NFSPS - every grip car tested

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFSPS - every grip car tested

Post by YaelDjiel »

ok.. was crazy enough to do it for grip mode as well..

included track and other settings in the file
hope it, again, gives a basic image of what the cars can do
Attachments
NFSPS-Grip.xls
(21 KiB) Downloaded 2134 times
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFSPS - every grip car tested

Post by Summ »

And I =D> you again! Great work there, m8! =) Some surprising results yet again! Who would have thought an Rx-8 would go lower than the Murcielago? Heh.. but then again, it does handle a bit roughly.. so yeah.. Thanks for this =).. now you just need drag! :P
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

considering i cant get below 6.64... not going to do that :P
thanks though
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Very nice, you sure put some effort into it. great to see what they can on average do.
To bad almost every car I have or want for Grip is listed as a horrible car :lol:

Think I will get the RX8, just to see how it feels, and maybe I can get some decent times with it
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

what is a horrible car to me, may not be horrible to you :P
and with many of the cars, you can tune out a lot of flaws... IF you know what you're doing of course
e.g.: the WRX can be really good if you adjust the gears and make sure it doesnt stop accelerating once you shift to 5th gear
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gavh2 »

nice! Now onto the drags and speed right??!!! You can't stop here :mrgreen:
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

rofl@ gavh2

hey mate, great work, too much spare time? :) thanks
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

YaelDjiel wrote:what is a horrible car to me, may not be horrible to you :P
and with many of the cars, you can tune out a lot of flaws... IF you know what you're doing of course
e.g.: the WRX can be really good if you adjust the gears and make sure it doesnt stop accelerating once you shift to 5th gear
True, but I have the bad habbit of choosing cars only by looks and not by wich is faster...
I personally love the 240SX but it simply isn't fast enough it tops out at 260 km and on several tracks that simply isn't enough (only have engine lvl4)
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi YaelDjiel!

Great work! :)

I did some of my testing to see which Grip Car was better. I didnt use all cars, just the ones I felt were good enough. Also, I used 3 Tracks, a slow, a medium and a fast track.

My fast Track was precisely Willow Springs GP Circuit Reverse! ;)

Now, you are with keyboard, correct? I ask this because my results were quite different. With a (only) Stage 3 Zonda, Default Setup & NO NOS, I did 48.4s, which put Zonda the only car below 50s. Then, still with Default Setup and without NOS, but using Stage 4 parts, I got to the conclusion that the Top 5 were more or less like this: Ford GT (almost undrivable with default setup, due to oversteering); EVO X; Porsche 911 Turbo; LP640. I dont recall the times very well, besides EVO X with which I know I did 53s low.

Anyway, outstading job, for sure took a lot of patiente and time. Just people that uses different controllers, may have big differences in testings, and its important for everyone to realise that. So, guys, never stop doing your own testing! ;)

Rogério
Frenzy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Frenzy »

AFAIK, Yael uses a Logitech Rumblepad II. So not a keyboard then.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

that is correct Frenzy

VG_Speed, i never said i was the best racer around and surely there are people much faster than myself (you are one of them apparently :) )
also, these runs were not perfect in any way (i just bought the car and took it to the track without any sort of practice and/or preperation) and were just made to provide basic results of the car's performances
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Yo!

Ok, since you had no preparation whatsoever, I guess it makes sense the difference in times.
I usually do 2-3 runs on each track with each car.

Anyway, yesterday I noted that I did most of my tests with the wrong wheel settings, because of also be testing Speed Challenge! LOL :| I went on track and just tested the Default Zonda now Stage 4 and 911 Turbo Default Stage 4. Improved to 47.0s the 1st and 52.0s the second.

But the most relevant yesterday, was the fact I almost broke the 2m 50s barrier in Nevada C Speed Challenge and with a car that nobody has consider for this kind of racing! Eheh! Even yesterday when I went Online the Lambo Armada was calling cheater. But then again, what else is new Online?

Thanks again for the great testing you did! That RX-8 time really surprised me, relative to what you got with other cars! ;)

Rogério
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

Gives me a big heads up on what I need to look for near the end of the game. I spent the longest time in a Cobalt, but it just was not cutting it against the Grip King. No car has stood up to that first car, with my driving style, until I caved and tried the Civic. Maybe I will comb your list for a better car than the one I hate the most.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

if anyone else has some spare times, could also add other comments of cars, different from Yael's ones.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

