Post by mjdude23 »

can someone please post a linky for me to the survey
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Ta da!
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=10697

:lol: @ Darren. That's pretty funny, but if EA has to edit songs to put them in the game, I doubt they're going to put in a strip bar. ;)
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Shadow the hedgehog »

DarrenR21373 wrote:Just a thought that occurred to me on how walking around the city could be cool.

It could work if, for example, you can pull up outside a pub, get absolutely slaughtered and then if you try to drive afterwards you have next to no control over the vehicle. You could have blurred vision and the car could wander all over the place, attracting the attention of the Boys in Blue.

It could also be good if you could go into buildings, such as Amusement Arcades and perhaps play games such as Space Invaders, Pinball or even the seminal classic, OutRun. Or even just go to the local strip bar (problem is, most of the males amongst us would spend more time there than racing, I suspect). As I said, just a few thoughts on how it could work.
Hey all them places you mentioned could be online lobbies!

Say for example When you create a server you choose your type of lobby weather it be Burger king, A parking lot (with the racers cars),the beach,your hideout or whatever else you can think of.
mjdude23
Drift King
Drift King

Post by mjdude23 »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:Ta da!
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=10697

:lol: @ Darren. That's pretty funny, but if EA has to edit songs to put them in the game, I doubt they're going to put in a strip bar. ;)
I knew it was here just didn't know where :lol:
Remko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Remko »

Ataraxia wrote:Well like I said, I'd rather it be confined to online and only in the 'lobby' areas. Makes a lot more sense than having an entire city to walk around. Hell, what would you do in the city anyway?
This is about the only way I could imagine there being a point to having 'people' in the game, a little bit like Motorcity Online did - but then, that really was more of an Multiplayer Online Role playing game, with a hotrodding/racing theme.

Otherwise I couldnt imagine what it could possibly add to the game concept, other than eye candy. A pre-rendered computer puppet that is supposed to be 'you' that walks into shops, picks parts off the shelf, spraypaints the car etc. that would all be like the cutscenes in Underground 2, where you see your car roll in and out of the shop. It would be interesting for 5 minutes, maybe 6.

In games like GTA, Driv3r, BF1942, etc. there is a point to leaving your vehicle and continuing on foot because you can still play the game that way. In NFS, not so much, unless you imagine something like your car breaking down and having to run to the safe house the last few hundred yards.

I seriously doubt EA plans to overhaul the game into going this direction, though, so let's not get too worked up over it. I think they only added it because it's been suggested a few times on EA's own MW forums.
Personally, I made sure that I voted against it. I can think of a hundred things I'd rather see in NFS than this.
azzkika
Drift King
Drift King

Post by azzkika »

I'm up for walking. Don't know why but it should be interesting.
79 RS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 79 RS »

What they could do if they introduced the walk mode. You could cruising the streets then find a group of street racers parked, then you could park your car. Get out of the car and organise a street race with those street racers that have parked in a car park or something. Im not exactly sure what to think at the monment about the walking thing, as long as they keep guns and the prossies out it could work. But never liked the realism that San Andreas had it was just that too realistic for an action game.

If EA do introduced a walking albility, they still need to keep the game about the racing.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

EA Needs a MMO Street racer. Cruise around and challenge REAL people.
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

Definetily I am agree with you ceano !! :)
It´z a good oprtunity to innovate !!!
Look. The series need for speed how all we know it it is to use the best cars in the world and to run illegal careers for cities routes, etc., to but of 230 mi/h... it would be hour me I think of making a change for well... and I don't speak of making of the need for speed a GTA, anything in this respect.. I only Mean that need for speed has suffered significant changes from the first of them in the which it could modify (partly) the car already knows it famous, blinding, Need For Speed: Road Challenge, no way of the underground 1, since many met NFS thanks to him!!
We cannot reject a change, provided it is among the parameters of the Need For Speed. For example.. it would not be cool that when we are left without money we can rob a truck with pieces to the best style `` The Fast & The Furious´´, or... to make comely how in `` Juiced´´, and as we win or let us lose to win or to lose more... it would be and don't a great idea to it explores the world on foot. Anyway it is acceptable any point of view... the forum is for that.. isn´t??? :wink: :idea:
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

Well, so long as the rest of the game isn't compromised by the addition of exploring the world on foot, then it's fine. I still stand by my point (along with that of several others), that it'll be interesting for about five minutes.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

God, I hope EA don't do something stupid like that. I don't see how being able to walk around in, what is supposed to be a racing game will enhance the gameplay in any such way. :roll:

Being able to walk around in games like GTA may be great, but it doesn't neccesserily mean it will work for other games too. EA just seem to be nicking crap loadsa features from other games and throwing it in NFS, which is just simply lazy! Being able to walk around in a free roaming environment ISN'T A NEW AND EXCITING IDEA! It's an old idea, and has been around in games for a long time.

