Tired of NFS...

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

The old one's were great, I started playing when my dad got me TNFS for our Windows 3.1 computer...

Porsche Unleashed was the most sim-like, I still play it. (I only have a 1.2 Pentium IIIm processor on my Dell Latitude C400, next year I'm either getting a Dell Latitude D620 or an Acer Ferrari or high-level Aspire)

Hot Pursuit 2 was amazing for Gamecube, as was Underground for PS2.

Underground 2 (the game that made me join this forum) was great but had a few flaws and got too ricer in some aspects. (spinners and scissor doors on a civic)

Most Wanted was a major letdownPacific Northwest isn't the best place for a street-racing game.

Carbon, well, was . It's good for Wii (friend has it), but the only way you can get all the cars is having the PC Collector's edition to unlock all the cars....that got annoying, as I have PS2.

I've been playing the Ace Combat series, each one has great graphics and amazing story arcs.....you guys should play those.
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

SkeeteRX7 wrote:I'm either getting a Dell Latitude D620 or an Acer Ferrari
Those Acer Ferrari's are hot!
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

I found all of the need for speed games entertaining (Especially the earlier ones, Such as High Stakes, and Porsche Unleashed), though I’m really disappointed with the game lengths of the newer additions. I’ve rented NFS Carbon twice, and I’ve finished it twice (hence why I’ve never needed to buy it)… just something EA needs to improve on before I begin buying their games again.
About a month ago I finally completed GT4 with a 100% status, and I’ve owned it for nearly 2 years now. Hell… that’s a sort of game I’d much prefer to spend $80 on.
chapree
Ricer
Ricer

Post by chapree »

The NFSC career length sure are disappointing. I heard the new Rainbow Six: Vegas also had short story length. It's been said that due to the rising game dev cost.

But then, EA are pretty rich, what are their actual concern then? :?

The lack of LAN mode pretty much kill my mode to play NFSC. No point. :?
armin
Ricer
Ricer

Post by armin »

love the MW and u1 but u2 and carbon no way.
downlinx_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by downlinx_ »

im with you EA needs to get there heads out of there asses and soon if they want to create another game with the popularity of U2.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

I'm tired of people complaining so much about nfs they only improve as they go ive never seen an nfs game get worse.
no matter how much you complain we all still know you play it and enjoy playing it. the only reason you should complain is if you have the ps2, xbox, or gamecube version.

nfs games dont get worse, but just every time they improve on something theres something else they can inprove in the next need for speed game.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

jacoja06 wrote:that’s a sort of game I’d much prefer to spend $80 on.
What the hell console do you have for it to be $80!!! :shock:

I wish they wouldn't be making the next game for just Next Gen Consoles... I'll get tired of NFS quickly if I can only play it on my PC.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Carcrazy wrote:What the hell console do you have for it to be $80!!! :shock:
Australian Dollars mate :) . It's usually not a bad price for a new PS2 game here.
keanhong
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keanhong »

Yea.. NFS totally need to improve... AutoSculpt isn't impressed me in Carbon.. the gameplay also same.. we need something that offered in TDU (Massively Open Online Racing)..
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Unless the next NFS is at least half as good as the beta of TDU - I, for one, will not be putting any more cash EA's way. And I am one of the people who has bought every NFS and mostly loved it since NFS 3.

Sorry Fishwiz, but we are all entitled to our own opinions - and most of us think Carbon sucked the fat one. :) BTW, I loved Most Wanted and am certainly NOT afraid to admit it - which is why Carbon was, IN MY OPINION, such a let down after MW.
(Climbs into asbestos suit to await flaming)
JetZT7
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JetZT7 »

U1 was good took time to beat, u2 pretty good. NFSMW Still my fav plus I got some unofficial cars in MW which is cool to. I dont know about Carbon I have carbon and it was too easy + ea rushed it, played it twice not touching it again. My fav cars in MW r the lotus elise, Porsche carrera GT,(M3 the modded) and the Evo 8 <- all time favorite.

8) \:D/
The Jet B)
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

well... im bit tired of nfs series by now... it would be great if they could separate underground series from the rest of nfs... i mean... underground is illegal import racing through city with customized normal cars in range from Seat Leon to Skyline... no Porsches, Lambos or Ferraris. Other game should be NFS with exotic cars, no ricer parts... i mean... what ashole would ever customize carrera GT with the kits in MW and Carbon... And yeh... bring exotic locations to NFS... leave the city for underground series.

One more thing... work on game enough long to make it as good as it can... Not one year so that we get only 4 kits?! because there was no time to make more of them... Well... Take 2 years... and make good game... the one that can last next 3 years... not 1 month that is enough for me to complete it and see all the ugly possible customizations.

