ProStreet car team, help/tips? *update*I am the street king!

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Kasaioni
Ricer
Ricer

ProStreet car team, help/tips? *update*I am the street king!

Post by Kasaioni »

I am the Street King! As of 10:44:08pm last night! Thanks for all the help. These are the cars I used to beat the Kings and Ryo:

Grip: Porche 911
Drift: AE86
Drag: 240sx
Weelie: Chevelle SS
Speed: Skyline
Last edited by Kasaioni on 02 Feb 2008, 20:45, edited 5 times in total.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Re: My ProStreet car team, help/tips?

Post by baumaxx1 »

Your grip car is good.

The Rx7 for drift... can be tricky. I actually prefer the Rx8 because it understeers, and you keep it out with power+ clutch kick, so power oversteer= big points, while the Rx7 stops drifting if you drop it out of it's power band, which is why the AE86 beats it in most courses. You have to see how you go.

Wheelie... no idea what a chargers like, but I have used a old challenger. Very easy; warm tyres... shift into last gear (3rd)... nos+accelerate and just stay like that to wheelie the entire track.

Drag.... Your 240sx will easily be able to beat the drag king/queen. She only does lowish 8s. Most RWD cars are capable.

Speed... Not sure about the Zonda's top speed, but honestly, I wouldn't bother. I have an R34 GTR which is capable of 406km/h... has great start launches and great acceleration. Control is plenty, and it is AWD.

About tuning... the basics have been explained here: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15845
Kasaioni
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Kasaioni »

Ok, thanks a bunch, and by low 8s, do you mean like 8.71, or like 8.07.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

8.7 is high eights... so 8.02. It's usually around 8.1 from memory.
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

You can ve up for Zonda and use it for both drag and wheelie :) As long as you are fast enough in shifting gears, and use NOS at 4th gear, you can wheelie the entire track :)
Kasaioni
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Kasaioni »

I MIGHT use the Zonda for drags/weelies, but I want to see how well my 240x, and when I get my challenger, will do. I may need to tune my 240x a little more, because i'm usually getting lowish 8s and highish 7s, so if I tune it a little more, I'll have no trouble beating the drag king.

And for speed, can the skyline (R34 GT-R) really reach 400km/h? Cause when I look at it in the car lot, it's top speed is like only 250km/h to start with.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Even better value for your money is the Camaro SS. Thankfully the parts are quite cheap for it, although if your 240SX can manage to not total on the Infineon half-mile, then keep it just for that race. But the Camaro SS managed to net me a 6.46 using tall gears, soft suspension, retarded cam timing and max out everything else in engine
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Wheeling the whole track isn't hard...

And an R34 can exceed 400km/h. This is with all lvl3 parts, and max aerodynamics.
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/36845
Notice the top speed... I've been faster... but I've totaled it. Umm... Well, part of it's my little cousin stuffing me up, part of it was me pausing, and un-pausing when traveling close to 400, there are also AI that run off and pull out in your path, jumps where the car just begins to fly when it lands, and I've been totaled when AI totaled themselves, I slowed down to avoid and got rear ended at 300km/h... There are also those lapses in concentration at nevada that mean you go a bit of track and get pulled into a trench. But... against Ryo I totaled once when I had to answer my cousin's question.

This car will not automatically win you the race, but it makes it a lot easier. However, driving it, you have to be very cautious of AI, who hamper you big time.
Kasaioni
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Kasaioni »

Ok, so right now this is what i'm thinking, and oh yea, I just beat the super promotion showdown and I am off to the noise bomb.

Drag: Camaro SS

Weelie: Challenger R/T

Drift: RX-8

Speed: Nissan Skyline

My skyline's top speed right now is 371km/h, and you do have to be very careful when driving it as I noticed.

My 240x just wasn't enough, so I think i'll go on to the challenger and Camero for Drag and Weelie.

The first time I tryed drift with RX-8, it was awesome, i've dominated ever drift since then.

And my Porche is awesome, I may have to upgrade it just a little more though.

Ok, so all I need now is to get money to tune thse cars up, and I should be go to go for noise bomb.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

listen to me.

the S13 AND S15 r both very competent 1/4 mile drag cars.

Upgrade everything to stage 3 except suspension (stage 2) and it's still extremely light, but it packs decent power.

On the other hand, u need something for wheelie. I suggest Chevelle SS (my car :D ) or the Viper.

I have a Viper for Speed, and it's very fast, but lacks a bit of control. I'm still saving up for stage 3 suspension.

Porsche should be fine for grip. Never tried it, but according to Koenisegg, it's good.

P.S I have Evo, Viper, Chevelle SS, RX-7
oh snap
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Even better value for your money is the Camaro SS. Thankfully the parts are quite cheap for it, although if your 240SX can manage to not total on the Infineon half-mile, then keep it just for that race. But the Camaro SS managed to net me a 6.46 using tall gears, soft suspension, retarded cam timing and max out everything else in engine
How did u get 6.46?

My Chevelle can hardly manage 7s...\

Did u use cheats??? [-X
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Ok. Sounds like a great lineup.

