Performance Tuning

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Redhawk8810
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Performance Tuning

Post by Redhawk8810 »

I have the BMW M3, and I love the way it handles, but it seems like it doesn't have as much power as my Corvette. I understand that the corvette has more acceleration, but as of right now, I have never even attempted to use the tuning screen. (I was always worried I would mess something up, and my car would go slower) I was wondering if anybody could either tell me some of the principles of tuning, or give me a link to a good tuning guide? Thanks.

Also, I have heard a lot of places that Razor is extremely fast. I had no problem beating him with the vette, but I was wondering if the places I got my information from were just exaggerating, or if my corvette is just really fast? Also, I was wondering if it was possible to beat the final pursuit without jumping the bridge, and if so does it change the game in anyway? just a couple extra questions. :D
Zpectre
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zpectre »

I don't have a tuning guide, but I can tell you to not move the "Handling" bar too much to the right - you'll end up with an extremely oversteery (and slow since the handling bar also tunes aerodynamic) car. Basically just use max imum aerodynamic, turbo and nitrous, minimum ride height and tune the "Steering" bar to your like (it will depend on the car and the driving style).

Razor is pretty easy, although the Corvette is one of the best cars. And no, you cannot evade the last pursuit by the normal means, because the "Evade" bar never increases. You must find the bridge and jump from it.
j5ive
Ricer
Ricer

Post by j5ive »

I tune every car I have in the game. It does make a pretty big difference, especially in the handling. Unfortunately, it got me used to the better handling that I had a rather difficult time finishing some of the higher challenge series tollbooth races where you can't tune the cars. I eventually finished them all, but they took me a long time because of it.

My general starting point for tuning is as follows:
steering all the way to the right
handling three bars to the right
braking three bars to the right
ride height three bars to the left
aero all the way to the right
nitrous two bars to the right
turbo four bars to the right

I then tune each car from there. On many cars I have to tune handling down from three to two bars to avoid oversteer, and then I tune the turbo to suit each car's shift points (i.e. max power to where the rpm drops to after a shift). Everything else mostly stays the same for every car. I love quick steering as it really helps you turn on high speed sweeper turns. I brake mostly in straight lines before the turn due to my drivers training on the tracks. I don't set the ride height all the way down because I like to take jumps and go off-road, and the ultra low ride height actually slows yuo down in those instances a lot more than they speed up the on-road performance. And I find you gain more MPH with a slower spray of n2o than a full quick burst.

Those are my personal preferences. everyone drives different so your mileage may vary. But if you can get used to the quick steering, that's the one that makes the most difference for me.

Also, I think you're limited to what you can tune on the M3.

hope this helps
Redhawk8810
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Redhawk8810 »

yeah, I found out I can't even tune my M3. but Ill try taht out on my vette.
tony24567
Banned

Post by tony24567 »

yeah

Return to “Most Wanted”