Explore The world on foot

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Ataraxia
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ataraxia »

Fishwhiz wrote:no, i didnt like those "hard left" "easy right" things in earlier nfs games
but a passesger? if you are a bad driver are you able to deploy the airbags?
btw your sig is huge
I didn't mean screaming at the driver through a mic, but more sittin in my chair watching someone drive screaming. Like people do at the TV. :D Also GT noted me on the sig. I uploaded the wrong file! :oops:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Shadow the hedgehog wrote:I for one am open to this idea It's something new and exciting to NFS!

It would be cool to beable to get outside your and walk around & go in shops to buy parts!

Or to just get a good look at your opponents car!

Heck you could even pop the hood of a opponants car and see the engine and then a little statistics box would pop up telling you what he or she has got under the hood.

Speaking of hoods you could even place bets on the hoods of cars laying down the cash or pink's to your ride!

Oh and imagine this REAL TIME CUSTOMISATION! Picture it! you walk around your car in First person view and layer down vinyls where ever you point at! Or personalise your ride by hand painting (well....mouse painting) your own vinyls in real time!

Oh and if SUV's & trucks do get included again (i hope they do!) You could even do Hydrolics shows outside your car in multi player and all the other racers could walk up and watch!

OooH and don't forget Player custimsation you can't have every dude looking the same so they should make it you can customise stuff like Hair,tops,pants,tatto's,hats,top logo's stuff like that!

So as you can see I'm up for getting out of the car!
WHY!?! Why do you need a person to walk around with while doing any of this? Who says you can't do any of that without some in the game to do it for you? IMVHO, it would be a waste of processing power, time, and money. However, I do like Ataraxia's idea. :D
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Shadow the hedgehog »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:
Shadow the hedgehog wrote:I for one am open to this idea It's something new and exciting to NFS!

It would be cool to beable to get outside your and walk around & go in shops to buy parts!

Or to just get a good look at your opponents car!

Heck you could even pop the hood of a opponants car and see the engine and then a little statistics box would pop up telling you what he or she has got under the hood.

Speaking of hoods you could even place bets on the hoods of cars laying down the cash or pink's to your ride!

Oh and imagine this REAL TIME CUSTOMISATION! Picture it! you walk around your car in First person view and layer down vinyls where ever you point at! Or personalise your ride by hand painting (well....mouse painting) your own vinyls in real time!

Oh and if SUV's & trucks do get included again (i hope they do!) You could even do Hydrolics shows outside your car in multi player and all the other racers could walk up and watch!

OooH and don't forget Player custimsation you can't have every dude looking the same so they should make it you can customise stuff like Hair,tops,pants,tatto's,hats,top logo's stuff like that!

So as you can see I'm up for getting out of the car!
WHY!?! Why do you need a person to walk around with while doing any of this? Who says you can't do any of that without some in the game to do it for you? IMVHO, it would be a waste of processing power, time, and money. However, I do like Ataraxia's idea. :D
oh stop being a kill-joy it's a good idea!
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Just for future reference, you don't need to quote the person above you. People will more than likely know who you're talking to. And no, it isn't. :P
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

It's a good thing and a bad thing. The good thing is that you can free roam drive around the city and walk out of your car to meet new opponents or something. *progress through career mode*

BAD THING: WTF this will be like GTA. Lets hope that in the next version you won't be able to attack and steal cars. :P
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Actually, that would be kind of funny... Useless, but funny. :lol:
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Yeah, you see Mia or Razor drivin down the street, and you open his doors and punch him. :D Then Razor or Mia runs after you and takes out a SMG and shoots your car and you explode!
Guil
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Guil »

Man! If you want to walk, go outside. I mean, it's only a game. Stop trying to make them like real life, it su**. Keep it simple and fun. Who cares about getting out the car? If you care, buy a car, open the door, enter the car, close the door, open the door, get out the car, close the door, open the door, etc.

What the next thing? Flags on the antenna?
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

D00D T4K3 4 CHILL PILL!

Seriously...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

i have to say, it'd be kindof funny to be walking around the street when all of a sudden one of Razor's goons comes and runs over you...

Need for Speed Most Wanted: Splat Edition :P
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

prince1142003 wrote:i have to say, it'd be kindof funny to be walking around the street when all of a sudden one of Razor's goons comes and runs over you...

Need for Speed Most Wanted: Splat Edition :P
ROFL

Anyways, I really think this topic is gonna be flame war... -get's torch ready-
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

I just wanna drive fast and expensive cars, for thats what NFS is all about... not this GTA style crap.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

i agree 100% with enzo... but still, i have to admit... having pedestrians in the game would be cool.... extra points for running over the granny with a stroller! :P
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

If the next NFs did have peds then it would be mostlikly that they would be like driver on PSX as in they jump out of the way at the last second and have no collision detection.

But anyway i'm for getting out of the car 100%

AND STOP FREAKIN REFERING TO THIS AS NFS GRAND THEFT AUTO!!!!
GTA was about killing & being a downright criminal! Not racing

As if NFS would have murdering and hookers in it Jeez!!! grow up!!
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

O_o Who pissed in your Cheerios?
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Nobody i'm just sick of people comparing this to a completly different game that has nothing to do with street racing!

now back on topic

Geting out of your car!!!

It's new, it's exciting, GET USED TO IT!!!
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

How's no grab you?

The whole concept of getting out of your vehicle and being able to control said character is why people are referring it to GTA.....

