Best Graphics - NFS-MW or NFSU2?

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
vee12
Ricer
Ricer

Best Graphics - NFS-MW or NFSU2?

Post by vee12 »

I think the only graphical part of NFS-MW I like are the cars. The metallic colors, finish, reflections on the cars is amazingly realistic. But the rest of the game doesnt impress me much. In the city, the buildings look like they were colored in a third grade art class, or like something out of a comic book. Even the country side is not much better. OK, the atmospheric effects, rain, sun, overcast, clouds are nice, but cant find much else to impress me. I'm sure it would look better on a 7900gt or something, but how much better to what I have (6800gt)?

NFSU2 however, is really nice graphics-wise. Wherever, in the city, in the hills, the night time driving, the scenery is all great. The cars dont match NFS-MW's realism but thats it IMO.

Any thoughts on the graphics in these 2 games?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

7900gt vs 6800gt. No difference at all, they are both capable of the same visual effects (the game uses). 7900 just faster and at higher detail settings.

Haven't really thought about the difference in scenery detail. Since UG2 is at night and MW at daytime, it's sort of hard to compare them anyway. Cars and atmosphere effects are, as you say, way better in MW.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

cause of the dark atmosfhere U2 did not need much details cause you could not see them anyway.

MW had a whole diffirent feel to it, it was build in a authum style.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

While I do resent MW's grainy look, the graphics are clearly better than UG2 (proved by your graphics card...:P ). I never really liked UG2's graphics. They are so colourful and childish. MW's graphics are more "serious" and realistic (but I really think they could have achieved the same effect by leaving the grainy palette aside).
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

UG2 blinded you with all the lights there where. And Stig is right. If you where driving in the dark, at 200mph, you didn't neetd a lot of deatil. It actually looks pretty lame.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Koffy wrote:UG2 blinded you with all the lights there where. And Stig is right. If you where driving in the dark, at 200mph, you didn't neetd a lot of deatil. It actually looks pretty lame.
The sun sometimes blinds me in MW... :P It's true, when the sun sets, sometimes it's right in front of me and it is really hard to see.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

@ 2furio Just like in SRS Its the exact same effect!! Its rather annoying.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

2furio wrote:
Koffy wrote:UG2 blinded you with all the lights there where. And Stig is right. If you where driving in the dark, at 200mph, you didn't neetd a lot of deatil. It actually looks pretty lame.
The sun sometimes blinds me in MW... :P It's true, when the sun sets, sometimes it's right in front of me and it is really hard to see.
Well, thats' treu. But at least it only happens sometimes. In UG2 you have light glow alla rround all the time.
vee12
Ricer
Ricer

Post by vee12 »

LOL, I hadnt touched NFSU2 in a while, so I put it back on and now agree that it doesnt match NFSMW in quality of graphics, though when I was playing it last year I remember liking its graphics a lot. Although it was a night-time setting, the lighting I believe was used to good effect, especially driving thru the hilly areas amidst the luxurious mansions.

Still feel NFS-MW graphics (other than the cars, atmosopheric effects) was not all that great.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I think U2 beats MW by a little tincy weeny bit :)
In MW when you buy brakes uprades you dont see the brakes change its the same old stock calipers and disks. In U2 it changes and that looks much more realistic. IMO little stuff like that really show the level of care developers put into a game.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

I think the graphics in MW were much better than the ones in U2. The biggest difference is when you look at your cars in the garage. the graphics there was alot better in MW
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

The biggest difference I noticed was the reflections.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I think a poll should be made so we can see overall what people think...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The fact that the low sun was annoying made it abit more realistic cause in real life it could be just as irritating

and they made these for problems like that 8)
mjdude23
Drift King
Drift King

Post by mjdude23 »

UG2
HKSfan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HKSfan »

in UG2 the asphalt was looking rather shiznit when you installed the patch they just blurred it out (right word?)
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

about the sun thing that people were talking about before. i like it alot when it does that. makes the game feel alot more realistic
canhoto
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by canhoto »

MW..
at least on this one the road looks like a real road instead of the one we had one UG2(it was like a layer of glass over the tar...)
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

canhoto wrote:MW..
at least on this one the road looks like a real road instead of the one we had one UG2(it was like a layer of glass over the tar...)
Yes, that too. Those textures on the strret looked like they where taken from TNFS. :LOL: It looked more as a mosaic than asphalt.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

MW! There has been a big graphics improvement from nfsu2. Specially about the cars: the interior for example. Or the rims, they are a lot more detailed.

Some pics taken with my Gforce FX5200 :P

Buildings are nice

Even when all their windows are broken in the same way :lol:

Roads are amazing:

OMG road:

CAR:
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

hahaha it dose look pretty cool wit ur 5k card but noffing works as well as the mw graphics how the sun moves and the shadows and reflection it just puts u2 really down in the dirt graphic wize other then that u2 is still pretty kick ass
gr8tor
Ricer
Ricer

U2 any day,graphics and gameplay.

Post by gr8tor »

Well I just got NFSMW,wish I hadnt really.IMO,NFSU2 is great,the cars in MW look good in the garage but out on the road they seem to take a dive.The seanery in MW tress road, buildings are no better,proably worse,In fact the whole game kinda is lacking.Im sticking to U2.Im not that PC savy,Maybe its my PCset up? all I got is 166mhz,readeon9550,768ram 19 inch screen.Still U2 runs and looks awesome.I take all the road glare, light trails etc out ,high car details,and lighten up my screen so its not that dark,bein at night and all.Oh yeah the road graphics in U2 do kinda suck up close,but hey Im lookin in front of the car when im drivin so no biggie.
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

If you really want to see the full potential in the looks of MW, you have get your resolution up to atlest 1400xsomething......the best my pc can do with it is 1600x1200, looks really good up there, no need for anti aliasing or vsync, but the only problem is that up there, there's a bit TOO much reflection that comes on, don't know why it does that but, i'll post some pics soon to show what i mean :?
by the way, UG2 wasn't all that great with the looks, especially considering that it was night, but the thing is, we can't really know which game looks better unless we are able to see both games in both conditions meaning both night and day to compare what they look like at those times, ug2 was pretty cool with the changing of stuff like brake capilars and all that, but they could atleast do some work with the UNDERSIDE of the cars............I don't find a ALL BLACK bottom of a car good looking, but then again, not that we can actually see it when driving, but just glimpsing it when the car flips and knowing that they paid repects to the cars that much isnt a bad thing atall :roll: :?
LuminaryJanitor
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LuminaryJanitor »

SparcoPusher wrote:...1600x1200, looks really good up there, no need for anti aliasing or vsync...
No need for vsync?? You always need vsync. Higher resolutions make it even worse, 'cause your framerate's lower. Anyway, back on topic...

The environment textures in MW were much better than UG2. Much higher resolution, plus all the shader effects. Too bad about those horrible post-processing effects...
Juelz_Santana
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Juelz_Santana »

I have this for gamecube and in my opinion U2 has better graphics than MW atleast for this console. Don't get me wrong MW is a hell of alot better than U2 but in U2 the cars look great all around but in MW the cars look gorgeous in the garage or showroom (what ever it's called) but once I hit the streets my car looks who did it and why.

Return to “Most Wanted”