Nuf said
JetZT7
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JetZT7 »

Tru - Tru EA should seperate underground from Nfs
The Jet B)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Sportscars (tuners) can very well be in the same game as Exotics and Muscle cars.
TDU and Forza have proven that. even tuning exotics isn't always bad, but not like in MW and Carbon, but then you could ruin any car in the last few nfs games (U1 and up) and in U2 it was the worst.
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Tired of NFS...

Post by kimd41 »

korge wrote:Title is self explainatory. I just want to know, who of you guys/gals, are just plain tired of the new wave of EA games and the NFS series.

I wont lie. UG1 was damnear perfect. However, to me... UG2, MW, and C to me were just blah... Same old customizing arcade race game...

To me its like going out and buying every single Madden game for each year... Especially when they all are pretty much the same thing.
Totaly agree! U1 was PERFECT! Then ea started adding shiznit like spinners territories, fugly bodykits, and totaly destroyed the drift engine in Carbon.....
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

I enjoyed the Underground games quite a bit, and I thought Most Wanted was awesome; probably the best arcade racer I've played. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

Carbon? It was okay; nothing special though. Some parts were good, but most of it was middle-of-the-pack. There were also annoying technical issues with the PC version: game crashes, lousy frame-rates, etc. It was playable and was basically enjoyable, but it seemed to just be going through the motions most of the time.

I'm not tired of the series, but hopefully the next one is better than Carbon. :P
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

U1 was the best, lol i remeber getting it for the xbox, played everyday lol.
Carbon is alright not to bad no to good just in the middle

in the meantime i went back to U2 to drift :D
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Re: Tired of NFS...

Post by xturbo »

kimd41 wrote:...Then ea started adding shiznit like spinners territories, fugly bodykits, and totaly destroyed the drift engine in Carbon.....
Amen to that in bold mate...another one who thinks in that way same as me :D
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

JetZT7 wrote:Tru - Tru EA should seperate underground from Nfs
WTF?

They don't need to separate them, just make NFSU:X (x=number) a year, then the next year make a NFSL:X (l = luxury, x = number) and so on, a different title each year. All the games are related to cars=speed, but we get some diversity and its nice to play all them.

Instead of selling the "same" game for 4 years ;)

IMO its not good to mix tuners and exotics in the same game, unless they spent 4 or 5 years developing a well-done macrogame which included "everything", loads of cars, tracks, options, categories, events... that could fit all together in a decent way. Sadly this won't happen since they are releasing ><one game a year<>. This was said by some EA dude sometime.
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

OK, NFS 1 is bit of fun.NFS 2 is fun too. NFS 3 also good but NFS 4-6 suck. then udg 1 is good then NFS udg 2 is kind of boring then MW was dame good and now carbon is suck the story is very short and every time crash
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Can't say I agree completely with you there, as NFS5 is still the best game I've ever played (I started gaming in 92)... Wouldn't say MW is that good either, but apart from that, I can agree with you :)
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

T0MMY wrote:OK, NFS 1 is bit of fun.NFS 2 is fun too. NFS 3 also good but NFS 4-6 suck. then udg 1 is good then NFS udg 2 is kind of boring then MW was dame good and now carbon is suck the story is very short and every time crash
You don't like much the old nfs's ??? :shock:
Seems you missed all the stuff then :lol:
Morty wrote:Can't say I agree completely with you there, as NFS5 is still the best game I've ever played (I started gaming in 92)... Wouldn't say MW is that good either, but apart from that, I can agree with you :)
For me...NFS (III) HP (the pursuit factor) and NFS Porsche (almost a "sim" and driving loads of porsche's) were the best one's, because of the new ideas that they developed these years.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I'm definitely tired of NFS. So is my wallet. When I bought Carbon in the first few weeks it was out, I put down a lot of cash expecting a game that built more on Most Wanted but I got a horrible piece of rubbish instead. I literally spent 2 weeks playing the game and I've never touched except to move it to the bottom of my stack of games for 4 months.

The only way you're going to catch me buying NFS 11 is if the demo is good enough, like the Most Wanted demo. And please stop this night-time racing garbage, it gets annoying when all you can see are lights and some dark shades floating around the screen.
D00MST3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D00MST3R »

Yeah! what ever :evil: EA sucking a lot... and also chewing it...LOL
In my opinion... they can't do arcade anymore so they pick the TDU and try it and play, then they thought we should improve TDU with name NFS hehe!!

If EA is make another TDU(NFS/PS) why we gonna play(try) that game NFS/PS.
Just wait and let the Atari do the thing I'm waiting for Test Drive Unlimited's next episode(s).

EA is ruining the whole plot of NFS. First of all they started the title with exotics then they change whole game to tuners and now on they mix exotics with tuners and now guess what NFS going in the close circuits. WOW!! what are they thinging exotics and tuners head to head in a circuit :evil: city is okay anyone can come against but in the circuit!!?, They think that all &#@$in'gamers are idiots don't they?

Return to “Carbon”