NFSMW question

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
exBMWex
Stock
Stock

NFSMW question

Post by exBMWex »

I was wondering about reracing the blacklist members. i read in a walk thru from this site that it is possible to do so. but it does not tell you how to do it. can someone help me out with this? Thanks in advance.

BmW
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

as far as i know you cannot rerace the blacklist racers. show me where it says you can
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

The only way I can think of is to turn off autosave. Rerace a blacklist member by not saving and then restarting the game. But as soon as you save there's no way back, afaik.
exBMWex
Stock
Stock

Post by exBMWex »

here is what i found in the NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED BLACK EDITION FAQ_WALKTHROUGH

Q: How do I get the pink slip for Blacklist X?

A: You pick one of the ? bonus markers. If it doesn't have the pink slip,
you pick another one. If the second one doesn't have the pink slip, you
press ALT-F4 on the PC or the Reset button on your console, reload and
race the Blacklist member again and take two more guesses. Each time you
reload, the pink slip is randomly inserted (and, sometimes, may not even
be available). So it all comes down to racing the Blacklist member over
and over until you get lucky. Or, just deciding you don't need every
Blacklist car and getting on with the game.

you might be right about turning off auto save.
4ceReconSniper
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 4ceReconSniper »

GT4x24x7 is absolutely right... turn off autosave
j5ive
Ricer
Ricer

Post by j5ive »

Yup, just turn off autosave in the game options. Save before you challenge the blacklist racers, then if you don't get their pinkslip after you pick your markers, just load the same profile again, and you should be back to where you're ready to challenge the blacklist racer. No force closing the program is needed.

You really don't need to have every rival's car to finish the game. First time I went through career mode I bought one car, then used three of the rival cars I won along the way to finish that mode with no visits to the shop to upgrade. I ended up with 5 of the rivals cars.

2nd time I wanted to get all of the rival's cars just for fun, so I turned autosave off. That's all it takes. If I didn't get their car, just reload and try again. The good this about having all of the rival's cars is, they do not count towards your maximum allowed cars in the safehouse (which is 10). So you can still buy 10 more cars on top of the 15 blacklist cars, allowing you to have a grand 25 cars in the safehouse in career mode at the end of the game.

I have a savegame with all 15 rival cars in original vinyls plus a few more cars available to download at the link in my sig. If you really couldn't get all of the rival cars after you finish playing career mode, then you can always just download my savegame.

But I recommend playing through it yourself first.

Return to “Most Wanted”