Sector Shootout Difficulties: Pro Street

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
00bluees
Ricer
Ricer

Sector Shootout Difficulties: Pro Street

Post by 00bluees »

is it just me or are the sector shootouts the hardest thing in this game. i have had the game about a week and have 1 more raceday in react team sessions in career and so far (since i've gotten used to drifting more) the thing that is the most difficult, or at least makes the least sense, is the sector races. i started with the 240sx and had no real issues winning the sector shootouts but was only 1st place by 200ish points.(sometimes i would win by over 1000) considering in the other races i would beat the AI by miles and at least 5 seconds in the time trials i couldn't get why the sector shootouts were so hard. then at autobahnring 2 raceday the sector shootout i can't get past 3rd place. i used the 240 but got outrun on the long downhill section of the course and couldn't dominate any of the sectors. then i upgraded my grip car to a STI with now 620bhp and the same result. i use nitrous down the long section but still end up not getting 2 sectors by 20-50pts. i mean i pass all of the cars except maybe the first guy to start and hes not even the one with the most points. am I missing something. i guess i'll just keep trying and will eventually get it but i mean wtf? anyone else have the same views? just so you know i race on king with only abs. no tcs or stm or racing line or arrows. (i'm a forza 2 guy)

p.s. i still love the game although is has A LOT of room for improvement, and i also like this site. and the forums are very helpful in most cases.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Re: Sector Shootout Difficulties: Pro Street

Post by donaldgladden »

thats just the AI "Cheating" with catch up mode. Only thing i would suggest is to "Cheat" yourself and cut the corners unless your on chicago airfield.
Muck
Stock
Stock

Post by Muck »

in my perception you get less points with more horsepower
i suggest using a low horsepower high handling car (like the elise) and setting the end boost to minimum
I get with an Elise much better results than with a zonda, even on high speed tracks
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

You can dominate all the sectors easily in Battle Machine and React, with a Viper SRT-10 (WORLDSLONGESTLASTING or UNLOCKALLTHINGS if you don't feel like saving), with all Stage 4 parts. However, it can wheellspin a lot, and it has a lot of torque, so tune suspension and brakes to understeer (use the "View Details" button to help), and set Cam Timing and boost to maximum settings. Other than that, the best overall grip cars are probably the R35 GTR (or Proto, don't know which is more powerful) and the 911 Turbo. Use those, and tune if necessary.
00bluees
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 00bluees »

i beat the race on autobahnring 2 , being the one i couldn't beat. took me a few more tries and totaled my 240sx(after i boosted it to 277bhp) 3 times but i got lucky and won. i was able to get some sectors and one guy who would have been in second (kept breaking my records) totaled himself. and not to bash anyone, i don't believe in using cheats in games (unless i rent them, then maybe) its just a waste in my mind. i can't get myself to spend $60 on a game then not truly beat it because i used cheats. just my 2 cents.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

That's all well and good, but just remember that it can be extremely hard to make money in Pro Street. Sure, I cheat, but put it this way, I still haven't beaten Ryo or all of the race days yet...
Frenzy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Frenzy »

Shuto Expressway race days in the booster reward higher than showdown3 (60k/dominate vs 50k/dominate). Probably the fastest way to make money, and fun tracks too.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

That's all well and good too, but some people (ie. anybody that has a console) can't get the booster pack....

If you want all the stage 4 parts, the only real way without having to go around tediously trying to find them with markers, is also by cheating...
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

My experience on Sector Shootout

Fast, easy tracks- save all your NOS until the SECOND lap, and then use it all on the straight bits. this also applies to timed races. This works because the more sectors you dominate on 1 lap, the better you fare. One on the keys is NOT to be leading at ALL during the race (as in position, not points) because a) the opponents can slipstream off you and b) they use catchup (sometimes).

Hard, twisty tracks- don't push too hard on the first 2 laps. try to get a feel of the track but still dominate at leat 1 sector. Once you think that you know most on the corners, push really hard, a if you're behind the others, tuck in close and whiplash past them with slipstream.

The only problem with those strategies is that on some of the races, especially Ray Kreiger, they accumalate too many points beforehand.

In that case, just try your hardest on all the laps except the first

That's the way i do it, anyway...
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

You need to get the sectors perfect, so know your track and car, and try to get as many points as possible in the beginning to minimize your opponents lead. I had a R35 GTR and I managed to dominate the whole track on the first lap against ryo. Little errors cost you points, so don't make many. Also. make sure your car is up to scratch.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Hmm, I've never had a problem with sector shootouts. I almost always get at least 3 sectors dominated, so I still win the race.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

Sector Shootout is all about knowing the track and the car.

1st Lap go just enough to overtake the PC cars. Break even before the point poles. Dont use NOS!
2nd Lap go the best you can, again not using NOS!
3rd Lap go the best you can + NOS everytime you can use!

Sometimes there are sectors were NOS is impossible to use. In these cases, you should slow also in 2nd Lap, on those sectors, in order to enable you to be certain to break the sector in the final Lap.

Using this technic and with a 911 Turbo, I usually score 11k to 12k points. My record is above 12k (it really depends on the track).

Cya!

Rogério

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=VGSpeedPro
http://hosted.filefront.com/VGSpeedPro

Return to “ProStreet”