Stalling at drag starts...

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Brother Laz
Stock
Stock

Stalling at drag starts...

Post by Brother Laz »

I'm having this annoying problem where no matter if I am in (or near) the green zone, when I shift into first my car just stalls and revs drop down to halfway between zero and the green zone before slowly picking up again. In the meantime, the other car builds up a lead until I finally manage to overtake in the highest gear, resulting in me losing every 1/4 drag and winning every 1/2 drag.

I tried tuning the car, but I don't have a clue what could be causing this issue, and a trial and error approach would mean that I'd probably win (or lose) every race day before I finally figure it out.

This led to me selling my Cobalt and spending all my money on upgrading a Roadrunner ($0 bug ftw), which then proceeded to do the same thing.

Bleh. :evil:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Stalling at drag starts...

Post by prince1142003 »

In a race day, go do practice runs on the track. You'll be able to access tuning options for the car and can adjust accordingly. Go to the pause menu, and you'll see Car Tuning.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Brother Laz wrote:I'm having this annoying problem where no matter if I am in (or near) the green zone, when I shift into first my car just stalls and revs drop down to halfway between zero and the green zone before slowly picking up again. In the meantime, the other car builds up a lead until I finally manage to overtake in the highest gear, resulting in me losing every 1/4 drag and winning every 1/2 drag.

I tried tuning the car, but I don't have a clue what could be causing this issue, and a trial and error approach would mean that I'd probably win (or lose) every race day before I finally figure it out.

This led to me selling my Cobalt and spending all my money on upgrading a Roadrunner ($0 bug ftw), which then proceeded to do the same thing.

Bleh. :evil:
This is why all the starting cars are EVIL for drag. Do yourself a favour, type in WORLDSLONGESTLASTING and get the Enrgizer SRT-10, then tune it as much as you can for Drag. It's a bit sluggish in first gear, but if you set boost to maximum, you'll be dandy.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Cheaters....
Anyway, higher boost, I think the boost settings are mainly for control so there isn't a massive power surge when accelerating, retard the cam timing to give more low end grunt, lower the final drive ratio to give better acceleration, shorten the gear...
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Another thing that I've noticed happen a few times is that if you shift into first just a tad too early, but not early enough to jump the start, the car sometimes tries to take off in 2nd gear.

I thought it was me when it first happened, but it's happened a few times since. Wondered if maybe I'd held onto the shift up button too long, but I now suspect it could possibly be an "Undocumented Feature" (i.e. BUG) :roll:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

nah... never had that,
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

What I did notice is when I use my NSX, and I have a max grip burnout, that the chance that I get a false start is very high.
At first I tought it was a coincidence but it happened almost every time I had a max grip.
I even had a false start when I didn't even touched the accelerator (had it in 1st tough)
And it only happens in the NSX, I hardly ever have a false start in a other car.. :?
In most cars I countdown (with lights) and as soon as it has to turn green (wich is does) I go (wich I should) and it is almost always exactly right, but when I do that with the NSX it get a false start, same with the girls I go when their hands go/are down and it is almost always good but with the NSX I get a false start when I am sure that her hands where down....
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

I used to have that problem with the random revs in my Chevelle SS

I fixed it by setting the first gear shorter and then putting on high-end boost.

Also, check that your car isn't on LOW-end boost! :roll:
oh snap
setsunakute
Ricer
Ricer

Post by setsunakute »

Your first gear is too wide. It has nothing to do with compressor boost (at least it shouldn't if it were modestly enough).
Turismo 4

Return to “ProStreet”