NFS MW Car question

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
4ceReconSniper
Ricer
Ricer

NFS MW Car question

Post by 4ceReconSniper »

Hello there, I am now at the stage after beating (Izzy Blacklist 12) I have something in my mind, they are as follows:

Assuming I have a fully tuned murcielago (Top Speed 5.0, Accel 4.8, Handling 5.0) will my ride go faster if I installed unique performance parts I collected from every blacklist member i defeated.

Are the blacklist members' car in general better than fully upgraded available cars? If yes why and which cars should I get during the career mode.

You see my gameplan is to defeat all black list members and get all unique performance and body parts as markers. Will my gameplan work in the career? If I unlocked all performance body parts will it be available in "My Cars" outside career mode wherein I can custom a car for free? How about the unique visuals wont it be available after completing career mode?

Thanks a lot... i'm sorry if this question is stupid... kinda new in this game
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

unique performance parts are also called Junkman Parts. they're worthless. they will max out your car's performance, but at the cost of cheating AI. if your car has Junkman parts on it, the game automatically sees the car's performance as maxxed out, regardless of whether it really is, and the AI also gets maxxed out performance. the blacklist racers may be easy to defeat with Junkman parts, but the other racers you have to defeat to get to the blacklist racer won't be easy.

unlocking the Junkman parts in career wont unlock them in My Cars. you have to beat a special locked challenge in order to get them in My Cars. at the screen where you have to "Press Enter to Continue" type in BURGERKING to unlock a challenge. win it, and you'll have Junkman Parts in My Cars. the cheat's different for console versions of the game.

the blacklist members cars are better depending on the stage in the game you are. Sonny's golf is better than any car you can get at that stage because it has nitrous. izzy's mustang is better than any car in that stage because it has higher performance parts. as you proceed in the game, the lower blacklist racers cars become outdated and outclassed, and generally outperfromed.

the unique body and visual markers allow you to slap on parts and visuals that are currently locked. if you wait, those parts will become unlocked later in the game. IMO, the unique markers are worthless. i usually go for the pinkslip and the money.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

This can also work to your advantage though , When you beat them their cars are actually worth keeping :P .
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

That's true about Sonny. He has the best available car, at a higher stage of tune than you can get. I've lost count of how many times he's beaten me within the last 200 feet of a race, cos he has more grunt out of the last corner. ](*,) :-({|=

My word of advice for as soon as you can: buy an Audi TT. You may not like the car in real life, but with full downforce, minimum ride height and a bit of extra steering, this car is, IMHO, awesome. You may need to alter the turbo and nitrous settings though, and drop the downforce for some higher speed circuits. Only problem I'm encountering at the moment with my TT, is in nearly every race (BlackList #7 level, I think) I am being put up against Porsche Carerra GT's, Ford GT's and McLaren SLRs. It's probably just my game is screwed, unless the TT has become an Exotic while I wasn't looking!

I then buy the Lotus Elise (unbeatable handling in the game, again, IMHO) and either use it to the end (it is easily capable of beating Razor when the time comes with full mods) or upgrade for the Porsche Carerra GT.

Pursuits I use the Audi A4 (awesome, with some mods and tuning). I am currently trying the Scooby WRX, which is looking quite promising, though I think I still slightly prefer the A4. Try to avoid RWD cars such as the Mustang, as they spin their wheels too easily, and, in my case, I keep getting busted by the Truncheon Monkies. Hence I tend to use 4WD cars.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

It dont matter what car you buy , it all comes down to personal preference .
4ceReconSniper
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 4ceReconSniper »

thanks guys for the help... I luckily got big lou's car (ecclipse) without restarting... from now on i'll go for the "?" markers
espresso
Ricer
Ricer

Post by espresso »

Hi
I have a question too. Do all the cars have the same performanse when maxed out (max performanse + junkman)?
For example I was comparing A3 and Gallardo today and it seemed to me that Gallardo had better acceleration. Note that both cars were maxed out. So am I seeing things or is it real?
I saw that list with cars' characteristics stating that fully tuned A3 scores 4.9 for acceleration and Gallardo 4.8. So according to it A3 should have better acceleration?

Also don't you find it a bit unrealistic for Lamborhini and Fiat Punto to have similar acceleration scores when fully tuned? I mean Punto is a city car that ppl drive when they go for groceries :lol:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

no, they don't. i made an acceleration analysis ages ago. i'll post it later when i find it.

EDIT:
here it is
espresso
Ricer
Ricer

Post by espresso »

Thanks for the picture.
That's just Junkman applied to stock cars, right? But the characteristics would be closer if all cars had standard performance parts equaly maxed out (except for the bonus and police cars of course).
How did you do this test? Are there any other resources I can refer to regarding this?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

that is junkman applied to cars with all performance parts (e.g. bars maxxed out)

i used a couple of quick and dirty excel formulas and MWTimer. it can be found on NFSCars.net. look in the Tools section for Most Wanted.

EDIT:
NOTE: The BMW M3GTR is at 0 because i never got around to testing it.
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

prince1142003 wrote:unique performance parts are also called Junkman Parts. they're worthless. they will max out your car's performance, but at the cost of cheating AI. if your car has Junkman parts on it, the game automatically sees the car's performance as maxxed out, regardless of whether it really is, and the AI also gets maxxed out performance. the blacklist racers may be easy to defeat with Junkman parts, but the other racers you have to defeat to get to the blacklist racer won't be easy...
As u say, AI maxxed out when I max out my car with Junkman parts, which makes the races more difficult....What happen if I use a stock car and get in the races??? Will those AI use stock cars??

Return to “Most Wanted”