Trouble winning the Speed Challenges in the NEVADA tracks?

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
aryamen
Ricer
Ricer

Trouble winning the Speed Challenges in the NEVADA tracks?

Post by aryamen »

i've tested many cars on the nevada speed challenge tracks but i can't seem to win because my cars allways get totalled...anyways, i recently tried the NISSAN GT-R (R35) (full uppgrade: stage 3-4) and i have to say im pleased...very good handling but not that powerful though which seems to be the reason for why I allways loose because of the difficulties in steering.

so have a go and see how it handles the road...
AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+
2GB DDR-RAM
nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 512MB
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Trouble winning the Speed Challenges in the NEVADA tracks?

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

The best Speed Challenge Cars are the Porsches, especially the 911 Turbo due to what it's 4WD allow at the start. I did a video with a 911 Turbo using a custom setup, namely suspension wise (a few hours of testing just there), that basically allows to be flat out the entire Nevada C! ;)

Check the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpOnbmFfRW0

Or download it here:

http://files.filefront.com/Nevada+C+SC+ ... einfo.html

Cya!

Rogério
ruffkid101
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ruffkid101 »

try concept olsen wheels for traction
let go of the accelaration if you think your going too fast
never brake hard or handbrake
hardvibes00
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hardvibes00 »

ruffkid101 wrote:try concept olsen wheels for traction
uh??? Wheels dont affect tuning! :? :? :?
aryamen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by aryamen »

VG_Speed wrote:Hi!

The best Speed Challenge Cars are the Porsches, especially the 911 Turbo due to what it's 4WD allow at the start. I did a video with a 911 Turbo using a custom setup, namely suspension wise (a few hours of testing just there), that basically allows to be flat out the entire Nevada C! ;)

Check the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpOnbmFfRW0

Or download it here:

http://files.filefront.com/Nevada+C+SC+ ... einfo.html

Cya!

Rogério
could you please post all the setup, tuning setup and perfomance parts for your 911 turbo...give me the works. how did you manage to stay on the road and drive through the entire track flawlessly? thanks!
AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+
2GB DDR-RAM
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

What controller do you use? Wheel, Gamepad or Keyboard?

Rogério
aryamen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by aryamen »

if you're asking me, i'm using the keyboard but i'm SERIOUSLY considering buying a steering wheel as the speed challenges seems to be very hard to win.
AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+
2GB DDR-RAM
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

aryamen wrote:if you're asking me, i'm using the keyboard but i'm SERIOUSLY considering buying a steering wheel as the speed challenges seems to be very hard to win.
Yeah, I was! Eheh! :P

Well, with Keyboard is impossible to do what you see in that video, at least in v1.0 of the game. I heard that v1.1 the steering is completly f*** for analog devices, in Speed Challenge, maybe it will work with digital ones...

Anyway, I have many years of Gaming and usually I dont share setups, because I dont agree with give "all the work done", since this way people doesnt test, doesnt improve and that is bad because the level of the players stays the same! :P

But sense they have the wonderful Blueprints and this isnt my Game Mode anyway, I will share the Blueprint with you. Just add me in your game: "VGSpeedPro".

Cya! ;)

Rogério
Frenzy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Frenzy »

Yep tghe steering in v1.1 is like (pardon the ascii)

Code: Select all

LEFT------------------0------------------RIGHT
With hyphens being no response whatsoever.

EDIT: Oh, and would you mind sharing the blueprint with me too (i'm jbuk2007)
Xantos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Xantos »

Nevada tracks are tough but can be completed with ease. I personally used a heavily modified Viper with which had an average speed of 380km/h (403km/h on straight parts of the track). Bumps are very nasty, so consider getting your Suspension settings a bit on the softer side.

