Your impression after install patch 1.1

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Your impression after install patch 1.1

Post by fasttasf »

I knew it is too good to be true, the moment I see that fat doodiehead producer bragging about the new extender pack on GT, I had a mixed feeling about what was to come. This patch is an absolute pile of smelly shiznit! Here's why you shouldn't intall it:
1. unlockallthings code doesn't work anymore, means you are stuck with level 3 parts, I suspect they delibrately did that to make you pay to get level4 parts, firetruck bastards!
2. existing bonus cars such as nsx and rs4 will disappear from the car lot after installing the new patch
3. the supposed new cars are no where to be found, the ea uk website is a shiznit!
4. game statistics and scoring mechanism is messed up by this patch, I was doing 6000+ points in drifting when the in game commentator says he's disappointed, firetruck him! I was lapping other cars in time attack, and I came back 3rd.

OVERALL Impression, -1trillion out of 5, typical EA, just can't help firetruck a good game up! Don't install the patch, and learn hex-editing to add the hidden cars to your unpatched game, it'll be a lot more fun, and gives you an edge on online competition because you can have cars with all level 4 parts!
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

fasttasf wrote:I knew it is too good to be true, the moment I see that fat doodiehead producer bragging about the new extender pack on GT, I had a mixed feeling about what was to come. This patch is an absolute pile of smelly shiznit! Here's why you shouldn't intall it:
1. unlockallthings code doesn't work anymore, means you are stuck with level 3 parts, I suspect they delibrately did that to make you pay to get level4 parts, firetruck bastards!
2. existing bonus cars such as nsx and rs4 will disappear from the car lot after installing the new patch
3. the supposed new cars are no where to be found, the ea uk website is a shiznit!
4. game statistics and scoring mechanism is messed up by this patch, I was doing 6000+ points in drifting when the in game commentator says he's disappointed, firetruck him! I was lapping other cars in time attack, and I came back 3rd.

OVERALL Impression, -1trillion out of 5, typical EA, just can't help firetruck a good game up! Don't install the patch, and learn hex-editing to add the hidden cars to your unpatched game, it'll be a lot more fun, and gives you an edge on online competition because you can have cars with all level 4 parts!
agree f@%%^%$# EA my head is boiling right now!!
i want to hit the ea bastard right in the face it doesn t help but i sure would feel good
Argentum47
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Argentum47 »

Can we customize and tune the F1?I'm reinstalling the game now cuz the patch was really f*@!# up (i use the wrong one :cry: )
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Yes you can. Looky here.
Xantos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Xantos »

Hm...we got two cars? When are the rest of them coming?
I feel the need, the need for speed!
Argentum47
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Argentum47 »

Thanks man,there should be no bug i wish :D .Do u guys think that EA bastard will soon release another patch with completed cars(and of course these can be bought legally)
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Ah yes, another bug - pleasant this time :P - is that now, no matter the race day, if I wreck my car, repair costs are 0 and if you pay in cash instead of markers, you effectively don't pay a thing.. #-o =D>
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Summ wrote:Ah yes, another bug - pleasant this time :P - is that now, no matter the race day, if I wreck my car, repair costs are 0 and if you pay in cash instead of markers, you effectively don't pay a thing.. #-o =D>
I don't think thats a bug after the patch, coz I also had that on my Xbox360 without the new update (coz its not out for Xbox360 =.=)
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Seriously? Before the patch, you usually had two ways of repairing your car, when damaged.. cash or markers.. and actual numbers showed up for cash, and it did actually sink your balance to repair your ride. Right now, though, it doesn't cost a thing. Repair costs are all 0, no matter how much you damage your car, from a scratch to a total.. repair costs are 0.. only way to explain that is a bug..
Ruffkid
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Ruffkid »

the patch is crap
currupted my save file and the whole game
needed to reinstall my whole system windows and every thing for it prostreet to work again
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Summ wrote:Seriously? Before the patch, you usually had two ways of repairing your car, when damaged.. cash or markers.. and actual numbers showed up for cash, and it did actually sink your balance to repair your ride. Right now, though, it doesn't cost a thing. Repair costs are all 0, no matter how much you damage your car, from a scratch to a total.. repair costs are 0.. only way to explain that is a bug..
Yep. I think its caused by the codes, maybe ur case is different.. my career savegame which I use the "unlockallthings" code gets that, 0 for any damage to your car. now I've created another career, it's gone.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

It's funny, because I used the 'unlockallthings' once in this career, a while ago.. just to see what was available and to upgrade my drag supra so I could see, if I could achieve some results similar to those found in the drag thread. But then I rebooted my game and kept playing and it was just back to normal. No errors, at all, until I recently installed that 1.1 patch.. after I installed that, it messed up my damage readings. I don't complain.. I'm stashing enough cash to buy myself a zonda soon.. or upgrade some cars I left stock.. but I imagine I will grow bored of no consequences for wrecking, eventually.. so I hope they get this fixed soon..
flatlandfreak66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by flatlandfreak66 »

1. the shadows won't stop blinking #-o

2. my fps dropped from 55 to 30 :cry:

3. WHERE ARE THE EXTRA CARS???? :evil:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

About the FPS drop, is Vsync on? And why isn't there a collectors edition? I'm tempted to reinstall because the game is more fobbed than it was before the patch.
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

For what I could learn so far, it seems the 30 fps Block only happens in AMD Athlon 64 Systems.

