biggest gripe: all the "continue" and "ok" screens?

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
cwjr
Ricer
Ricer

biggest gripe: all the "continue" and "ok" screens?

Post by cwjr »

the most annoying thing about pro-street and all of the NFS games are the multiple screens you have no choice but to click on "continue" or "ok" buttons to get to the race. its out of control.

for example when you total your car: first, you have to wait for your car to settle and stop moving, and this can take FOREVER and you cant skip through it either. then when it finally settles. you get a screen telling you the obvious: that you've totalled your car and you have no choice but to click "ok"..then a screen comes up and asks "do you want to restart race?" you can say yes or no...if you say no you go back to the race day menu. if you say yes then another screen comes up telling you that you need to repair your car with a total repair car marker to restart the race and asks if you want to use one..yes or no. again you say yes. then another screen with the marker info comes up asking you to either use the marker or dont use the marker.. (hello, i thought i just said yes i want to use the marker on the previous screen but maybe NFS doesn't believe me so they feel they must make sure i really want to make this decision that i have no choice in making to restart this race anyway) and for the third time you say yes and click on "use marker". and if at any time you say no, you go back to the race day menu as you would've done from the first screen asking you if you wanted to restart.

but you still dont get to race yet...after that the usual list of contestants come up and you have no choice but to click "continue" so you click on it. then the race finally starts .

why can't there just be one screen saying "you've totalled your car and you must use a repair marker to restart the race. do you want to use a repair marker? yes or no?" click on yes and boom the marker gets used and the race can restart. or you can say no and go back to the race day menu. those are really the only two choices you have anyway...so why torture us with 4 unnecessary screens to click through to get there when it can be taken care of in a single screen???

i especially hate the screens that come up where you have no choice but to click "ok" or "continue" to proceed. you can't go backwards or forwards unless you click them...why not just flash those screens for a second or two and automatically continue?

and god forbid if you have autosave enabled because the game saves every one of these decisions on the these screens and that saving takes longer than anything else.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Re: biggest gripe: all the "continue" and "ok" screens?

Post by Striker94 »

yes they are a bit annoying, but you'll love it when you accidentely press 'use cash' instead of 'use marker'...
oh snap
cwjr
Ricer
Ricer

Re: biggest gripe: all the "continue" and "ok" screens?

Post by cwjr »

lol. yeah i've done that by accident several times since thats the default box highlighted initially. sometimes that can cost you over 100K

Return to “ProStreet”