Official: Patch Update Info - By: eacomsmoothie (EA.com)

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Official: Patch Update Info - By: eacomsmoothie (EA.com)

Post by Ceano »

Looks that on Monday we will know if EA is going to release a new patch for NFSMW, you can follow it here EA Forums.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Lets wait & see, hopefully there will be one.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Yup - my game has gone completely ga-ga, with constantly having -2billion credits in the bank. What with that and not being able to jump to BlackList bosses due to them already being defeated - this game needs a patch!
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

It's official, EA don't care about us gamers at all, they did screw us ones again! :evil:
Final result - there will not be another patch for Most Wanted.

Longer version - While I'm sure very few of you are surprised by this, there was a good deal of internal debate surrounding this patch and whether to proceed. While there was never a question of whether there should be support for the community, the issues were a matter of time and resources. Both of which were not available.

The positive however, is that all the information collected on this issue won't be tossed aside and will be used for any future releases.

So with that, I can only add that I'm sorry I couldn't do more.

~ Smoothie
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Ceano wrote: It's official, EA don't care about us gamers at all, they did screw us ones again! :evil:
You actually thought they cared? Psh..not surprised by the final decision...I mean, hey it's EA we're talking about...maybe some leaks on the next NFS will cheer me up.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Marvellous <sarcasm> :D

Not an unexpected decision though. :roll:
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Well to bad for them then, NFSMW is the last original game i will have from EA! :twisted:
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I cant belive it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how could they leave us hangin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :? :cry:
Oh well, "tosses NFS Most Wanted CDs out the window"
Maverick2K4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Maverick2K4 »

Aw, man. When I saw this my hopes went up. Then after I saw what their decision was, I flushed them down the drain. It doesn't change my mind about EA - I've been loyal to the Need For Speed series since I played the demo of Road & Track's The Need for Speed (that's the real technical name of the first NFS, in case all you forgot)/
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I remember that one. thats the only nfs game i dont own. I love NFS but EA does not care about us PC gamers. Now i dont have a snow balls chance in hell of playin MW on my PC!!!!! THANKS ALOT EA!!!!
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

This is what EA think:

Care=Money
Dont care=Customers
You give me your money buying the game, thats it, I dont care about you until the next game.
JuMbLeBoY
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JuMbLeBoY »

Dang, my MW just screwed up; the cops won't spawn and only 1 cop car will be following me. I can't kep the chase up...
H3ll$pawn
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by H3ll$pawn »

This can't be happening.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Q: is this patch necessary to play NFSMW? I mean, I haven't played it for months but I am sure that the game will work if I insert my original DVD and I double-click the NFSMW icon in my desktop...
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
JuMbLeBoY
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JuMbLeBoY »

Yes of course you can play. But the fact of the matter is, some peoples' copy is so messed up that it is better to just play Barbie hairstyling....
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Its imposible to play MW on my PC. I was relly looking forward to the patch, now im done for!!!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

This is basically saying the same thing but I never knew EA is totally dropping the support on MW:

EA Drops 'Need For Speed Most Wanted' Support
An ongoing discussion in the EA community forums regarding a stuttering issue in the PC version of Need For Speed Most Wanted concluded with the forum admin revealing there will be no more patches due to "time and resources." Although in early February the team was apparently doing some testing to investigate the issue, EA recently decided to drop all NFS Most Wanted support (thanks ve3d). On the bright side, EA promises to do better in future releases ... really ...

from http://www.worthplaying.com
----------------------

Wow, I thought they wouldn't release the patch but I never knew they're fully dropping the MW support...now it really sucks, especially that it's so early (4 months after release). Psh, they promise to do better in future releases, sounds like false hope to me...bastards. Well I guess I'll have to live with the stuttering issue...
H3ll$pawn
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by H3ll$pawn »

The cash in the account, and now they don't give a shiznit about people like us.
JuMbLeBoY
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JuMbLeBoY »

We should boycott EA...
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

JuMbLeBoY wrote:We should boycott EA...

Yes i will never buy a game from EA again, they can stick there heads up were the sun don't sine :twisted:

Return to “Most Wanted”