(3) What's Carbon?
5%

Total votes: 19

Zonda_Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: nfs carbon

Post by Zonda_Z »

Carbon was fun, still. I would agree that it is 70% from MW. The only thing that was progressed would be the Autosculpt. Autosculpt was something really special.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I thought that the Canyon races were pretty fun. Really tests out driving skills and not to keep relying on the walls to make a turn, though plenty are still doing so. :P
Zonda_Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zonda_Z »

Andre_online wrote:I thought that the Canyon races were pretty fun. Really tests out driving skills and not to keep relying on the walls to make a turn, though plenty are still doing so. :P
I personally think that the canyon races are not originally from Carbon...I've played canyon duels far long ago in the Initial D series...those are the original and the real canyon duels... :D (Although Inintial D took place on a mountain, but it is similar).
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

You don't crash from the mountain top in Initial D, do you?
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

Zonda_Z wrote:
Andre_online wrote:I thought that the Canyon races were pretty fun. Really tests out driving skills and not to keep relying on the walls to make a turn, though plenty are still doing so. :P
I personally think that the canyon races are not originally from Carbon...I've played canyon duels far long ago in the Initial D series...those are the original and the real canyon duels... :D (Although Inintial D took place on a mountain, but it is similar).
the canyon races in carbon were original for the NFS series tho :wink:
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

i really liked carbon and still do =b

and the fact that i can do a lot more after beating it on a pc... *hurray for mods and trainers =b*

i got a CCX, Zonda, LeMans concept (R8) with custom wheels, paint, and spoilers in career =b ... oh zonda had no spoiler because it put one over the existing one which made it weird... and no bodykits and vinyls were allowed... i wanted to get an LP640 but ended up not getting it...

pursuit was really fun, especially the setting at night time... makes a lot more sense =b... wreaking havoc in mid day just totally didn't appear to me... the part i didn't like about Most Wanted...

Canyon Races CAN be hard... but wasn't THAT hard with an R8 =b *of course, only used trainer after i actually beat the whole game*
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

It's good however it's really short... also I suck at drift races at night [I'm only at 17% lol] because it's really hard to keep balance so as to not crash and end your race.

Otherwise, nice game.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

oh drift... that's one of the 2 things i didn't like about carbon... one of the 3 actually
1: drift physics... it's overly exaggerated... *GRID drift was AWESOME! but so HARD!!!*
2: TOO DAMN SHORT!
3: the stupid crew thing... where your "territory is under attack" CONSTANTLY!... gah! it's getting on my nerves!
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

I think I can summarize my thoughts into three words...

WORST... NFS... EVER.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

^ Pointless.

Justify or GTFO.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I love this game.. This was the closest I could get to MW 'cuz I've misplaced it, and truth be told, I miss MW.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

^ Me too! Since getting a PS3 and a cheap copy of Carbon I'm back into it with a vengeance, building rep online at a staggering rate..

TBH I don't understand why people hate on Carbon so much. What's not to like?
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

The generic storyline, the crappy handling, the pointless need of a crew, and what bothers me most: THE GODAWFUL TIERS. I could go on with this game, but I'm at school, so I'm trying to keep it brief.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I don't care about all the 3 things you just mentioned. The tires maybe an issue, but it's not that big of a deal. For what it's worth, racing tires are the most reliable.

I don't see Carbon as the best game out of the whole series, but there's no doubt that Carbon was considered one of the fun ones ever since Underground got burned out from the NFS series, considering the direction NFS games are heading in recent years.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

I'll think about playing Carbon again, this time for my PC (I first played it on PS2), maybe. I'm beginning to think that I was probably too harsh on the game. Though my thoughts on the storyline will still stand.

About the tiers, that's why I consider Most Wanted and even ProStreet superior to this game. See, neither of these two games expect you to get a Tier 3 car to simply beat the damn final boss.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Who says you need a tier 3 car to beat Darius? If you're good enough, a Lotus would suffice in the final race.

Return to “Carbon”