Explore The world on foot

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
dotnetbeast
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dotnetbeast »

Getting out of your car and walking around wouldn't matter to me.

I did have an idea tho...but it would be ripping off Gran Turismo where you have one car, like the Supra, and having different versions and different years of the car. And probably some more muscle cars.
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

dotnetbeast wrote:I did have an idea tho...but it would be ripping off Gran Turismo where you have one car, like the Supra, and having different versions and different years of the car. And probably some more muscle cars.
It'd be ripping off NFS:PU also. I see more merit in that idea, given that it'd take less memory, and makes more sense. On the other hand, EA isn't about to drop tuning from the games, which makes different models of the same car a little redundant.
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

Qell hello evreybody ... i am back again :wink:
Well for me the animation idea is cool ... and i think .. just a animation . because we gonna make from a nice need for a speed .. a half Grand theft Auto . and we dont like it ..
May be the only thing that the game needs .. is more tuning availaible ... isn`t?
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

yeah. i agree with you there, but its not just more tuning avaliable that we need in the game. there are alot of things that i would prefer to be in the game before being able to walk around etc. im fine with the game staying the way it has been (not getting out of the car and walking the streets at all)
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

I like free roam but walking around would be just straying from need for speed. i mean, HP2:Cars,UG:Cars,UG2:Cars,MW:Cars,Next Need for Speed game:People and cars, i just wouldnt work
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
ch4m3l30n
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ch4m3l30n »

i dont mind free roam. but walking around i MIGHT NOT mind either..provided i get to bash up some of the drivers in e game that i pwn and sabotage their cars the way razor did to e BMW at e start of e game lols
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

No,. i dont agree with you at all. being able to get out of the car and bash the other racers is way to 'GTA' for me.
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Nope

Post by speed_and_do_the_deed »

I dont like the idea of walking around the city but i wud like it if it had the garage walk around thing like project gotham racing 2 when ya can walk around and change the colour and like look in the interior or go to a diffrent car class and see that at the showroom
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

walkin around is a waste of time and they'll probably say "10 extra hours of gameplay"
NFS_ZawyeR
Drift King
Drift King

Post by NFS_ZawyeR »

Because most of us are voting against, EA will probably make it. :lol:
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

NFS_ZawyeR wrote:Because most of us are voting against, EA will probably make it. :lol:
hahah very funny 8) ...
i think that the only reason for walk is for go to my Pc to play NFS Carbon !!! hahaha
yeah !!! 8) 8) :twisted:
RazoR_MKD
Banned

Post by RazoR_MKD »

Yeah free roam but to jump to events like in MW too,maybe i want to explore the world
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

I can see where walking around could be good, but there's too much GTA in the air. There are many things that walking could very well be integrated. Such as racing events, you can choose to "Race Now" or go chat with the other drivers. But EA wouldn't want to take the time to put in something so cool. :wink:

Walking could very well be a good idea, but "Free Roam" walking? Absolutely not. Next you will be asking for baseball bats and uzis. :P
Tier 1: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Tier 2: Dodge Charger SRT-8
Tier 3: Dodge Challenger Concept
RazoR_MKD
Banned

Post by RazoR_MKD »

It should be "jump to event" which means u press m and u jump to that race and "drive to there" which means we drive to that race
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

I think they should put it in. It's not like they are forcing all of you who say no to it to walk around. What if you see a ped car go flying off a cliff and you want to see the damage? Cant move the camera for the car to look down the cliff. Im all for it. And like I said, it's not like they are forcing you if they do put it in.

You could walk into a shop, ask them for a part, walk out side, put it in your trunk, have a professional put it on, or a minigame where you put it on.

I agree with the thing that was said about finding a group of racers, getting out of your car and chatting or organizing races.

Possibly getting said racers to join a crew of some sort?
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Personally, I think that walking around is extremely useless UNLESS someone finds a hack where you can walk at 200 mph and race while you're walking LOL! That's the only way I would think walking would be cool.

I think that EA should concentrate more on player car and civilian car damage because its really stupid when u smash into a wall at 300 mph and all you get is a scratched front and a slightly broken window. More tuning would be welcomed greatly as well.

Oh, and make sure you guys check out my thread about the cop car hydraulics!
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

Porsche-AG wrote:Personally, I think that walking around is extremely useless UNLESS someone finds a hack where you can walk at 200 mph and race while you're walking LOL! That's the only way I would think walking would be cool.
Think about what you are saying an reevaluate. :?
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Mmhmm... yeah now that I read it over it doesn't make a lot of sense lol. What I meant to say is that if EA made it possible to use people in races (Instead of a vehicle) then it would be pretty interesting even though it is unrealistic. I also wouldn't mind the exploring idea if it was possible to find a hack to use the person in races and/or make them go at extreme speeds.
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

I would not want it in the game, maybe a hack but not integrated with the game.

But it's still a... not-so good idea, NFS is about racing...cars. :P
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

True. But picture this: 3 cars lined up to drag race - Porsche Carrera GT, Lamborghini Murcielago, and an Aston Martin DB9. Then picture a person standing in between them at the start line. Now imagine them racing and the person running faster than all of them. I think that would be quite entertaining lol.

Now picture that same scene except instead of a person standing in between them, it is a fat guy. LOL
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

So, you're saying fat individuals aren't people? :?

Nah, j/k, I get what you're saying.
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

I have to agree that EA would need to make a huge overhaul in order to bring the actual player into the game. What if he's blonde? firetruck no! I want a hairdresser EA! What if he's white? Nah, that's just effing racist! What if he's not worked up? Give us a gym! Why the hell is he wearing a white shirt? White shirts are for nerds! And so on...

I like the way I'm put in the leading role, with people looking at me during the cutscenes, no matter how lame they are, just as someone mentioned before in this thread. Just the face of that effing Razor looking at me wanted me to put pedal to the metal and kick his ass! I couldn't imagine some weirdo replacing me as a character in the game.

Walking is of no use in NFS. Sure it would be nice to be able to make your way around the city, go in shops and stuff, but that means that EA will need to actually make use of traffic lights and control a whole city through them, then you'd have to be careful not to hit a pedestrian or they'd have to use some lame-ass Midtown Madness way of not letting you hit them and so on, add lots of voices so that all people didn't sound the same, add collision between you and pedestrians as well as pedestrians and cars. No, I just don't see NFS racing with people around.

The NFS series doesn't need that. And if you ask me, if EA did decide to bring it into the game the result wouldn't be pleasing. Maybe R* will decide to bring tuners in the game, and people will have just what they want.

From my POV, I liked the MW feeling I got during cutscenes. That's all I need.
I don't use pwned. I use BSODed. It's less cool and harder to say. I know.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ xHaZxMaTx: Lol that would only be a problem if you were fat :P
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

Lol walk ? ............ I'll take the Evo actually , not that its faster , more comfatable and requires less effort , just I can put the shopping in the boot .

Return to “Most Wanted”