Drifting Tips!

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
MegaMech
Stock
Stock

Drifting Tips!

Post by MegaMech »

Hi, I thought it would be a good idea to give some tips for drifting. These are my opinions of what might help to get drifting quicker, over 4-5 tries I started finding technique
im driving the RX-8 Tier 1 tuner, with everything tuned for drifting

First off get as much speed as possible, more speed the easier it is to drift. Try to keep this speed through out the course.
Stay fairly close to the wall but not to close, if you find yourself getting to close just release the gas and the car will come out of the drift and start driving straight, I found this was the key to successfully getting to the end of the turn. Stick to the wall to gain "bonus points"

Gearing:
With the RX-8 I try to usually stay around gear 3 or higher. If you lose your speed from the start don't worry, stick as close to the peak of Gear 3 as possible, don't gear up going around the turn as it won't help. If your RPM goes down to far, gear down. Staying in the gear will usually mess me up, gearing down lets you continue the drift.
I found that putting these two small technique's together can get me about 100,000 points if i'm lucky.

Return to “Carbon”