Best Graphics - NFS-MW or NFSU2?

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

i want to see pics of those big cards like 7900 or more, compared to a "low" card.
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

LuminaryJanitor wrote:
SparcoPusher wrote:...1600x1200, looks really good up there, no need for anti aliasing or vsync...
No need for vsync?? You always need vsync. Higher resolutions make it even worse, 'cause your framerate's lower. Anyway, back on topic...

The environment textures in MW were much better than UG2. Much higher resolution, plus all the shader effects. Too bad about those horrible post-processing effects...
Well, on my Pc at 1920x1200 there really isn't a need for vsync and everything but that and anti-aliasing is all the way up...check out this pic....the only things that aren't on are anti-aliasin and vsync, and my card is a 6800 go ultra :Di had to shrink the size of the pic though because it wouldn't let me upload it at 1920x1200 :cry:
Attachments
nfsmw002.jpg
LuminaryJanitor
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LuminaryJanitor »

I've got a feeling frame tearing isn't going to show up in a screenshot... in any case it's not going to be a problem with a static camera in the showroom :D .

For those who don't know what VSync does:

-Your computer generally spits out frames as fast as it can.
-Your monitor refreshes at a constant rate (eg 60 times a second).
-Often your PC will be sending a new frame during a monitor refresh.
-When this happens, half the frame will display now, and the other half won't show up until the next refresh.
-VSync synchronises the computer with the monitor, to make sure that the frames and refreshes always match up.

So unless the game's capped at 60fps, your monitor's at 60Hz, and your framerate never dips by even 0.1fps, VSync will always be an improvement (though it may be hard to spot, comparing before and after, if you don't know exactly what you're looking for).

What I'm really saying is... What reason could you possibly have for turning it off?
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

vSync shiznit down my FPS, that's what. I get about 30-40, even 50 when I have it off. When I have it on, it ranges from 20-30.
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

welp i had ug2 for xbox, and have most wanted for 360, the most wanted looked better, as to be expected. but i installed ug2 on my computer, and i might debate that it contest with the graphics of MW on 360. now i have to install MW on my computer and find out
RazoR_MKD
Banned

Post by RazoR_MKD »

I like the road reflections from the sun in MW,and when u view the car in the garage at least in MW u can zoom the car,but i hate when Visual Threament is on low,it kind of "looses" the colors,i like the "yellow" atmosphere in MW,but i miss the many parts that we could put on cars in UG2
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

For Me it' most wanted: the graphics are better, light reflects off the road after it rains, and the cars do shine.
Attachments
untitled.JPG

Return to “Most Wanted”