Need beginner hints

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
tewic
Stock
Stock

Need beginner hints

Post by tewic »

Hey, I just got my hands on this game (mainly because of a competition with multiple games - so my goal is to atleast get somewhat decent at NFS:C rather quickly - that's why I need your help).

What things should I know as a beginner to racing games? (mainly the setup part, should I use automatic or manual gear, what binds should I use for my keyboard, is there any graphics I should turn up, stuff like that)

Also, what car(s) should I go for. Am I right when I think that you need to unlock the cars in carrer mode to play with them online? If so, then I should just complete singleplayer first and then select some car that you guys recommend and then I should be ready to practise online?

Thanks in advance for your help. :mrgreen:
Frenzy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Need beginner hints

Post by Frenzy »

1) Don't use the keyboard. Use at least something analogue and a wheel might help.
2) Manual gears can get you faster times, but add quite a lot more effort.
3) I would mess with the graphics until you are getting around 60fps as Carbon is a fast-moving game and skipping frames will be very annoying.
tewic
Stock
Stock

Post by tewic »

Thanks. What I'm looking for is a car that's overall good for online play, not like some special car that owns everything at one mode, it needs to be overall good at everything :)

edit: I just checked around and it seems like the z06 is one of the best if not the overall best car, is that correct? (saw it in this thread)

edit2: when should I change gear up and down. Should it be a bit before the rpm reaches the red bar, should it be right when it hits, or a bit after?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

tewic wrote:Also, what car(s) should I go for. Am I right when I think that you need to unlock the cars in carrer mode to play with them online? If so, then I should just complete singleplayer first and then select some car that you guys recommend and then I should be ready to practise online?
It's very much recommended that you complete your career mode first, because your performance won't match up to the people who have already done so, and have maxed their performance. Unless you have finished your career mode, you won't be able to get all the performance parts.

You can try giving a go online under UNRANKED MODE for a first try, just to get the taste of online racing. ;)

One good tip before going online is that you should familiarise with the tracks, because it will help you remendously. Use shortcuts for maximum advantage. :)
tewic wrote:Thanks. What I'm looking for is a car that's overall good for online play, not like some special car that owns everything at one mode, it needs to be overall good at everything :)
The main cars which are normally used online are the Audi R8, Corvette Z06 and Evo. :)
tewic wrote:edit: I just checked around and it seems like the z06 is one of the best if not the overall best car, is that correct? (saw it in this thread)
The Z06's handling is very off. However, it speeds up ridiculously. I usually use it for Speedtrap races. :)
tewic
Stock
Stock

Post by tewic »

Cool.

So, now I'm completing the career with muscle cars, then I wont get access to Evo, nor the R8, right? Do I have to create an additional career profile and then complete it over again with exotic and then afterwards again with Tuner?
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

you will get the cars eventually (R8 after completing career)

though manual gears can be indeed faster, i didnt bother in carbon and was able to beat all but the "real pros"..

knowing the tracks is indeed one of the most important things when racing online
setups can help but are not that much of a factor, especially if you're just starting

as mentioned, keyboard sucks... i would recommend something like a ps2 styled gamepad, it rocks in NFS

there was 1 gfx option which was great when turned down, it removed some of the trash on the road making it easier.. forgot what it was called though

last but not least; welcome to the forum
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I think the option is world detail. Set it to medium or low to remove the trash of the strrets :D
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

tewic wrote:Cool.

So, now I'm completing the career with muscle cars, then I wont get access to Evo, nor the R8, right? Do I have to create an additional career profile and then complete it over again with exotic and then afterwards again with Tuner?
No. As long as you finish your career mode, everything will be unlocked, no matter which class you use. You will get access of Evo if you complete the career with the Camaro. :)
N_K_B
Ricer
Ricer

Post by N_K_B »

thank u frenzy 4 ur important tips..
thanks u too for ur tip.. Andre_online
i have learn much thing from all u... really thank u...

:roll: :arrow: plz tell me how to preformance tune my car to suit the track..
is their any guide available on the net to tun up the car...
:roll:

the thing that i learn r:
The main cars which are normally used online are the Audi R8, Corvette Z06 and Evo
The Z06's handling is very off.
However, it speeds up ridiculously. I usually use it for Speedtrap races
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Trust me on this one, if you want a REALLY good car to use wether in quick play or online, use the R8.

And, out of every single car, I like the Koenigsegg the best, but I can't use it except in certain challenges
oh snap

Return to “ProStreet”