2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: ProStreet Speed Challenge woes!

Post by Gavh2 »

Summ wrote:While we're at it,

Hope this helps =).
Yeah, I know what you mean. I always see the car in front of me and want to go around it but always land up bashing it from behind and breaking my speed. The Nevada desert tracks are a bit on the narrow side to overtake without getting one wheel off the road and onto the dirt which then pulls you off the road. Before I knew the tracks well I would be drawn to the big red signs on the top of a rise just before a turn and it would sometimes confuse me and I'd land up breaking just to be sure.

I hardly ever notice the arrows because I'm so fixated on keeping the car in the middle of the road I just don't notice anything else. I made it to 91% now but, I still keep totaling my car :( I tense up in the races because one has to be so precise and avoid making ANY mistakes. HA, I sometimes stop breathing because I'm so focused on keeping the car on the road :mrgreen:
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

If you don't want to spend any totalled markers... then turn autosave off and save the game only when you win the race! And if you get a free car, get the most expensive one, sell it and buy the one you really want.

But I've actually had a lot of trouble with steering, in my case in almost every event. Drift's sticky steering is too arcady for me, and in drag it doesn't matter to be yet. But in normal races, any car with any upgrades steer too much. I tried by tuning the steering, but doesn't change a lot. The problem is that in the cybercafé I go they have the game in Mexican Spanish, and above that it's poorly translated, so I can't understand some of the choices.

Developers should have made it more progressive - the faster you go, the slower the wheel turns.
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi all!

Here you can find a video I made of Nevada C Track, doing 2m 48.57s, 394 km/h average (246-247 mph).

Sorry for the poor quality, but this was my first experience with YouTube and I wasnt aware that wmv coding would have as consequence very poor quality when converted for Broadcasting! :S Also, for some reason, Fraps didnt record Audio... :S Next will be better! :P

Anyway, I think you can have an idea about how its done! :P I got tired of being called cheater and people exiting the game everytime I raced Speed Challenge, so here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyqW-7IAyVw

Cya all!

Rogério

PS: Gavh2 I didnt forgot about the MW Balck Edition Scans, it's just that the Scanner is at work and I always forgot to bring the Game! Damn! :X
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

...Impressive! I understand why people call you cheater, when you can keep a speed of 402 km/h without nos through practically all of the course! :P.. not sure if it's the car that's good or the setup.. I noticed you never redlined.. is the car incapable of that or is the video encoding so bad it swallows colours? Because when you did use nos, it only accelerated to 402, when it should clearly have been able to go past that.. It kept dancing on that number and never got further, which is what they typically do when redlining.. Another suspicious-looking thing is that I hardly ever felt your car hit a bump on the road.. there are bumps.. loads of them. I know. Everybody knows. Again.. technique or setup? Still, speed notions apart, the run was quite flawless and you should be congratulated on mastering the handling.
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

Here you have a better version with Sound and slight better image quality (if everyone knows who we have to pay in YouTube to get better quality, just say so! LOL):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpOnbmFfRW0

Anyway, 402-403 is the speed limit in the game. The game is capped at 251 mph. That is why the car doesnt go over that speed. In fact that is why this car is the best Speed car (at least before Booster Pack), since it absorves bumps better then any other and has just enough power to reach and keep the speed limit. Mind you that the GT2 gains around 1s to the 911 Turbo during the Race, since it can keep the speed limit even cornering, but it looses 2-2.5s on the start, compared to the Turbo.

Answering your question: Exists a Speed Limit + Great Car + Custom Setup + Wheel = what you see! ;P

Cya!

Rogério
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Yo guys!

If you want to see the above video with full quality, I have upload it to filefront.

You can get it here:

http://files.filefront.com/Nevada+C+SC+ ... einfo.html

Cya! ;)

Rogério

PS: Btw Summ, I forgot to mention this... But setup alone allowed me to cut at least 5s to Total Time in this track.

Return to “ProStreet”