How do I fix the RX8 from being very nervous, it does steer very fast and in general the handling is pretty good, but it is pretty nervous and wants to slide alot. I got it all lvl3 and well I am not going to cheat to get it to lvl4 only the right way :D
But what tuning setups help to get the RX8 more stable.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

did you tried to stiffen the suspension?
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

rollbar and steering ratio might help?
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Sigh.. I'm experiencing severe problems getting to the grip king. My Rx-7, which served med so well up through the career, falls short on the last race day, due to that Rudy Chen character and his pumped up 911.. I can mostly beat the rest of the gang, but that guy wipes the floor with me every time, except 2-3 races.. but that's not enough to dominate, if you end up 2nd or 3rd or last in the other races. I tuned my car as good as I could.. doesn't get any faster than this.. it's a matter of extremely tricky tracks. They bring out the worst in all the cars that have a slight tendency to understeer, and decimate all those that have actual issues with it.. My Murcielago was the weapon I used to kill Ryo, as my Rx-7 simply wasn't fast enough to ever catch up with Ryo, but it's doomed on those crap tracks with 1000 turns and no speed. What did you guys use to get to the grip king? Yael's stats indicate the Rx-8 is a good choice.. any other opinions?
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

i used Elise the first time, worked pretty well
though that 911 is one tough d00d i must agree
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Yeah.. tried that.. sadly I found the Elise to understeer a lot on that track.. but then again, most cars did.. and I think it was more of an issue with the game and my controls - lock up sort of thing.. still, sold the Elise and got an Rx-8.. hope it works..

EDIT: Ok... the Rx-8 has officially been bumped up on my list of recommendations! I beat the 911 guy hands down with this puppy! I don't know if it was the widebody kit that made the difference (installed it on the Rx-8, but not on the Rx-7) but whatever it was, I just took the race day home! A definite winner! Sublime handling and supreme speed! What more can you ask of a car? And I thought the Rx-7 handled well.. the Rx-8 is basically an upgraded model of the Rx-7 in this game.. does this hold true in real life as well, I wonder?

Anyway, thanks a lot for this thread, Yael! Without it, I wouldn't have had a clue what to go for, and I would never have guessed the Rx-8, which made it possible to go on =). Cheers m8!
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

glad it helped :)
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I need a really good grip car for Ryo, and can you give me a link for a drift car analysis, I'm having trouble there as well; I've currently got a supra but it's not really cutting it. For my grip car I had the R35 GTR, but that was too slow with the stage 4 parts although the handling was like it was on rails, however Ryos Evo got the better of me on the straights on the first time attack. Then I switched to an R34 but I put too much power into it if there is such a thing, kept on burning the rears and oversteering so I switched it to my Speed car, worked like a charm, then finally I worked backwards, saved all my cash and nabbed an LP640... with not enough money for performance parts and now I'm back to square one... Am a likin your list Yael, but to me the Evo IX sounds the better deal, short gears will be perfect for that first time attack against Ryo. Any objections?
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:give me a link for a drift car analysis, I'm having trouble there as well;
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15533

Personally I used my Murcielago (fully upgraded and tuned, though) to beat Ryo. It was sub-optimal for the curves, but Christ.. that thing can pull on the straights! Ryo shrunk to nothing in my rearview mirror as soon as the track straightened out. Thankfully the curves aren't many, nor are they very sharp.. so yeah.. the Murcielago is one way to go. If you need a cheap car, try the Rx-8.. needs to be buffed with upgrades, of course, but hey.. once you get it to stage 3, it will most likely pass Ryo through the grinder.. just like the rest =).
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Summ wrote:Sigh.. I'm experiencing severe problems getting to the grip king. My Rx-7, which served med so well up through the career, falls short on the last race day, due to that Rudy Chen character and his pumped up 911.. I can mostly beat the rest of the gang, but that guy wipes the floor with me every time, except 2-3 races..
I had exactly the same problem, had no problem beating the Cosworth or the S4 but the pumped up 911 was just constantly ahead of me....

So I came to the conclusion that I should use the old motto:
If you can't beat them, join them.
So I sold my 911 GT2 (wich sadly performed way under what it should do) and bough myself a nice 911 Turbo. I didn't even had all lvl3 parts on it (stock suspension, stock brakes (still are stock cause the stock ones simply look better) but I simply blew past the other cars, the fact that it has AWD makes it exelent at the start, and from there on it was not hard to keep ahead.

The Gripking was almost a joke, I didn't even have to try hard.
RYO was abit harder but I also managed to beat him in grip races with relative ease (exept the last race he gave me a run for my money)

IMO the 911 Turbo is a awsome car, it's stable, has a good acceleration and corners simply great. didn't even think about the RX8 after I got my 911.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Here is a tip... what u cant beat... kill!
I didnt play that Pro Street much but i remember that it had some really hard races. Basicly if u race against corvette, thats hard. So what i found useful sometime is to get the R35 witch has best take off in the game imo and crush the opponent/boss. Once you total him, keep on driving, nice and smooth.

Return to “ProStreet”