Cya!

Rogério
SAAM007
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SAAM007 »

baumaxx1 wrote:About the FPS drop, is Vsync on? And why isn't there a collectors edition? I'm tempted to reinstall because the game is more fobbed than it was before the patch.
Don't go back for collectors edition because you can have all 76 cars now:
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15696
NFS Pro Street exe patch/ career patch/ 100% career
http://www.saam007.com/pages/nfsps.php
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi guys!

So far had no problems with v1.1 except for the 30 fps lock, which I knew I would have due to the fact I am using an AMD Processor.

Controler wise, in Speed and Grip if there are differences is for the better, or at least equal. Drag seems more or less the same, but just tried once. Drift feels different, but I only tested in Leipzig Drift Tracks. I mean, I have to use the break now to balance the car from one side do the other, something that in v1.0 I never had do to, Handbreak and Steering would be enough. But it's more fun now! :P

I saw a couple of the new Cars being raced by the IA with some bugs. The new Tracks seem ok, although the new Japanese Speed Tracks are a little over the edge for this kind of competition, as it was said already, but at the same time is refreshing.

The game is more stable especially when sharing blueprints and stuff, at least in my case.

On a curious note, say that I saw IA racing a GT3 RS with more horsepower then a 911 Turbo can get, what I felt was interesting. Cant wait to test that car.

Finally, the new Racedays in the Japonese Highway are the best to win money. Is possible do Dominate the Event in 3-4 Races, which means winning almost 150.000 credits each time you do it (if I didnt dream it, since I was pretty beaten up when I tested it! LOL).

If it wasnt for the 30 fps lock would be really good upgrade, at least in my System.

Cya!

Rogério

hhtp://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=VGSpeedPro
http://hosted.filefront.com/VGSpeedPro
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

VG_Speed wrote:Hi!

For what I could learn so far, it seems the 30 fps Block only happens in AMD Athlon 64 Systems.

Cya!

Rogério
Something interesting though, Fraps says that the framerate isn't goimg above 30fps, with my Core2Duo :?
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Summ wrote: No errors, at all, until I recently installed that 1.1 patch.. after I installed that, it messed up my damage readings. I don't complain.. I'm stashing enough cash to buy myself a zonda soon.. or upgrade some cars I left stock.. but I imagine I will grow bored of no consequences for wrecking, eventually.. so I hope they get this fixed soon..
This is even funnier (IMHO) - I played through the game, patch 1.1 installed, and had to pay for damage every time I wrecked/traded paint, etc etc.

However, since I've beaten all 4 Queens and Ryo Wannabe, my damage is now also repaired for free :D Could have done with this earlier so I could have afforded a Zonda before completing career :roll:

Or maybe this is "As Designed"? (Games Developer's code for "Bug We Can't be Bothered to Fix")
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

That would actually make sense.. would be a way to actually reward players for finishing the game. Here, you're done.. you have only this and this and this car.. we know we have included insanely priced upgrades, so here's the deal.. you don't get to repair your wrecks ever again and stash money quickly, so you can more easily jerk around with new cars!

Yeah.. could be by design..
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

powerof1000 wrote:
VG_Speed wrote:Hi!

Cya!

Rogério
Something interesting though, Fraps says that the framerate isn't goimg above 30fps, with my Core2Duo :?
I had been told it just happened with AMD... :S Maybe I was missinformed... :S

Rogério
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

im on intel.. and 30fps limit here too.. so nope
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

It's better now... got the codes working, and my performace is actually better.
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

Alyxander wrote:Ive had no complaints with the update, even though all information surrounding it from ea has disapered. What suprised me was that in some of the race days i was competing in on my career file had all the unreleased cars racing against me. I tried the crash test (smash them up to see if they have functioning damage mapping) which they all did, i came up against a honda s2000, an aston martin db9, lamborgini gallardo. mercedes sl55 amg, and the unreleased porche models and the audi rs.
( my nismo style 350z canned all of them :P)
has anyone else experienced this?
or something similar, ive yet to encounter the koegnigsegg ccs.
and im not miles into the game.
Yeah, that's weird, I thought I was going to get McLaren F1, Veyron and all of those you said, but all I got was Cupra and Road Runner :|
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

According to the EA info (when it was available), the Booster Pack contains the Leipzig and Tokyo Expressway tracks, and the Plymouth Road Runner and Seat Leon Cupra. The additional cars (Bugatti Veyron etc.) are meant as additional purchasable downloads.

The users here have found a way to unlock those cars. Look here.

Return to “ProStreet”