NFS carbon muscle oversteer

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
lordmail
Ricer
Ricer

NFS carbon muscle oversteer

Post by lordmail »

Hi guys
I was wondering what was the best muscle car to oversteer with. Also what tuning you need.

thanks
SnowblindRhino
Ricer
Ricer

Re: NFS carbon muscle oversteer

Post by SnowblindRhino »

What do you mean oversteer with? What event did you want to use it in?

I beat the drift king with a Barracuda, which has gotten me nearly 6k points before, if your looking for a good muscle car to drift with. IMO setting the power band as low as possible, and the nitro as high as possible, thus keeping the tires from hooking up at all, is the key.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

SnowblindRhino wrote:...I beat the drift king ....
He's talking about CARBON NOT ProStreet...there aren't KINGS on CARBON :roll:
SnowblindRhino
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SnowblindRhino »

Must sleep more before posting.

But much the same holds true anyway. Loads of torque, stick the front end down as well as you can, and make the back end slippery (high tire pressure, v hard suspension settings). So any of the 60-70s muscle cars will do, I prefer the Road Runner over the Cuda for some reason.

If your looking for a dedicated canyon drifter, thats slightly harder as the long wheel base muscle cars tend to have issues with the narrowest turns sometimes. So consider the Vette, or the GT if you can afford it. Yes, Im aware the GT is an exotic, but it drives like a muscle car. Moderate the settings you would use for a non-canyon drift, so it 'pushs' a little more in the corners. The big thing is keeping the car physically pointed in the right direction. So be sure to countersteer between turns. Other then that just keep your foot in it.

Return to “Carbon”