My gamepad behaves differently with 1.1. It seems as if response curve is exponential instead of linear. For me personally it went from moving the knob by milimeters (too responsive) to moving them halfway to the max to get the same effect. Quite odd..
I feel the need, the need for speed!
ruffkid101
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ruffkid101 »

hard to complet with normal gamepad (ps2 pad)
i found that the heavier the car the more controll available as i found the Audi S4 is quite controlable with level 3 part (dont no bout level 4)
soft suspension is advised (causion Porche 911 turbo is not controlable with gamepad (no offence to VG) i think the LP640 might perform better than the 911 turbo using wheel
flatlandfreak66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by flatlandfreak66 »

how did you get your porsche 911 turbo to go 402 mph VG_speed??

no matter what i do in tuning its top speed won't go past 250mph, is it because i installed the booster pack.

come on man let me know your secret of speed!!! :lol: :lol: [-o< [-o<
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

flatlandfreak66 wrote:how did you get your porsche 911 turbo to go 402 mph VG_speed??

no matter what i do in tuning its top speed won't go past 250mph, is it because i installed the booster pack.
It's 402 kmh. Which is the same as 250 mph.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

HAHAHA LOL.

402 MPH that would be crazy.

funny to see that some people forget that not the whole world uses MPH (or to be more specific, most of the world doesn't use miles)
Suuby-Roo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Suuby-Roo »

yeah i was watching that video and was like 400+ mph? holy shiznit!!?!!??! then i was like oh wait ...kmh. but still it looks like he is going faster than i am when im playing on my ps2 and i go 200+ almost the whole way.personally for the speed tracks i like the GT i also use the zonda but find the zonda over steers slightly, ill go fix that soon. but for anyone who dosent want to deal with tuning i think the GT is the best bet. ill have to go buy the 911 when i have the cash again
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Must admit, I liked the Porky 911 Turbo, until I tried the Nissan Skyline GTR R34.

For me, the Skyline wins hands down (just be careful over bumps/jumps). I was kicking AI bum with stock tuning (mostly level 3, some level 4 parts) except for steering, which I set to STIFF and ride height at its lowest setting (which might be causing some of the landing problems I encountered - just ease of the gas over jumps, its fine!). And easy 250MPH when you want it.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

aryamen wrote:i've tested many cars on the nevada speed challenge tracks but i can't seem to win because my cars allways get totalled...anyways, i recently tried the NISSAN GT-R (R35) (full uppgrade: stage 3-4) and i have to say im pleased...very good handling but not that powerful though which seems to be the reason for why I allways loose because of the difficulties in steering.

so have a go and see how it handles the road...
First off, you don't really want the R35. The only mode it's really good for is Grip where it's got handling to match the 911 Turbo and enough speed for most of the course in the game.
DarrenR21373 wrote:Must admit, I liked the Porky 911 Turbo, until I tried the Nissan Skyline GTR R34.

For me, the Skyline wins hands down (just be careful over bumps/jumps). I was kicking AI bum with stock tuning (mostly level 3, some level 4 parts) except for steering, which I set to STIFF and ride height at its lowest setting (which might be causing some of the landing problems I encountered - just ease of the gas over jumps, its fine!). And easy 250MPH when you want it.
Amen to that Darren, when you're on Nevada C with the massive hill before the first checkpoint, slow down to about 155mph so you don't f-up the landing and total your car, then kick in the NOS and because the R34 already has INSANE acceleration you'll be topping out in no time. However, since it naturally sticks to the road with all Stage 4 parts, you can give up some handling to soften up the shocks, trust me, you'll need it. Oh and by the way, no car can go faster than 250mph/403kph. Not even the Zonda. So save your money and buy the 30 grand R34. You'll like it in the end, trust me!
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Just take them easy... they're insanely hard tracks, with little room for error and devious jumps to catch you off guard, combined with suicidal AI (Some guy ran off the road, and pulled out in front of me after I went through a trap at 430km/h... was winning the event b a lot but the incompetent #@!* totaled me.
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

It's not a Nevada Track, but I dont think you will bother and create another topic for this doesnt make sense! ;P

This is my new video in Speed Challenge. See it like the little brother of the one I have also refered here. Again I think some of you never thought this would be possible, but 911 Turbo is also good out of Nevada! ;P

Use YouTube for Preview and Filefront for High Quality, if you want it! ;)

Autobahnring C Speed Challenge under 2m!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN-HVgoUaNE
http://files.filefront.com/Autobahnring ... einfo.html

Hope you enjoy! :)

Rogério

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=VGSpeedPro
http://hosted.filefront.com/VGSpeedPro

Return to “ProStreet”