For those who are for the idea.. here's a question. What will the player do when they are walking around?
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

Hecubus wrote:Well, so long as the rest of the game isn't compromised by the addition of exploring the world on foot, then it's fine. I still stand by my point (along with that of several others), that it'll be interesting for about five minutes.
mmmhhhhhh ... may be you´re right , anyway will be nice some changes & news things... i hope EA knows that are doing :?
I´m not agree with the poor tuning in MW :x
Many of us don't agree :? :?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

If EA is seriously thinking about this, I fear it will be taking precious time away from more important things like racing, cars, more cars, better gfx, well thought tracks, more racing and more cars... and and did I mention the expensive cars and fast racing??

I hope you get my point, I don't mind new things but I sure hope it is not a full replica if the FnF cause trowing money on a carhood is soooooo FnF it should be illegal!

I caracter build, yeah I can life with that, in NFS 5 (porsche) you could choose several diffirent drivers, so it is not completely new.

EA got maxxis in their corporation so they know how to make a custom person build engine, just take a look at SIMS 2 and you know what I mean , the caracter build engine is so detailed it is almost scary (you can really replicate people)

But at this moment I don't see any more use for a caracter then the one you see in your car (has to be moving in the next nfs), walking around doing nothing would be boring within the previous mentioned 5 minutes.

When I read things like interacting with other racers I imidiately think: SIMS :lol:
mouse click at person: talk --> chat or irritate --> gross out :lol: etc

you have to visualize a sims (2) area and instead of a house make the enviroment a street filled with cars (ala FnF) and you with lets say razor and some other useless punks ... and then play...
would be a mixture of SIMS 2, GTA, and NFS.... hilarious

lets face it, the interaction (movies) in MW where of a really low quality do you really think if we get options the quality will improve... it is clear that EA has problems with interaction already... don't make it to hard for them :lol:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Er.. yeah.. what T3hStig said. 8)
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

on that view point ... the better i can request to EA is to let the user put an avatar for on-line playing ... & single too :roll:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Oh yeah, lets chew up even more server bandwidth with useless crap..
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

I think Free Roam ruined the game..... That's why I tend to like NFSU1 best....
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

personal advatars where a option in NFS 5 (PU) but because the rules where violated to the max with adult material, EA stopped personal pictures. cause EA is not know for being in the Adult business.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

What about an animation of the driver getting out the car and walking to the car lot when you arrive there?

Car lot and other places/events... but just an animation, not interactive. Would be nice to see your Lambo doors opening and the dude walking around :D
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
littlefireryone
Ricer
Ricer

Post by littlefireryone »

SP4RCO wrote:What about an animation of the driver getting out the car and walking to the car lot when you arrive there?

Car lot and other places/events... but just an animation, not interactive. Would be nice to see your Lambo doors opening and the dude walking around :D
Yeah I was thinking something like that but just more cinematics of the car. Less driver in the screen cos EA tend to leave them out anyway and just have the door closing and a few close ups while the camera is panning around. Car starts, garage door opens and away she goes!
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

littlefireryone wrote:
SP4RCO wrote:What about an animation of the driver getting out the car and walking to the car lot when you arrive there?

Yeah I was thinking something like that but just more cinematics of the car. Less driver in the screen cos EA tend to leave them out anyway and just have the door closing and a few close ups while the camera is panning around. Car starts, garage door opens and away she goes!
agree with you 2 !!! :D :D :D
Firestran
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Firestran »

agree about the animation.
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

that will be cool .. you taking a piece of your car ... or buying some pieces or vinyls/neons etc .. will be great !!! :D
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

totally agree with you skyline 266
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Waste of time and memory.

Return to “Most Wanted”