CUstomization in NFS 10

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:There was an option like that for NFS: Rivals for the Nintendo DS.
He means NFS underground rivals for PSP maybe?
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

I don't see how that's possible without the touch screen.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

there could always be an importer built into the game... you create your vinyls using MS Paint or such, and just import them in... although, after seeing what EA did with image importing in Madden and NHL, i doubt that'd look too good....
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I still love the first Underground more than MW. It's just... right.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Amen to that, Stereo.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

^ Agreed ^
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:Well, let's see here. Let's say we have seperate front bumper, rear bumper, and sdeskirts. And we have 20 different styles of each. So in total we would have 8,000 body combinations. Not bad, but if we went with that idea, we would have 64,000,000 (64 million) possibilities... That's a bit much.
True, but what I meant was to have a select number of parts to choose from; more like 8-10 styles so as to not overwhelm the player with so many choices :wink:
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Toshiro wrote:U mean NFS:MW for DS.
Frick I don't know. All I know is that it was NFS on Nintendo DS, and you could make your own vinyls in-game.
landmine55
Ricer
Ricer

Post by landmine55 »

yeah its on both MW and rivels on DS i have both
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

id like to have a vynyl to cover the whole car so you can make custom colors out of pearl and metalic pants again like u2.
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

I wouldn't mind a bit more realism with the mods. Body kits add weight (and often reduce aerodynamics). Big rims add weight (alot, actually, rolling intertia or something like that). Might be nice for EA to adhere a little more to the laws of physics.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Hecubus wrote:I wouldn't mind a bit more realism with the mods. Body kits add weight (and often reduce aerodynamics). Big rims add weight (alot, actually, rolling intertia or something like that). Might be nice for EA to adhere a little more to the laws of physics.
That will never happen. Not even the best Sim race-games have that function. I like to see it happen though :)
And besides, not all bodymods will add weight. Some are made from Carbon Fibre which is lighter adn stronger.
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

master m wrote:
Hecubus wrote:I wouldn't mind a bit more realism with the mods. Body kits add weight (and often reduce aerodynamics). Big rims add weight (alot, actually, rolling intertia or something like that). Might be nice for EA to adhere a little more to the laws of physics.
That will never happen. Not even the best Sim race-games have that function. I like to see it happen though :)
And besides, not all bodymods will add weight. Some are made from Carbon Fibre which is lighter adn stronger.
True, I didn't mean to imply that all body kits are strictly ricer-mods (although I suspect that the ones that EA comes up with are).

But, I'd think that it'd be possible to do a reasonable compensation for every mod that decreases preformance. If nothing else, in the programming, have every inch of wheel take off, I dunno, 5hp, or add 10lbs - whatever it takes to add a reasonable compensation for the hit in preformance. If they can make it that we can make the cars faster, they can work it the other way too.
burna
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by burna »

And dont forget that larger rims normally = lower profile tires = better road handling.

I reckon having a choice of exhausts (number, location, size) would be good. 4 at the back, 2 out one side front, etc.

Also installation of CF parts should lighten the car and adding useless crap like roofscoops should add weight and do nothing (unless the car is mid/rear engine then it should increase air intake/ram effect or the scoop somehow connects to an intercooler thing like on WRC cars then it should increase cooling.)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

burna wrote:And dont forget that larger rims normally = lower profile tires = better road handling.
Or you could just get normal sized rims and buy low-profile tires for those. :roll:
GoSsArD
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GoSsArD »

Personally i think that the ability to design your own vinals would be great.. esp. for online racing would be very individual.
also agree with the exhaust placement.

In Most Wanted it was cool to see the insides of BMW all decked out so they could possibly incorporate that aspect into the next one, as well as keeping the cops in of course
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Nice to have sure, but not likely i think. Anything at all that is player designed would have to be downloaded to other online players each time the parts/vinyls were run in a race - I doubt EA would sacrifice the bandwidth required. Already online we see extended delays as car data is transferred to players with slow pings - and thats only exchanging a set of predefined part IDs, not the parts themselves.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Not to mention EA won't allow custom made stuff online because people will make their car a racing adult entertainment show.

And EA won't be pleased with that.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

No, but it could be entertaining for fellow players for all of about 5 minutes though.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

you do have a point there!

but then... I would not notice it, simply because..........

I am always ahead of the competition :lol:
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

offtopic: i want EA 2 add so it changes between day time and night time depening on the time on your computer/xbox :) like in WORLD OF WARCRAFT :D
GoSsArD
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GoSsArD »

joablo wrote:offtopic: i want EA 2 add so it changes between day time and night time depening on the time on your computer/xbox :) like in WORLD OF WARCRAFT :D
Interesting idea, but if anyone else is similar to me they'd be stuck playing at roughly the same hours everyday. after work/school etc... so id always be driving at night... prefer to have a range during my playing time. Maybe something similar to GTA with the changing clocks. Certain race types unlock depending on the time of the clock

Drag races after midnight or something.. ?!?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

i want to see more colour customization like juiced. Also to put decals on the hood AGAIN like U1, and wherever you want to place them. What else? Just like an user said here: " Make your own vinyls like a MS paint inside the game" or a tool from EA to create them. The option to put different neon colours on different sides under the car (i mean a blue neon on the front bumper like 2fast2furious Mitsu Lancer, and 2 different or same neon colours on each side skirt, and another neon at the rear bumper), and inside the car also like the Supra from 2fast2furious. More Rims and 13"- X rims sizes. More REAL spoilers just like Fast and furious movies, like a racing or gt aspects, like Airforce style from U2 or Dual GT from U1.
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

I noticed that in Most Wanted there were a choice between sport class and tuner class spoilers.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could add bumpers, sideskirts, fender flares, etc. the same way!
Muscle car class for a Mustang.
Exotic for an exotic. Or maybe something in between. :)
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

cuze i want german style on the wheels like my father has on his VW golf mk2 looks friggin awsome :D it's when the wheels is wider than the tire :P
Attachments
note: this is a preoject me and my father is working on :D
note: this is a preoject me and my father is working on :D
this is german style or what you calling it :/ in swedish it's tysk stuk and that is german style i think :P
this is german style or what you calling it :/ in swedish it's tysk stuk and that is german style i think :P

Return to “Most Wanted”