No catch up patch?

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
c1team
Ricer
Ricer

No catch up patch?

Post by c1team »

Has there been a no catch up patch been made for Most Wanted?
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

What catch-up patch?

It's part of the game.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

a very gay part of the game :roll:
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

I think he means a patch so there isn't catch-up in the game.
c1team
Ricer
Ricer

Post by c1team »

weedman173 wrote:I think he means a patch so there isn't catch-up in the game.
That would be the correct
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

EA put it in the game on purpose, I don't think they're gonna get it out.
c1team
Ricer
Ricer

Post by c1team »

So, does anyone know if there is a coder working on one?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Afaik, no, there will be no more (official) patches for MW.
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

Fishwhiz wrote:a very gay part of the game :roll:
yes it is my friend, yes it is.
hughJ
Stock
Stock

Post by hughJ »

Even if you turn off catchup mode and play a quickrace, the AI still provides a race based on the difficulty level (from what I can tell.) If you setup the game in easiest difficulty, and run an 8 lap race, I've found that the computer will drive poorly giving you a set amount of time/feet lead for the first 1/2 lap or so, and then after that it will put up lap times as perfect as yours (or better) in order to keep the same aprox lead. You don't see your lead constantly getting bigger and bigger the more laps you run (as it should, if you're a better driver and get better lap times.) I was really let down when I saw this.

Just out of curiosity, what was the last honest need for speed game that came out? I've kinda missed out on the games between HighStakes and Most Wanted. Is Porsche Unleashed ok to play?
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Porsche Unleashed (or Porsche 2000 as I normally refer to it, as it had different names in different countries!) is an awesome game (IMHO). Definitely worth a play (has some customization, more realistic handling and and a pretty good damage model.)

It even includes convertibles where you can choose if you want the top up or down and a decent doodle-pit view. OK, the graphics are not on a par with MW or even U's1 & 2 (again, IMHO), but the level where you have to race the Porsche Carerra RS 2.7 (probably my favourite real-life Porsche of all time) is very difficult.

Highly recommended.

Oh, and on the MW Catch-Up theme: I've finally found a way to make races more playable (for me, at least!) I have posted this elsewhere, but I'm so proud of my finidng, I'll share it here:

The AI's ability seems to be affected by your own car's setup. I now tend to stick on full downforce, lower the ride height to minimum and set turbo and nitrous to maximum (only exceptions are drag, speed camera and check point modes). For some reason the AI seem to crash more often (even that "basket", Earl) and I can get a much bigger lead (one race was over 3,500ft).

Return to “Most Wanted”