Maxed evo - tuning settings?

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
selder
Ricer
Ricer

Maxed evo - tuning settings?

Post by selder »

I don't know the first thing about tuning, so I was wondering if someone could help me get the maximum performance out of my Evo.

I just slided all the sliders on the engine and the gearbox to the right, and this is the result:

Can it get any better than this?
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Maxed evo - tuning settings?

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

Horsepower wise, I am guessing you are around the best you can get.

But anyway, Suspension settings allow you to gain more time per lap in Grip then Engine settings. So test them. Use Practise Mode in a track of your choice.

Also, remember that having Wide Body Kit may not be better then Stock one, on some tracks. Also, Stage 3 Parts may not be always better then Stage 2 Parts.

If you want to really make a "true" setup, all these stuff must be tested.

Cya!

Rogério
selder
Ricer
Ricer

Post by selder »

Ah, i thought the suspension didn't have effect on the maximum speed, only on the handling ... this that first thing I was talking about ... that thing I didn't know anything about :p

Both cars(grip and speed) are kitted with all the level4 parts.

For grip I have tuned all the suspension to maximum "stiffness", and for speed about 25% "loose", tire pressure is maximum for both.

So there is no "golden tuning setting" that you can use for each car? Every car is something else?
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Every car is something else in real life, because every car is constructed in a different way, with different balance equations and power curves, amongst a hundred thousand other things. In this game cars are different, but all remind somewhat of each other. There are some general pointers to give, but the game does a perfectly good job of giving them itself. I doubt anyone on this forum can add much more to it than what you find ingame by querying the various settings.

What Rogerio means is that tuning your handling increases your chances at keeping a decent average speed through the track, which eventually translates into better times altogether. What works and doesn't work depends on the individual driver and his driving style. There's really no way around it. If you want max performance, you've got to get your hands dirty and find out what works best for you =). That means practice, tune, practice, tune.. for each car.. for each track. Once you're confident, take the race. Only then.

I think one of the only pointers I would like to give is the following riddle for you to think about. If you have two completely equal cars, but tuned differently, which of them do you think is going to post the fastest time?
1 - max bhp (say 1000, just to say a number), achieved with long gears. On the longest straight it barely hits 5th gear and it accelerates slowly through the gears.
2 - half the bhp (that would be 500), achieved by shortening the gears and the final drive to the shortest possible. On the longest straight it redlines 6th gear and it goes through all the lower gears like lightning.

Return to “ProStreet”