graphics lag in the city?

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
vanguard
Ricer
Ricer

graphics lag in the city?

Post by vanguard »

im running this game on a Pentium M 735 with 512 MB of RAM and an Intel Accelerated graphics card. i haven't had much problems with graphics lag until i got to the city after beating earl. in almost all the races, there are places (especially near the turns) where the game slows down considerably, and where you can actually count the number of frames per second the game is running (2-3 per second).

so im wondering, is this a memory leak bug in the game or is it my computer? does rendering cityscapes require a lot more processing power? anyone else have a problem with this.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Sounds like you have integrated, my advice is to get a good graphics card.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Two words:

Bad programming.
REBEL35SUSPECT
Ricer
Ricer

Post by REBEL35SUSPECT »

6 words

bad programming and intergrated graphix card
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

This game even lags on a relatively high-spec desktop PC with a reasonably modern graphics card. The only cure I've found is to exit the game when it starts to slow down and restart it.

I also disconnect my always-on internet connection and disable my anti-virus. This helps me a lot, but it obviously means I don't play online.

It's poor programming. This was why EA were thinking about making a new patch, but they couldn't be arsed. I guess we'll just have to live with it :roll:

Return to “Most Wanted”