EA: Please add sub-titles to next NFS game!

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
unfknblvble
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by unfknblvble »

I have no need for subtitles either, but I think people with hearing problems (and anyone else also) should have the option to turn subtitles on if they want to. So I think the option should be in future games.

Signed
unfknblvble
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

In my case, sometimes it's quite hard to understand when they talk, especially when the mutter or whisper. Subtitles would help a lot (not in chases, btw :D ).

About translations: they SUCK. Every movie broadcasted in public TV here in Uruguay (south of Southamerica) is translated to "International Spanish" - in fact, something we call "Venezuelan" (on the Caribbean Sea), which is translated to by poor "actors" (you know, those overdone screamers seen on typical Latin "telenovelas"). You should try to understand the difference between "Jarri Póter, la nueva... celebridad" said by a Venezuelan and the "Harry Potter, our new... celebrity" cruel whisper of Alan Rickman.

That can be worse. The NFSMW is only translated to the Spanish from Spain (also called "Castellano"), which sounds much different to e.g. Venezuelan, Rioplatense Spanish and Mexican Spanish. You understand what they say, but it sucks.

Therefore, I prefer English for a racing game with Unitedstatesian-like police cars, Northamerican landscapes and cities...
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

It reminds me of that time I was in France, and they were showing the English sit-com, 'Allo 'Allo (which was based in France during World War II, for those that don't know), with all the actors' voices being voiced-over by French actors. Bearing in mind that most of the comedy value of the programme was the fact that all the characters were speaking English with very bad French or German accents (especially the English Policeman or "Zat Eengleash idiot zat sinks ee can speak Franch" as he was mostly known), it just didn't work.

Therefore I'm in agreement that things should be left in their native language as far as possible, although subtitles should definitely be available in the most used languages throughout the World.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

lol, 'allo 'allo in french just wouldnt work at all.. :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

DarrenR that is just bloody awsome..

Allo Allo in french... I did see like 10 seconds of it in German, simply horrible.
I really don't know how people can watch it, all the humor is down thr drain. cause like you said 90% of the fun is in the way the people talk, and interact.

I always watch movies etc in the native language, and use subtittles if needed.

Return to “Most Wanted”