The blueprint lies a bit... it can go very quickly. It can reach over 400 if you are on a long enough straight under it's own power, or if you slipstream or use nos. It stays in the mid 300s, and is capable of average speeds well over 300, so just nos and you'll be knocking on 400's door. However, at these speeds, you cover a lot of ground... so concentration is very important.

I'm surprised that a 7 sec car wasn't up to scratch for drag though. Still, you shouldn't go wrong with those two cars.

The Rx8 definitely is a very easy car to drift... I find it tries to resist over steer, but it's not hard to keep it out and earn big points.

Good luck then.
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

If you want cars that are fast, not very hard to drive, score a lot of points, use this:

Grip - Porsche 911 Turbo
Drag - Toyota Supra (never put over Suspension Stage 2)
Wheelies - Whatever! :P
Drift - Mazda RX-7
Speed - Porsche 911 Turbo (use Suspension Stock)

Cya!

Rogério

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=VGSpeedPro
http://hosted.filefront.com/VGSpeedPro
Kasaioni
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Kasaioni »

OK, then how about this line-up:
Drag 1/4 mile: S13/15

Drag 1/2 mile: Supra? (Is this good for 1/2 mile?)

Speed: Viper (like it better than skyline)

Drift: RX-8

Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

Hmm, might want to change the speed car to omething 4wd?
Kasaioni
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Kasaioni »

Ok, I don't need to say what my drift and Grip car are because I just beat everything up to, but not including, the Grip and Drift King, pretty easily, but i'll wait to do the kings till after i'm done all the race days.

Drag 1/4m: Camaro
Drag 1/2m: Supra
Speed: Probobly a big monster machine with AWD.(WRX?)
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

For speed, you shouldn't have changed it from the Skyline. You don't necessarily need power in Speed because Stage 4 parts will do that for you (apart from the Zonda it is the most powerful car in the game) but rather acceleration. And the Skyline has it in spades. If you happen to go off course but manage to correct, as will most likely happen in Speed, you want acceleration to get back up to speed as quickly as possible.

I did manage to get a faster 1/4 time in the Supra but it was a fluke because the perfect shift ranges on that thing are so SMALL!!! My best is a 6.21.
Kasaioni
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Kasaioni »

Lucky for you I din't sell my Skyline. I think for my Skyline I have Aero dynamics and power lvl 4, the on in between is level 3.

And just for the record, I beat the grip, king, but he was so easy, seriously some of the regular racers were harder than him, geez.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Do you really need two cars for drag?

I mean, if you tune your car wwell enough, you should be able to get a nice all-round drag car, including wheelies.

If you dont want to waste money, get a muscle (i have Chevelle SS) and you mess around a bit with the cam timing (dont change it too much though) and set the first 2 gears 2 to the short side, the 3rd one leave it, and the last one 2 to the long side. (most old muscles only hace 4 gears)

This is a very good setup, and leave the suspension tuning stock. Full track wheelie are easy.
oh snap
Kasaioni
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Kasaioni »

Yea, sounds like a good idea, i'd rather just have only one drag car anyways.

Yea, so I tryed to beat the Drag king with my RX-8, didn't work out so well, so i'm trying to use my RX-7, but i'm not sure if thats a good car or not to use.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

the RX-8 is OK for drag, and the RX-7 is light, but they both don't really have a lot of power, unless you cheat and get stage 4 parts.

Therefore, I don't really think that Japanese cars are the way to go in drag (no offence)

I am still baised towards muscles, whether they be old or new. The viper is an absolute MONSTER on the drag strip. Even though it's expensive, you get 2 (yes, 2) free ones fairly early in the game.

You get one at the first showdown, and it's set for grip. Change it to drag, slap at least stage 2 parts on it, and even with stock tuning you'll dominate on the strip.

The second one is at the first SuperPromotion raceday, where you can pick between the Viper or the R34. Either one works, and they are already on speed.

So there, all set to go.
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

The actual key to getting fast 1/4 times is to NOT wheelie...

Which essentially, unless you have two drag blueprints, makes a 1/4 car worthless for Wheelie, and vice-versa.
Kasaioni
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Kasaioni »

Ok, yea, I get what you're saying.

But i'm also haveing trouble with the Drift king, my RX-8(my drift version) doesn't cut it, so I see a lot of people useing RX-7 for drift, so, change the blueprint, but i'm not exactly sure if the RX-7 is the best drift car...
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Okay, if you aren't that good at drifting, or the mazdas just don't suit your style, go with a) a slow drift car like the AE86 (great drift car) or b) a powerful one which car rack up heaps of points for high speed drifts.

In the case of, lets say the Viper, even if you don't make every single drift, the speed bonuses and extra points you should be able to get on previous ones will back you up.

Note-DO NOT use the Viper (or any powerful car) on the Tokyo docks. they are an absolute nighmare to drift on. Just stick with a lightly modded AE86 for them. :wink:
oh snap
Kasaioni
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Kasaioni »

Yea, I bought the AE86, didn't know if it'd be that good, but thanks!

I am the Street King! *edits first post*

Return to “ProStreet”