So... no head-to-head MP in NFSPS?

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Brother Laz
Stock
Stock

So... no head-to-head MP in NFSPS?

Post by Brother Laz »

I watched the multiplayer vid and ...it looks like multiplayer is basically time trials with ghosts, or like diner challenges in TDU without the freedom to create a track layout.

Is this true? Have they really abolished regular head-to-head multiplayer races? :(
Yes, I'm one of those weirdos who plays NFSMW online. The Cobalt SS is sooo underrated.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: So... no head-to-head MP in NFSPS?

Post by YaelDjiel »

im pretty sure the "diner challenges" are just extra and you can still actually race with other people

they just added this stuff so you can race your friends even when they're not playing

(of course do not quote me on it, just an assumption)
TS47
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TS47 »

YaelDjiel wrote:im pretty sure the "diner challenges" are just extra and you can still actually race with other people

they just added this stuff so you can race your friends even when they're not playing

(of course do not quote me on it, just an assumption)
Unfortunately it seems that the "diner challenges" (which are actually called Race Days in PS) are not just extra and are rather the main focus of the online. Which is pretty lame in my opinion. The small "extra" is the regular online mode where you race others in real time and all it gets on the main menu is a "Quick Match" button. That's about it. Kinda sucks, but we'll see how indepth it is, I also rather play with people in real time, rather than lame time trial stuff.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Don't worry, you can do racedays offline (by beating ghost times), or simultaneously online (up to 8 players I think).
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Brother Laz wrote:I watched the multiplayer vid and ...it looks like multiplayer is basically time trials with ghosts, or like diner challenges in TDU without the freedom to create a track layout.

Is this true? Have they really abolished regular head-to-head multiplayer races? :(
Yes, I'm one of those weirdos who plays NFSMW online. The Cobalt SS is sooo underrated.
You can find the asnwers right HERE.

Im sure you will be happy with what you'll read.

Cheers!!! :)
Dragin' is my crack!!!
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

In a video that was posted where EA had a presentation in Prague, they had a tournament, and I am almost positive I saw them racing split screen on the same X-Box 360.

Return to “ProStreet”