Explore The world on foot

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Explore The world on foot

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

In a part of the EA Survey it is the option to choose if you would like to explore the world on foot in the Next NFS. I say that it would be a good idea to explore it and to enter to stores to buy pieces and reserves but on the other hand I think that what we know how Need Foe Speed will become something as the gender of the GTA. What do you think about it?? :)
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

No offence...but is it really necessary to make a thread for the options that were listed on the survey...I mean it could all be discussed in 1 thread...I don't mean to be bugger...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Meh. Go buy GTA. Next you'll be wanting guns in NFS.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

But it would be cool if you could meet up in free roam in multilayer and step out of the car and check out each others vehicles, and try them out for a spin. I think it would add more dynamics to the game, witch it rely needs.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Disagree. I'd keep NFS true to its roots - a racing game, not some new fangled RPG. Skip all this walking around crap and spend the extra effort on physics, realism, graphics and performance.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i think the only thing you should be able to do is park your ride and go and get into another one of your parked rides, and be able to walk around in car lots to see all the rides.
Pigbenis
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pigbenis »

I think the only thing you should be able to do is to race your car. Perhaps in a car lot? Whose nose?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Disagree. I'd keep NFS true to its roots - a racing game, not some new fangled RPG. Skip all this walking around crap and spend the extra effort on physics, realism, graphics and performance.
That is realism, to be able to do things in a game that you can do in real life. Those are the best games and i think EA wants to evolve there game, not to stick there head in the ground.
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Disagree. I'd keep NFS true to its roots - a racing game, not some new fangled RPG. Skip all this walking around crap and spend the extra effort on physics, realism, graphics and performance.
im with gt, who cares about walkin around, sounds pretty boring anyway, make the game as good as it can be without wasting time on stuff that isnt that important.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Fishwhiz wrote:i think the only thing you should be able to do is park your ride and go and get into another one of your parked rides, and be able to walk around in car lots to see all the rides.
Why do that when you can do what is already being done in the NFS games currently out?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, make it a little more "intresting" i should say. i dont see the point, but it would be intresting. except the fact it would take more money......
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Interesting? How? You're doing the exat same thing, except with a guy standing there...
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I voted against getting out of the motor and using Shank's Pony. Can't see the point (unless you can car jack an opponent with a better ride than yours - that could be cool). Or maybe you could get into another ride and be driven around as a passenger. Might work :?

On the other hand, it would be cool if you could walk around your ride and inspect the (highly detailed) damaged suffered during a race (I know, wishful thinking :D )
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:Interesting? How? You're doing the exat same thing, except with a guy standing there...
and what darren said,i agree. well, like i said, you hardly ever get to see the drivers face, and its hard to see in the car while your driving, and the driver is such an important part of driving... if you know what i mean.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Meh.... My windows are tinted, so I don't care.....
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

I'm not quite sure what the point of walking around would be. I mean, it'd be novel for maybe five minutes, and then it'd just be easier to have menus.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

I think the walking idea would be pointless - it'd take away from the racing aspect of the game and basically make it a street-friendly version of GTA.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hecubus wrote:I'm not quite sure what the point of walking around would be. I mean, it'd be novel for maybe five minutes, and then it'd just be easier to have menus.
Exactly. Who even bothers to *drive* to events in Most Wanted, let alone walking around..?
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

GT3x24x7 wrote:
Hecubus wrote:I'm not quite sure what the point of walking around would be. I mean, it'd be novel for maybe five minutes, and then it'd just be easier to have menus.
Exactly. Who even bothers to *drive* to events in Most Wanted, let alone walking around..?
My friend drives.... XD
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

meh... dont really care if there is walking in it or not, id probably prefer to keep it out if i had to choose.
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

Then it'd be what, "Need for Theft: Underground"?

That's why there's two games for that.

Need for SPEED - RACING.
Grand Theft Auto - Massive world, RPG.
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
Ataraxia
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ataraxia »

I dont like the idea of walking but being a passenger gave me ideas. Sort of like spectator mode for mulitplayer. The ability to change camera angles, change cars, and ride with a player in the seat would be awesome. Although I'd probably either be screaming all the time ['HARD LEFT, BRAKE BRRAAKKEE! SEE YA HIT THE WALL! USE THE DAMN NOS QUICK, CATCH UP!] or be thinking 'oh crap' and reaching for the controls every few minutes. :D
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

no, i didnt like those "hard left" "easy right" things in earlier nfs games
but a passesger? if you are a bad driver are you able to deploy the airbags?
btw your sig is huge
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

I like the idea of seeing all your cars in a carlot, walking round them and then driving them. That's like "Project Gotham Racing 2".

Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Shadow the hedgehog »

I for one am open to this idea It's something new and exciting to NFS!

It would be cool to beable to get outside your and walk around & go in shops to buy parts!

Or to just get a good look at your opponents car!

Heck you could even pop the hood of a opponants car and see the engine and then a little statistics box would pop up telling you what he or she has got under the hood.

Speaking of hoods you could even place bets on the hoods of cars laying down the cash or pink's to your ride!

Oh and imagine this REAL TIME CUSTOMISATION! Picture it! you walk around your car in First person view and layer down vinyls where ever you point at! Or personalise your ride by hand painting (well....mouse painting) your own vinyls in real time!

Oh and if SUV's & trucks do get included again (i hope they do!) You could even do Hydrolics shows outside your car in multi player and all the other racers could walk up and watch!

OooH and don't forget Player custimsation you can't have every dude looking the same so they should make it you can customise stuff like Hair,tops,pants,tatto's,hats,top logo's stuff like that!

So as you can see I'm up for getting out of the car!

Return to “Most Wanted”