It's completely against what the NFS series in general has been about.... which is:
Starting off in a crap car
Racing the AI
Getting better cars as rewards or purchasing the cars
Racing with them, and then finishing the game...
Nothing else

You never know who you are
You never really know why he/she is racing (exception being the introduction of those storylines in nfsu onwards)
And on top of all that, this IS ea we're talking about....... (that's enough said as is)

Oh and another thing, when were you a mod?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

I know EA will do a totally different concept in the next generation of NFS, and i for one says that any new concept added to NFS is a good thing. Like it is now you do the game from A - B and finishing the game, maybe then you start over and do it again a couple of times but then its plain BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!!! Like NFS is to day it gets old and worn out very quickly, and for you guys that wants a pure racing game there is Toca - Series, Collin McRae, Richard Burns Rally and a lot more of those genres.

(You can say what ever you want, but i am right about this) 8)
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

The Gravedigger wrote:Oh and another thing, when were you a mod?
People do stupid things when there given free choice!
If you want things to get done you have to tell people what they want! (It works)

And as for sticking to the same old stuff in nfs.....well lets just say the old stuff's getting OLD!!! If EA wants to make money then they gotta expand NFS into new and exciting ideas which is what they are probably doing with the walking thing.
Ataraxia
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ataraxia »

EA will make money off the next NFS game no matter what. Helped in part by IGN, GameSpy and Gamespot calling anything from EA studios 'magical' or some such crap. As I've said before MW seemed to feel like a 'test the waters' game. They stuck their big toe in, and the water was warm. I can see them bombing into the pool next time, with flash new ideas and building upon what MW established. I'm sort of hoping it wont turn into a GTA look alike, but some people like that sort of thing. The best way is to compromise. Indeed, they already have. You already have the option to drive to races, using the GPS system, or you can just skip straight to it.

If EA do include a 'walk around the city' mode then I'm sure they'll still include the option to skip straight to where you want to go. If people dont buy the games just because of the simple fact that you can jump out of the car and roam around, then they are quite simply idiots who will be missing out. On the other hand, unless they get it right, its going to turn out as a complete mess.

Not knowing who your character is or how they look is part of interactivity. Gordon never speaks in HL or HL2. You are Gordon. You control his actions. In F.E.A.R you are the operative. You control his actions. In the later NFS series you were the street racer. Unamed, no faced and that really made me feel as if I was in the game world, I was the main man. My point being, if EA DO decide to create a walk around mode, then they should also let us customize our characters look, hair, clothing, shoes, everything. If I want to be a 120kg big muscle man wearing a jester hat and a shirt that says 'Im #1 so why try harder?' then so be it.

Another nice idea would of course be, [as has been noted to before] being able to interact with other people in the street, or at a local hang out. See their cars using 'Showcase', hang out and chat. A 'lobby' still feels stuffy and stifled. Maybe a real world 'in the street' setting would help open the game up. Hell, you could meet at the local Burger King [its an offical sponsor after all], go down to the beach, the local multi storey car park. If they want us to interact, lets do it outside a text and graphics lobby. Lets do it down near the old Ferris Wheel, like real people do. The more I think about it, being able to get out of your car and walk around would be pretty cool, but walking around the entire city? I think I'll safely leave that one. It would end up being a little boring. But having small interactive sections of the city where you can hang out would be cool. Jump in your car and streak to the local BK. Check your pager, your friends are at the Beach, go jump down there and have a chat, maybe go for a race. This is a simple mock up, but I hope you get the idea of what I'm trying to say.

Although If I ever got a chance to make an NFS game, I'd probably come up with some crazy MMO Racing Game. Hey...that could work... :D Oh, and before you flame me. This is only my 0.02c. These are my opinions. Dont like em? Let me know why and I'll try to show you why it could indeed be fun. :)
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Ea could still keep the career mode dude's identity secret by just using a First person view when you get out of the car.

And for multi player you could have like a "Create a caracter" mode where you give your online persona hat's, top's, pants and everything else.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I wish the next NFS game would have a cockpit view atleast. But First person view? Baad idea, cause that will remind me of FPS games.

If EA is going to make a 3rd person view walk around the city game, then they might as well let you customize what you wear. :P And make a face too you n00bz0rz!
Ataraxia
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ataraxia »

Well like I said, I'd rather it be confined to online and only in the 'lobby' areas. Makes a lot more sense than having an entire city to walk around. Hell, what would you do in the city anyway?
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

I dont like the idea of this GTA style stuff. If EA want to do this style than go create another game instead of ruining NFS. I think NFS has gone off track abit too much now so going even further....
Its obvious EA are just trying to sell sell sell and not concentrating too much on the game. Just cram it with aload of things and hope more people will buy it. Soon NFS will have a diferent style. I used to play nfs 2 se for ages and then also nfs3 i played for along time but after that i lost intrest and now i dont think i will even be bothered to buy any more nfs games.
But this walk about thing Hello its need for SPEED I dont think we can walk at 100mph+
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Just a thought that occurred to me on how walking around the city could be cool.

It could work if, for example, you can pull up outside a pub, get absolutely slaughtered and then if you try to drive afterwards you have next to no control over the vehicle. You could have blurred vision and the car could wander all over the place, attracting the attention of the Boys in Blue.

It could also be good if you could go into buildings, such as Amusement Arcades and perhaps play games such as Space Invaders, Pinball or even the seminal classic, OutRun. Or even just go to the local strip bar (problem is, most of the males amongst us would spend more time there than racing, I suspect). As I said, just a few thoughts on how it could work.

Return to “Most Wanted”