PS2 need for speed

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

PS2 need for speed

Post by speed_man »

Can i share my cars on this site if i have need for speed on ps2. if so How???
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Re: PS2 need for speed

Post by race_invader »

Nope sorry you cannot share your cars, PS2 doesn't have a photo unloader on the game or have live to upload it. I may be wrong on that but also if you do wanna share you could always take screen shots with a digital camera from your TV or something and then upload them. :)
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

Ok thnx :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

If not mistaken you can connect a PS2 to a PC and make shots that way.
GT3x24x7 had older NFS games on his PS2 and he had nice quality pics wich he made with a connection with his PC.
I don't know how exactly but it can be done.
Suuby-Roo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Suuby-Roo »

yeah you can make internet conections with a ps2 but i say ditch the ps2 and buy a ps3. i still have my ps2 it was one of the first ones that came out so it's VERY old and now it's just completely conked out like for example when im playing any track on pro street ill hit a point in the road where itll be all shiny like glass and itll say loading, eventually it will load and i can continue playing but then ill hit another one about 5 seconds later. this isnt a problem with the game itself since it is brand new. all i need now is 500 bucks and i can buy a new ps3!*goes off to start sucking doodle for cash*
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Suuby-Roo wrote:yeah you can make internet conections with a ps2 but i say ditch the ps2 and buy a ps3. i still have my ps2 it was one of the first ones that came out so it's VERY old and now it's just completely conked out like for example when im playing any track on pro street ill hit a point in the road where itll be all shiny like glass and itll say loading, eventually it will load and i can continue playing but then ill hit another one about 5 seconds later. this isnt a problem with the game itself since it is brand new. all i need now is 500 bucks and i can buy a new ps3!*goes off to start sucking doodle for cash*
Umm, did you even read the thread before making a shameless plug for the PS3?

The original poster is asking for a way to take screenshots on the PS2, and TheStig said that GT3 could connect his PS2 to his PC and take screenshots that way. It has nothing to do with online or internet connections or anything.

As to how GT3 probably did it: he most likely used a TV-tuner card. They allow video-in, so you can connect the PS2 and get it's video screens on your computer. From there, it's a matter of taking screenshots on the PC.
Thunderous
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Thunderous »

well, i know that nfps doesn't have an online version w/the ps2 and wii. but nfsmw and c do.
Happy Days. SLR McLaren for Life!!!!!
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

Suuby-Roo wrote:yeah you can make internet conections with a ps2 but i say ditch the ps2 and buy a ps3. i still have my ps2 it was one of the first ones that came out so it's VERY old and now it's just completely conked out like for example when im playing any track on pro street ill hit a point in the road where itll be all shiny like glass and itll say loading, eventually it will load and i can continue playing but then ill hit another one about 5 seconds later. this isnt a problem with the game itself since it is brand new. all i need now is 500 bucks and i can buy a new ps3!*goes off to start sucking doodle for cash*
Well this is an kinda old post, and now i do have a ps3.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Okay, i think it's time to change the subject.

Has anyone noticed how crap the graphics are on PS2? I mean, the extent of car damage is about the same as Most wanted. All you get is a smokey bonnet, scratched paint, maybe a dent or two at the most, and a flip if you're lucky.

Last time, I slammed a Dodge Viper at 320km/h into this concrete pylon. In real life, and even Prostreet on PS3/Xbox 360 you would get this massive crumpled bonnet, wheels dislodged, and all I got was scratched paint and what looks like white steam coming out of the engine.

When I bought Prostreet, I expected far more realistic driving/track physics, let alone crashes.

Like, I watched heaps of the trailers, and all of them depicted stunning crashes with wheels flying off, crumpled body frames and so on.

Is this problem only on PS2? #-o #-o :cry: :cry:
oh snap
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

When i bought my ps3 i went out and bought Pro Street for PS3. The Ps3 version is way better than PS2...So yeah i think that problem is only on the PS2. :?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Hook it up to a DVD recorder or PC and record/ take screenshots.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

OK!

Looks like I need that extra $150 AUS dollars to get that 360 and Prostreet.

Jeez, I was really hoping that although maybe it wasn't as good on PS2, at least it would be a tad more realistic. Honestly, I think I should of gotten Carbon Collectors when I had the chance. :?

My holidays just finished and my schoolmates keep on discusing Prostreet. They're all rich(I go to a private school) and they've all got 360s and PS3s. They keep going on about the crowds, the crashes, and everything. Oh, I'm really pissed now. :evil: :evil:

Oh well, thanks anyway!
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

If you PC equals this:
-7600GT
-3.2Ghz P4
- 1 gig RAM

Then you may as well get it on PC if you can't afford a 360. 7600s or ATI equivalents are around $120 AU... mind you, next year you can pretty much forget about gaming on that rig... and my PCs 5 year service life is coming up too... =-S I don't have money...

Return to “ProStreet”