Song in ProStreet - Not used, but still there (Identified?)

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Song in ProStreet - Not used, but still there (Identified?)

Post by RedCarDriver »

Yes, I know this is sort of a stupid question, but...

If you use some sort of unpacker to unpack the music from ProStreet, there is a 38th track that doesn't show up in the game itself. I don't know why this is (and honestly don't care too much), but I just want to know if anyone knows what this song is called and what the group's name is. (It shows up as "Unknown artist - unknown" when the files are unpacked).

EDIT: The singer sort of sounds like the guy from Dúné, singing at a much lower pitch, but the rest of the song doesn't fit Dúné's style (more techno-y). I honestly have no clue what the band is called, and I'm pretty sure it's exclusive to ProStreet, so I don't have any way of identifying the song. If it helps, it MIGHT have been the song that played during Aki Kimura's video (which didn't seem to actually appear in-game).

EDIT 2:

This is what I can make of the lyrics (I'm not too good with lyrics):

"took a ride through the motorcade
(can't make this line out)
you make a fist when you hear that laugh
you fight but give in to your fear of the vertical drop..."

"you're paranoid that I will not come..." (not sure)
"sucked down the vertical, vertical drop..."

EDIT 3:

Google'd it... one site says it is by either the original Dune (which broke up in 2000) or Dúné (the band that has a song in ProStreet) - it doesn't specify. Another site says it's the original Dune and that it's an unreleased track. Either way, I'm renaming the file to "Dune - Vertical Drop" because Windows won't take "ú" and "é" characters. Ah well.

Return to “ProStreet”