that I will buy it for the PC. The only question is, can you have separate views, I am running 4 displays on my machine.

Here are my PC Specs:

Ailenware Area-51 7500 w/ High Performance Liquid Cooling
Dual 768MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra SLI
NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Extreme 3.0GHz @ 800MHz 4 x 1024MB
1TB SATA Hard Drive
30" LCD Monitor
20" LCD Monitor x 3

I built this setup mainly for Microsoft Flight Simulator X, but I'm certain it will run NFSPS quite well.
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

I'm not sure what you mean by "seperate views". You mean the game split across 4 displays? That should be possible. If you mean viewing the car in a different camera mode in each display, I don't think that's possible.
jomama
Stock
Stock

Post by jomama »

I have one question....Does Pro Street seriously have no Storyline or Free Roam?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

ProStreet seriously has no storyline or free roam.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

which is a very good thing :D
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Heya Djiel pity the Juiced forum shut down :evil:

Ah well there is a storyline but its more like NFS U1 where you got the badass at the top and you gotta knock him off. No freeroam is good and bad. So far freeroam hasn't been implemented well but I think its a good thing when done right. The format for ProStreet though definately works better without freeroam though.

Don't worry about freeroam or the story they generally did a good job making it fun to race :D
-RE-
Stock
Stock

Post by -RE- »

better on PC's......... :lol:
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Jopuma wrote: I think it has something like the nVidia 8400 or something rather than the most recent 8800

Let's just get back on topic ok.
Actually, the X360 is powered by a ATi GPU (Something equivalent to the HD series, high end, modded) and PS3's RSX is a heavily, heavily modded 7800GTX
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*

Return to “ProStreet”